let's put lebron's playoff performance in perspective

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by cguy610

LeBron doesn't have the conditioning to be the best. He needs to work on that or pace himself and save himself for the end of games.

But I also think LeBron should NOT be pushing the ball up court. Except for rebounds with a fastbreak opportunity. What is wrong with Mike Brown? Why would you have LeBron taking the ball up court after made baskets?

If Mo Williams is the PG, why isn't he bringing the ball up the court? Especially if LeBron needs rest because he's playing 45 minutes a game.
Mike brown is STUPID. After watching the "basketball" that took place in the 4th quarter, I now know LBJ was adopted. I've since narrowed LeBron's birrth name down to either Hercules or Jesus... I don't know which quite yet. and Mike Brown is really just a Cavs' fan that gets to sit extra close at court side. Dude has one and a half all-stars and plays a glorified game of keep-away to close games? Whatever...

Also, if the Cavs tried that on the Lakers, Phil Jackson would pressure LeBron the whole way up the court to wear him down even more. I saw Phil Jackson putScottie Pippen on Damon Staudamire years ago to pressure and disrupt the Blazers offense. LeBron will have passed out by halftime and going to the locker roomfor IVs.

One part of me almost doesn't want to see Cleveland get crushed by the Lakers because of poor coaching now that I see how bad Mike Brown has been thisseries.

He has been downright AWFUL. If Delonte and Mo Williams aren't hitting jump shots, why wasn't Mr. Clutch Boobie Gibson in there sooner? Like Games 1and 2.

cant we just appreciate what the man is doing?
laugh.gif

he's doing great. def appreciated.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

no hate, but if you want to put it in perspective, can we get a % of his points off of free throws?
about 30% of his points have been from the ft line.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
damn 30% .... but like i said before wade has been beasting all season longwith crazy #'s.... but aint no one gave a damn because lebron was already crowned MVP in the beginning of the season...

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

true great ones average more in the playoffs compared to regular season.

lebron is doing it right.
e9yy2w.jpg

They are down 3-2 btw..

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! Certainly, this man has put on a show. He is the most dominant offensive force in the league. It's greatly appreciated...

but he knows the game, his performances will never receive their full deserved appreciation until he hoists a trophy. Just the way it is. DF!!!
Thats what I was gonna say.

Dont matter if theyre down 3-2 THIS series... this man has been carrying his team for the whole playoffs, especially this series.

Its appreciated, but painful to watch. There is no reason that LBJ has to carry his team for the length of a game every time. It seems like they dont ever runany plays except an iso for Bron.

This man can't get out of beast mode, but no one will ever look back on this unless he goes to the finals and does the same because we all know no oneremembers Conference finals standouts.

make this the official lebron james thread in case he wins the finals...which seems inevitable from stern's perspective

Originally Posted by Burns1923

LeBron is clearly showing he's an amazing player.

The problem is that he's playing in arguably the worst era of modern basketball and I think that puts a bit of a damper on his statistical accomplishments thus far.

The numbers he's putting up are gaudy but if he put up those numbers in, say, 1992 with MJ, Drexler, Hakeem, Barkley, Isiah, Robinson, Ewing, Dominique, etc, they'd look even more impressive.

The league stinks now so we really can't get an accurate gauge of how great LeBron actually is at this point.
QFMFT

His numbers are ridiculous and it's scary when you think about how much damage he'll do to record books once it's all said and done, but can wePLEASE stop comparing him to MJ? He's NOT Michael Jordan, they're two different players who played in two different eras of basketball who played undera different set of rules.

This is not a knock against the man, but until LeBron develops that killer instinct Jordan and veryfew other athletes had (or currently have) and wins a couple rings...the comparisons need to stop. Y'all can throw me w/e stats you want...he's notMichael Jordan and he's not better than him. Period.

LEBRON IS BALLING...

HOW MANY DFFERENT WAYS CAN IT BE SAID...

IF U DONT THINK SO BY KNOW YOU NEVER WILL...

Put it in perspective. Bron just from the foul line is hitting a decent all-stars scoring average.

Not even Mike got that treatment ala Wade.

Impressive or gift?

I go with gift because this has been done before just 3 years ago. This league is falling apart and stern is trying too hard to find the "next bigthing."
How can a league with many great players for decades have just 1 player receive some treatment but within a 3 year span 2 guys get the treatment that the 1 whohappened to be the GOAT, got and some?

Brons game is gangsta and is etching his legacy but he doesn't need help.

great numbers, but his team just watches him play at times.. awesome performance, but in the end it doesnt mean anything, because it'll be a losingseason... besides i think lebron is past that, i wanna be the best player, because all great players are remember for, are the rings they have

I understand the defensive argument but lets stop acting like the league isn't full of potentially all time great young stars right now....

The numbers he's putting up are gaudy but if he put up those numbers in, say, 1992 with MJ, Drexler, Hakeem, Barkley, Isiah, Robinson, Ewing, Dominique, etc, they'd look even more impressive.

Bron, Kobe, Wade, Melo, CP3, D-Will, B-Roy, D.Rose, Dwight etc. etc.

Y'all let the bitter old sports writers put thoughts in y'all heads sometimes. Go back and watch NBA games before the late 80's to early mid90's golden era....boatloads of role players who couldn't sniff the last spot on the Kings bench today. Slow motion offense and sloppy 1 on 1 defensethat ended in cheap hacks...the game has evolved and we will be seeing another golden era soon.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

I understand the defensive argument but lets stop acting like the league isn't full of potentially all time great young stars right now....

how many people on that list play defense like the players listed above?

and did you seriously say Rose? what has done to be compared to the 90s superstars?

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

how many people on that list play defense like the players listed above?

and did you seriously say Rose? what has done to be compared to the 90s superstars?

He's a rookie my dude...what you expect him to do more than what he has done this season.

My point was that there is not a lack of stars in the league.

And Bron, Kobe and Wade don't play D like MJ and Nique did?

Chris Paul ain't one of the best thieves in the history of the league?

Dwight Howard isn't a great defensive center?

No hate but the thing I don't like is how many players did he face we're renown for their defense? But dude has been unstoppable lately I was expectinghim to slow down in game 5.
pimp.gif

I say it over and over again....the thing that makes Bron the best player I have ever seen play...is his passing ability.

The reason why Van Gundy is letting him have his way one on one instead of double teaming him as soon as he gets that ball is because as ridiculous of a scorerthat Bron is...he's better as a passer. He's naturally a distributor and has court vision, passing ability and court IQ up there with the best PGs thathave ever played.

The reason why he went off on Detroit a couple seasons back was because they were doubling and tripling him...and he would keep his composure, wait for theopening and throw an accurate bullet that lead a teammate right into a basket. Eventually they decided it was better to man him up and have a defender meet himat the rim...we all saw how that turned out.

Thats why Van Gundy said he can't figure out what to do with him and he would rather have him go off that get him teammates going.

Bron's LEADERSHIP, unselfishness as a star and his passing ability at this age is what really makes me like him as a player.

This whole the league stinks now because of the refs is crap.

I'm a Maverick fan and of all fans we should have biggest complaints about the refs.

However the star treatment didn't start in the last few years.

Mike got the same treatment in his time.

What Lebron is doing right now is historically great no matter how people try to justify it.

I say it over and over again....the thing that makes Bron the best player I have ever seen play...is his passing ability.
how old are you?

cuz if Bron is the best you've ever seen... you cant have ever seen Jordan/Magic play...

Originally Posted by ericberry14

how old are you?

cuz if Bron is the best you've ever seen... you cant have ever seen Jordan/Magic play...

Why's that?

He's a rookie my dude...what you expect him to do more than what he has done this season.
he had a good rookie season... i just don't understand why you put him on that list, among those names.

And Bron, Kobe and Wade don't play D like MJ and Nique did?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

no.

Chris Paul ain't one of the best thieves in the history of the league?
you're right on this one... Chris Paul is one of the best thieves i've ever seen. i've never seen such an undeserving player steal aspot on first-team all defense as blatantly as Paul did this season.

Dwight Howard isn't a great defensive center?
certainly, he is. but he would be a footnote if he was playing in the Hakeem, Mutombo, Robinson, Mourning era.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

how old are you?

just forget it... someone who says something like that is too caught up in Lebron slurping to even bother arguing with.

Back
Top Bottom