let's put lebron's playoff performance in perspective

right now, lebron is putting up 36.1ppg, 9.3rpg, 7.3apg, 1.8spg, on 51.7% fg.

i think the last time any individual player who has dominated the playoffs individually was michael and hakeem.

hakeem during the 94-95 championship run put up: 33ppg, 10.3rpg, 4.5apg, 2.8bpg, on 53%fg
sick.gif

michael's best playoff runs (notice they were MULTIPLES
laugh.gif
eek.gif
) were:
88-89: 34.8ppg, 7.0rpg, 7.6apg, 2.47spg, on 51% fg
89-90: 36.7ppg, 7.2rpg, 6.8apg, 2.8spg, on 51%fg
91-92: 34.5ppg, 6.2rpg, 5.8apg, 2spg, on 50%fg (championship)
92-93: 35.1ppg, 6.7rpg, 6.0apg, 2spg, on 48%fg (championship)
he also had other ridiculous playoff runs, but these REALLY stood out. and that's why he's the GOAT.

and for this 5 game series v. the magic, lebron is putting up 41.3ppg, 8.6rpg, 8.2apg on 50%fg.

i don't think anyone in the league can do what lebron is doing if they're put in his position and put up these stats. he's justridiculous. and this is no jocking. i'm putting his performance in regards to the other great performances in history. if he doesn't win achampionship, it will kind of tarnish it b/c jordan did this on the regular before he won. but as fans, it's great to appreciate greatness and something wehaven't seen since hakeem and MJ, which is around 15 years.

yawn....

Another one of these again? And I barely even come aroound these parts

Yes, Lebron is clowning. We know this. Sprite, Nike, the leaugue, the radio, the puppets, the @###**# Browns, and every one else tells us all daylong.

Go to bed.

*waits for about 100 responses about how he couldn't have done it without the refs*

YO! Certainly, this man has put on a show. He is the most dominant offensive force in the league. It's greatly appreciated...

but he knows the game, his performances will never receive their full deserved appreciation until he hoists a trophy. Just the way it is. DF!!!

Yes, lost in all of these losses, hate, hype, NT tomfoolery, etc.. is just how amazing he's been. Dude is an absolute beast but yeah.. in the end,stats don't matter in the playoffs if you don't win it all! (well, at least to the haters who won't give him his due) Go LeBron!

I'll wait till his season is over (whether that be this series or next) to really put his performance in perspective.

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

Can't even compare the stats to MJ's IMO because it's a totally different league now
smh.gif
. Dudes can't even play LEGIT basketball.
c'mon man, can we just appreciate what lebron is doing. if it's "so easy," i don't see anyone else doing it. dwayne wadegets calls on the regular also, but i didn't see him do this EVER. kobe gets his calls but i don't see him doing this EVER. allen iverson got his callson the regular but i don't see him doing this EVER. and those guys played in lebron's era.

again, we all know MJ is the GOAT. i never once said lebron's performance is on par with michael b/c michael did win championships. but like i said,it's been more than a decade since we are seeing a dominant performance for a long playoff run.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

yawn....

Another one of these again? And I barely even come aroound these parts

Yes, Lebron is clowning. We know this. Sprite, Nike, the leaugue, the radio, the puppets, the @###**# Browns, and every one else tells us all day long.

Go to bed.

LeBron is clearly showing he's an amazing player.

The problem is that he's playing in arguably the worst era of modern basketball and I think that puts a bit of a damper on his statistical accomplishmentsthus far.

The numbers he's putting up are gaudy but if he put up those numbers in, say, 1992 with MJ, Drexler, Hakeem, Barkley, Isiah, Robinson, Ewing, Dominique,etc, they'd look even more impressive.

The league stinks now so we really can't get an accurate gauge of how great LeBron actually is at this point.

this is definitely amazing, but he shouldn't even be mentioned with MJ imo.

like you said, MJ did it multiple times. and he wasn't going to the line 15-20 times a game
sick.gif

like i said- the song "Amazing" was made for LeBron. he's a monster, he's a killer, he's a problem that will never ever be solved, andhis reign is as far as your eyes can see.
pimp.gif

and in NT's case... he's the reason everybody fired up this evening.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

like you said, MJ did it multiple times. and he wasn't going to the line 15-20 times a game
sick.gif
lebron is not EVEN CLOSE to MJ, and i made that clear in my original post.

but to your point, lebron is averaging 14 ft attempts in this playoffs, and 11 for his career.

michael jordan averaged 10 ft attempts for his playoff career.
iverson, wade, and even tracy mcgrady average 9 ft attempts for his playoff career
so it's not as lopsided as you think

but again, he penetrates the paint relentlessly. jordan was more of a midrange player

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

like i said- the song "Amazing" was made for LeBron. he's a monster, he's a killer, he's a problem that will never ever be solved, and his reign is as far as your eyes can see.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

If they called fouls for MJ like they do for today's stars (where allyou have to do is drive into the lane for a bailout), he'd have averaged 40 agame.

like i said- the song "Amazing" was made for LeBron. he's a monster, he's a killer, he's a problem that will never ever be solved, and his reign is as far as your eyes can see.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
n!66a you gay

GaysForDays.....

The most physically imposing athlete in sports. He's having a remarkable run

But I think it will be devalued if he bows out in this round

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

sick.gif

Nah seriously though...this guy's performance has been downright dominant.

I think we take it for granted right now, but 15-20 years from now we'll learn to appreciate it more.

Originally Posted by dland24

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

For me, as dominant as dude has been, it's mind boggling to me how his teammates are basically leaving him hanging. Dude does all this and they barely win.Or lose.

true great ones average more in the playoffs compared to regular season.

lebron is doing it right.

Originally Posted by 731balla

Originally Posted by dland24

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 531

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
n!66a you gay

GaysForDays.....

See you in a month champ. If ever again.

once he learns to be a wizard of the game...a la MJ and Kobe...he will be on a mind boggling tier of his own...but as long as he imposes his will physicallylike he does it probably will never happen and thus he will never truly be as good as the aforementioned in particular MJ. but he will likely go down as a top5 player to ever play the game imo

Back
Top Bottom