Let's revisit a classic: Vol. Isaiah Thomas on KG in '95

roll.gif
roll.gif
thank God he didn't fall into Zeke's hands

laugh.gif
so he was gonna pay KG 1st round $ to only play Home Games.
and he had the owners approval for that ?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

ok? this was 1995...it was unheard of for a high schooler to declare for the draft this time
after '95, Kobe Bryant followed and increased the trend of high schoolers declaring for the draft

of course it was risky back then, it was rare

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

was he not a risk in 1995?
Yea he was. People with sense know he was a risk in 1995. But you know these NT knew that he would be great (even though some of them weren'teven walking in 1995)
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

laugh.gif
so he was gonna pay KG 1st round $ to only play Home Games.
and he had the owners approval for that ?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Zeke is from the Crib he was born with a marvelous mouth piece (no mo) he can sell water to a wale/well. Look at the %#%% he was able to get the frontoffice to ok while in NY. True Story.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

was he not a risk in 1995?
Yea he was. People with sense know he was a risk in 1995. But you know these NT knew that he would be great (even though some of them weren't even walking in 1995)
eyes.gif

Nah I was strong in my thoughts that he was a risk. What makes this funny is the other stuff he said. But Isiah does have that Chi town mouth,

Its easy to joke now 13 years later, but this guy knows talent when he sees it he drafts well above average.

High school players at that time were a HUGE risk.

LOL @ Shawn Respert talking about NBA busts...you don't say huh? If you would of told me 15 years agothat Eric Snow would have a longer more succesful career than Shawn Respert, I would of laughed at you. But fate and destiny had something else to say.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

LOL @ Shawn Respert talking about NBA busts...you don't say huh? If you would of told me 15 years ago that Eric Snow would have a longer more succesful career than Shawn Respert, I would of laughed at you. But fate and destiny had something else to say.

didn't he have cancer though?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Its easy to joke now 13 years later, but this guy knows talent when he sees it he drafts well above average.

High school players at that time were a HUGE risk.
truth.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

LOL @ Shawn Respert talking about NBA busts...you don't say huh? If you would of told me 15 years ago that Eric Snow would have a longer more succesful career than Shawn Respert, I would of laughed at you. But fate and destiny had something else to say.

didn't he have cancer though?
yep, stomach cancer.

clearly, you have no idea what you talking about...Respert had stomach cancer when he was drafted but didn't tell anybody about it, he actually playedthrough with his condition. He didn't admitted his stomach cancer until 2005 because 'he didn't want it to be an excuse'.

Respert gets my respect, all day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=1962444

I was
laugh.gif
at Thomas at first thinking he was joking, I was like shhhhithat was a good one.. then when he kept a straight face and mentioned forcing him to enroll in a university ...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by parasight21

clearly, you have no idea what you talking about...Respert had stomach cancer when he was drafted but didn't tell anybody about it, he actually played through with his condition. He didn't admitted his stomach cancer until 2005 because 'he didn't want it to be an excuse'.

Respert gets my respect, all day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=1962444
Read the underlined and red bolded phrase. I take back the LOL part though. But what I saidstill stands, NOBODY would of guessed that it would be Eric Snow that would have the longer career in the league. Hold up, I wonder how many of y'allactually saw MSU play when Respert and Snow was there. If you would have, then you would know exactly what I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom