Let's take a trip down memory, lane at the cemetary...

song is def
pimp.gif

blueprint2 got alot of hate that i didnt understand...whole cd went hard to me...

#regularshrug

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

He put his faith in a, 38 in his waist
But when you live by the gun you die by the same fate
End up, Dead Before 38 and uhhh
Thats The Life Of Us Raised By A Winter
ITS A COLD WORLD!!!

Guru is right, somehow numbers always workout for Jay. 
Took me 26 years to find my path
My only job is cuttin’ the time in half
So at 13 we’ll have our first drink together
Black bar mitzvahs, mazel tov, mogul talk

It really is Bruh. As much as I love him as an artist, there are moments where I'm completely disgusted by him as an artist.

He honestly has more talent as an artist than any rapper but he refuses to tap into all of it. Very Very Frustrating.

But this is one of those rare moments in which everything came together for him IMO.

The Wittyness, The Lyrical Sharpness, The Flow, The Presentation, The Depth... It really was PERFECT.
He show on it excellence to murder as well. I just an album where He just goes all in and forgets about his staute, sales, status everything Just a raw emotion album. I thought the black album was going to be that, but we see how that turned out.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

It really is Bruh. As much as I love him as an artist, there are moments where I'm completely disgusted by him as an artist.

He honestly has more talent as an artist than any rapper but he refuses to tap into all of it. Very Very Frustrating.

But this is one of those rare moments in which everything came together for him IMO.

The Wittyness, The Lyrical Sharpness, The Flow, The Presentation, The Depth... It really was PERFECT.
He show on it excellence to murder as well. I just an album where He just goes all in and forgets about his staute, sales, status everything Just a raw emotion album. I thought the black album was going to be that, but we see how that turned out.

clapSHOTTAS.gif

Whats ill is he's at a point in his career where he sells just off his name anyway.

He could make an entire album full of Murder to Excellence, Meet The Parents, Allure, Where I'm From, Lucky Me, & You Must Love Me's and not only would it be crazy but it would still sell.

Do you think the black album turned out to be bad??

I loved this song, I still listen to it, the other day it played in my car, and i almost broke down. I was just informed almost 2 months ago that I have a son, and i cant even see the kid nor get a hold of the baby momma, and after this song the ipod had the never to play the Game's song with Busta, #sad times. I felt extra sad and like a dead beat.

He show on it excellence to murder as well. I just an album where He just goes all in and forgets about his staute, sales, status everything Just a raw emotion album.

Guess what? Happiness and success are an essential part of the experience as well. I wanna hear those too. I don't just want to hear about Jay the crack dealer, I also want to hear about Jay the success story. The dude who feels he's on top of the world and can do anything especially given where he came from.

Like RavageBX posted in the WTT thread, some of y'all only want Jay to scream about his setbacks but whisper about his success. I don't wanna just hear about how these cats didn't have it, give me balance on a record instead.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

He show on it excellence to murder as well. I just an album where He just goes all in and forgets about his staute, sales, status everything Just a raw emotion album.

Guess what? Happiness and success are an essential part of the experience as well. I wanna hear those too. I don't just want to hear about Jay the crack dealer, I also want to hear about Jay the success story. The dude who feels he's on top of the world and can do anything especially given where he came from.

Like RavageBX posted in the WTT thread, some of y'all only want Jay to scream about his setbacks but whisper about his success. I don't wanna just hear about how these cats didn't have it, give me balance on a record instead.

What Are You Talking About?!?!?!  What does a song like Meet The Parents, Allure, Where I'm From or Murder to Excellence have to do with Jay's setbacks or him as a Crack Dealer? 

You just wanted to get that off didn't you?

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

What Are You Talking About?!?!?!  What does a song like Meet The Parents, Allure, Where I'm From or Murder to Excellence have to do with Jay's setbacks or him as a Crack Dealer? 

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Plenty. They are reflections of his own experiences and upbringing. Jay's not just talking about a fatherless kid in Meet the Parents, he WAS one. He relates to alot of the things he talks about rather than simply talk about these things.

I want to hear this Jay, as WELL as rich/successful Jay. It puts alot of what he says into context - why release a record where he tells you about just one end of the spectrum?

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Plenty. They are reflections of his own experiences and upbringing. Jay's not just talking about a fatherless kid in Meet the Parents, he WAS one. He relates to alot of the things he talks about rather than simply talk about these things.

I want to hear this Jay, as WELL as rich/successful Jay. It puts alot of what he says into context - why release a record where he tells you about just one end of the spectrum?

Your Bugging. Compare his "setbacks" to his "success" and the the success heavily outweight the "setbacks". We have enough Jayz success to last a life time.

to Duece, No Black Album wasn't bad but in his intial talk about with it Angie Martinez, He said No promotion, no radio songs nothing just an album, Hence the name black album however he did a complete 180 heavy promotion, cross promotion and 2 of his biggest radio hits (99 problems , Dirt off ya shoulder) I would've love an album of 13 lucifers/allures/december 4th

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

He can't explain what he saw before his picture went blank
The old man didn't think he just followed his instinct
Too vivid
30t6p3b.gif

Classic song.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Your Bugging. Compare his "setbacks" to his "success" and the the success heavily outweight the "setbacks". We have enough Jayz success to last a life time.

to Duece, No Black Album wasn't bad but in his intial talk about with it Angie Martinez, He said No promotion, no radio songs nothing just an album, Hence the name black album however he did a complete 180 heavy promotion, cross promotion and 2 of his biggest radio hits (99 problems , Dirt off ya shoulder) I would've love an album of 13 lucifers/allures/december 4th

And you are an example of exactly what Ravage talked about. I ain't into hearing only one side of Jay. That's not who he is either.

Also, are you actually listening to the music? On WTT/KC he showed you both the ups and downs of being successful. On AG he gave you a whole concept album of the rise/fall of a drug dealer. BP3 had several songs with introspection. Jay doesn't rap about one thing and raps what he knows.

And you are an example of exactly what Ravage talked about. I ain't into hearing only one side of Jay. That's not who he is either.

Also, are you actually listening to the music? On WTT/KC he showed you both the ups and downs of being successful. On AG he gave you a whole concept album of the rise/fall of a drug dealer. BP3 had several songs with introspection. Jay doesn't rap about one thing and raps what he knows.

roll.gif
 Dude you're jumping off the cliff. I love WTT I'm one of the rare few who actually enjoyed the entire album. All I was saw was more real subject matter/emotion and less 50 maybach, yachts etc
Dude is about to become a father, Married, one of the strongest african american entertainers, mogul etc plenty of material can come from that right there. I'm a huge jay fan but not afraid to call out one of my favorite artist for something he should've been doing a long time ago.

You're bugging... 90% of the time Shawn spits he's talking about how much chop he has and how successful he is so what are you talking about you want to hear both sides of the coin... that's the issue he rarely ever gives you the other side.  Don't get me wrong I understand RD he was making the LP that took him his entire life to make, and Vol 1 he was still somewhat attached to the hood so they were littered with personal introspective stories that majority of his listeners can relate to he rarely ever does that because he's not there anymore.  Its almost like he's severed his ties, like he can't look through the lens of someone who's in that environment anymore.

As far as Jay talking about a fatherless child having to do with him being a crack dealer that's bull @%!$.  I know plenty of kids who had both parents and still went that route because they either wanted the lifestyle or didn't have a pot to piss in regardless of the parental unit.

The song is more a testament to the environment and how us as black males do a great disservice by not being there for our kids.  The be a father you're killing your sons was more a testament to dead beats losing their kids, not guiding them properly/giving them that foundation/proper path.  You're perpetuating the cycle.  You know how many fatherless children there are in the world?  You know how many dude out there squirting off not giving a flying %$@+ about their seeds?  You know how many people listen to this man? Songs like this are needed waaaaaaaaaaaay more than "That's My @%$**" or "H.A.M" or "_'s In Paris"or "ESOM" or  "D.O.A" or "Run This Town"

For every introspective song he has I can name 6-7 that aren't and that's a #%@@%# up ratio for someone of his stature, intelligence and ability. You can say otherwise all you want but its the truth. 

%$@+ I Wanted To Keep This Strictly About This Song But %$@+ It Now... _'s Done Sullied Up My Thread
laugh.gif

mad.gif

ohwell.gif

I ain't even trying to get into this argument despite my name being mentioned. I just wanna appreciate the song
laugh.gif

Back on topic then. This isht plays out like a movie in my head. Possibly Hov's most vivid song of all time. You can really picture everything he's saying. Hell it would make a good premise for a movie.

So what if he puts maybachs and yachts in his music? That's part of his life like everything else. Is he banned from talking about them? Y'all mad he owns them?
laugh.gif
Ain't even like that's what he exclusively raps about if you actually listen to the music.

You're bugging... 90% of the time Shawn spits he's talking about how much chop he has and how successful he is so what are you talking about you want to hear both sides of the coin... that's the issue he rarely ever gives you the other side.  Don't get me wrong I understand RD he was making the LP that took him his entire life to make, and Vol 1 he was still somewhat attached to the hood so they were littered with personal introspective stories that majority of his listeners can relate to he rarely ever does that because he's not there anymore.  Its almost like he's severed his ties, like he can't look through the lens of someone who's in that environment anymore.

As far as Jay talking about a fatherless child having to do with him being a crack dealer that's bull @%!$.  I know plenty of kids who had both parents and still went that route because they either wanted the lifestyle or didn't have a pot to piss in regardless of the parental unit.

The song is more a testament to the environment and how us as black males do a great disservice by not being there for our kids.  The be a father you're killing your sons was more a testament to dead beats losing their kids, not guiding them properly/giving them that foundation/proper path.  You're perpetuating the cycle.  You know how many fatherless children there are in the world?  You know how many dude out there squirting off not giving a flying %$@+ about their seeds?  You know how many people listen to this man? Songs like this are needed waaaaaaaaaaaay more than "That's My @%$**" or "H.A.M" or "_'s In Paris"or "ESOM" or  "D.O.A" or "Run This Town"

For every introspective song he has I can name 6-7 that aren't and that's a #%@@%# up ratio for someone of his stature, intelligence and ability. You can say otherwise all you want but its the truth. 

%$@+ I Wanted To Keep This Strictly About This Song But %$@+ It Now... _'s Done Sullied Up My Thread
laugh.gif

mad.gif

ohwell.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself.

So what if he puts maybachs and yachts in his music? That's part of his life like everything else. Is he banned from talking about them? Y'all mad he owns them?
laugh.gif
Ain't even like that's what he exclusively raps about if you actually listen to the music.
He's not banned but give us less of maybach and yachts and more introspective. More depth. More Substance.

laugh.gif

mad.gif

ohwell.gif

You're the one who first mentioned it from page one, so you're getting the counterargument. That's all.

You're right that Jay talking about all of that in Meet the Parents is important. Or his other songs about poverty and broken homes. But you're wrong about everything else, that's not the only things that make up the the man. He's seen the highs too, and he's got a right to express and give dudes something to aspire for. You just want to hear about how people suffer and "don't have it", don't you? You sound like a nihilist b. Like you ain't dreamed about a damn thing or simply enjoyed things in life, that's a bull #%$ mentality to have
laugh.gif
And that mentality holds some of our people back.

But it ain't even like I wanna divert your thread here so I'll just leave it at that. Just giving you another perspective is all. You got your opinion and I respect it even if I ain't agree with it, ain't looking to get hostile and that other bull $$!.

Yeah I hear ya, it would have been nice had he stuck to the original plan, meaning you just walk into a record store one day and the Black Album just be there, like a surprise.  I guess at the end of the day for whatever reasons (ie. business, personal) Jay decided to do otherwise.  On that same note, he's great at making introspective songs like the lucifers/allures/december 4th and such but he also is great at making songs like 99 problems , Dirt off ya shoulder and such.  He recognizes this so why not deliver to these his fans and many of them like this side of Jay as well.

You know how many people listen to this man? Songs like this are needed waaaaaaaaaaaay more than "That's My @%$**" or "H.A.M" or "_'s In Paris"or "ESOM" or  "D.O.A" or "Run This Town"

I would say something to SOMEWHAT counter this point in regards to certain songs being needed but I will  just let this thread be about "Meet the Parent", for now.

Back
Top Bottom