Let's Talk About Death: Burial Style Of Choice

You talking like you don't know the body eventually decays and decomposes and becomes apart of the Earth.

As far as giving back, you should just become an organ donor and donate the rest of your body to science. Talking about being a meal for fish :smh: :lol:

You talking like you don't know the body eventually decays and decomposes and becomes apart of the Earth.

As far as giving back, you should just become an organ donor and donate the rest of your body to science. Talking about being a meal for fish
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Your body decompasses and goes back into the earth while it is IN a casket?

I can give my organs, no issue, but what about my actual BODY. That still remains.

i remember going to the Vatican when i was like 12, and walked around a corner and completely did not expect to see a dead Pope on display...had me shook for most of my trip, especially learning that many of the old churches interred folks from the old days in the floor and walls...
laugh.gif
Yeah alot of churchs have crypts of previous priests...

No lie, I really want to see them.
nerd.gif
 I mean, do the people who work at the church ever go down there? What about when then next priest/pope passes?

As far as giving back, you should just become an organ donor and donate the rest of your body to science. Talking about being a meal for fish :smh: :lol:
Your body decompasses and goes back into the earth while it is IN a casket?

I can give my organs, no issue, but what about my actual BODY. That still remains.

Unless you're entombed in a golden sarcophagus, your wooden casket will degrade depending on how well it was made. It aint like after a century somebody is gonna dig up your grave and put your remains in a new casket to be preserved. Also just for many other ppl they're not getting the highest quality caskets. For many they're just coffins.

I said donate your organs and give the rest of your actual body to science. Your organs will go to ppl for transplants. Your body will go to research programs to be studied and used.

Last edited:
I'm an organ donor, and have indicated in my will that I'd like to donate my body to science in order to research a rare disease that I'm believed to be a carrier of.

I'd also like to have a tree planted in the park I grew up and played football at, assuming the remains of my body can be turned into a bio urn after the research. If not, just plant the tree.

Yeah, I can't think of a much bigger waste of money than a fancy casket.

My relatives have always been cremated. That's most common around here I think. Works for me.

Scoop out my organs and burn the rest, then put the ashes in a magnolia tree

My relatives have always been cremated. That's most common around here I think. Works for me.
Can the family take it upon themselves to request that a dead family member is creamated? Like if I don't specify that I want to have a traditional burial or a cremation, can my son just say, "Cremate my daddy."

I'm gon be cryogenically frozen. My chamber gon be set to 72 degrees, with lazers and US military guarding it to make sure no one changes the temperature to 73 degrees.

Last edited:
i remember going to the Vatican when i was like 12, and walked around a corner and completely did not expect to see a dead Pope on display...had me shook for most of my trip, especially learning that many of the old churches interred folks from the old days in the floor and walls...:lol:

Still has me shook after 4 years. I remember the dude vividly.
I was against cremation a few years ago, but honestly I think it makes the most sense.

Can the family take it upon themselves to request that a dead family member is creamated? Like if I don't specify that I want to have a traditional burial or a cremation, can my son just say, "Cremate my daddy."
If your wife or husband is dead at the time yes.

That's how it usually is.
I'm an organ donor, and have indicated in my will that I'd like to donate my body to science in order to research a rare disease that I'm believed to be a carrier of.

I'd also like to have a tree planted in the park I grew up and played football at, assuming the remains of my body can be turned into a bio urn after the research. If not, just plant the tree.
This is what I'm basically talking about. Had a friend look in to donating his body to science and you just gotta fill out a form to be an organ donor and just carry the card on you.

I'm an organ donor too so if I go early or whenever hopefully some one else comes up on my organs.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

That's what I want to do too man. There is a company the cremates you then puts you in a concrete block and drops you in the ocean and you turn into a reef. :pimp: not saying I'm doing exactly that but I want to do something along those lines.

I agree with op all the way. Burial customs are done FOR THE LIVING. I'm peace out you can take my old vehicle and scrap it, recycle it, leave it in a ditch butt naked somewhere idgaf Ive returned to the essence.

However, I would like to be cremated mixed with soil and grown into some Mary j. That would be cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom