Let's Talk About Death: Burial Style Of Choice

burial has kinda sorta always been a thing...
SHE was privileged to have a tombstone, and her grave may have been adorned with flowers. But the many who, for millennia after her death, took shelter in El Mirón cave in northern Spain must have been unaware of the prestigious company they were keeping. Buried in a side chamber at the back of the cave is a very special Palaeolithic woman indeed.

Aged between 35 and 40 when she died, she was laid to rest alongside a large engraved stone, her body seemingly daubed in sparkling red pigment. Small, yellow flowers may even have adorned her grave 18,700 years ago – a time when cave burials, let alone one so elaborate, appear to have been very rare. It was a momentous honour, and no one knows why she was given it.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22530134-200-red-lady-cave-burial-reveals-stone-age-secrets/

**** a closed casket ***** put me with the trees
Let me rot, throw some seeds, water me and give me leaves

I'm an organ donor too so if I go early or whenever hopefully some one else comes up on my organs.

@DCAllAmerican

That's what I want to do too man. There is a company the cremates you then puts you in a concrete block and drops you in the ocean and you turn into a reef.
pimp.gif
not saying I'm doing exactly that but I want to do something along those lines.
Nah, I want to be dropped in the Ocean in FULL FORM, not in ash form. 

Spiritually and I think our sense of touch/felling is still intact.

Like there is a spiritual world after the physical world

I'm an organ donor, and have indicated in my will that I'd like to donate my body to science in order to research a rare disease that I'm believed to be a carrier of.

I'd also like to have a tree planted in the park I grew up and played football at, assuming the remains of my body can be turned into a bio urn after the research. If not, just plant the tree.

I initially wanted my organs donated and my body cremated, but I think I'll be looking into all of the things mentioned in this post, because I like how this sounds.

You talking like you don't know the body eventually decays and decomposes and becomes apart of the Earth.

As far as giving back, you should just become an organ donor and donate the rest of your body to science. Talking about being a meal for fish :smh: :lol:
Your body decompasses and goes back into the earth while it is IN a casket?

I can give my organs, no issue, but what about my actual BODY. That still remains.

Unless you're entombed in a golden sarcophagus, your wooden casket will degrade depending on how well it was made. It aint like after a century somebody is gonna dig up your grave and put your remains in a new casket to be preserved. Also just for many other ppl they're not getting the highest quality caskets. For many they're just coffins.

I said donate your organs and give the rest of your actual body to science. Your organs will go to ppl for transplants. Your body will go to research programs to be studied and used.

My grandpa was buried in a casket and then the casket was placed inside a concrete box. Idk how quick concrete decomposes.

but for real, I'd just like there to be a lot of people in attendance at the funeral that can really say "I'm gonna miss this guy" and mean it.

My only other request is that "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd plays at my funeral.

I'll be damned if my organs go to somebody else. They failed me, why should they help you? When I go out, I'm going out with everything intact. You know, scumbag style. Plus what if they invent something in which they could bring you back in the year 6340 and I give away my eye for "science", now I gotta come back as one-eyed willie. Nope. I want all my organs.

Spiritually and I think our sense of touch/felling is still intact.

Like there is a spiritual world after the physical world
:lol:

Not necessarily laughing at what you believe but I'm thinking if that's true some spirits be in for a treat/feeling violated when those necrophiliacs come through :smh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom