Let's talk about "Tablets" for a minute...

The iPad wasn't made to run OSX. If it was, it would run OSX

But ask yourself, if you you could run OSX on an iPad, what would you do that you don't already do on the iPad?

The iPad doesn't need OSX, it needs desktop-esque features like multiple folders/ browsers running side by side, file browser/ finder, and mouse support

It would be cool to have OSX on the iPad, but it's not needed. The iPad pro is "pro" because of it's hardware upgrades

Does a MacBook pro operate any differently than a MacBook?

They use the same operating system... Why logically, would an iPad pro be any different?

They need to push more resource dependant apps for the pro that won't be able to run on the mini or air. That would separate the pro from the air and mini

Its less about the operating system and more about how the apps and the hardware work together

MS Surface Pro 3 is the best whateverthehellitis ever made b. Had it and the pen. USed it for everything and it handled it all smooth. There
were no drawback at all, cept it aint fit n my pocket.

I have an Asus Chi. Basically a laptop with detachable screen (tablet). The best purchase ive made in 2015. I dont need a power house laptop but it runs photoshop CS6 which I need and runs full windows 10 with ease. Being able to suft the web touchscreen and a full keyboard is the best.

I have an Asus Chi. Basically a laptop with detachable screen (tablet). The best purchase ive made in 2015. I dont need a power house laptop but it runs photoshop CS6 which I need and runs full windows 10 with ease. Being able to suft the web touchscreen and a full keyboard is the best.

How much you spent on it?

No, the ipad pro is apples answer to the success of the microsofts surface pro line, specifically the pro 3.

Apple lost a lot of potential customers when they announced their "pro" would be crippled by ios.

Can't even run photoshop on that pos.

Im not caping for windows because windows 10 is not my cup of tea and I was actually looking forward to apples "pro" line, but then they said it was gonna run ios I lost all interest. I don't want to pay for a crippled os on whats supposed to run a full operating system. Windows set the benchmark on what these types of "tablets" should be running on, apple is just not meeting that at all...

How much you spent on it?

Not him, but if you really want and don't mind buying second hand, you can probably get a surface pro 3 with a i5 8gb of ram and 128gb/256gb ssd with the type cover and pen for 500 - 700 on cragislist. Hell, if you are patient you can come up on a surface with an i7 processor for around that price. A lot of people are offloading their surface pro 3's with good specs to get the pro 4.

I think microsoft offers discounts too, student an maybe some other ones if you can find some if you really want to buy new.

Last edited:
I got an issue with my surface pro 3. Wondering if any of you guys can help.

my Surface pro 3 is auto tapping itself, as if I am constantly tapping the screen with my finger, when im not. 

Its preventing me from opening any apps because it will just click itself out. I tried to restart and now i cant even get to the sign on screen, i tried a soft reboot. it wont allow me to do it because of the auto tapping

my Surface pro 3 is auto tapping itself, as if I am constantly tapping the screen with my finger, when im not. 
Its preventing me from opening any apps because it will just click itself out. I tried to restart and now i cant even get to the sign on screen, i tried a soft reboot. it wont allow me to do it because of the auto tapping
are you using the pen or just your finger?

Do you have the keyboard attached when this is happening? Make sure if the keyboard is attached that Tablet mode is turned off. Even with this off you can still slide and use your finger but it helps with this issue.

I'm guessing you will worst case need a new screen which will likely run you close to $300

Do you have the keyboard attached when this is happening? Make sure if the keyboard is attached that Tablet mode is turned off. Even with this off you can still slide and use your finger but it helps with this issue.
So i figure what was happening, The "phantom touching" was a hardware issue d/t to some kind of update. Called microsoft, and they are telling me i need to replace it for $450. Its F***ed up, my warranty only expired 3 months ago and they are making me pay to replace it d/t something they did. Don't think i can roll with microsoft laptops/tablets again

So i figure what was happening, The "phantom touching" was a hardware issue d/t to some kind of update. Called microsoft, and they are telling me i need to replace it for $450. Its F***ed up, my warranty only expired 3 months ago and they are making me pay to replace it d/t something they did. Don't think i can roll with microsoft laptops/tablets again

can't you just roll back windows 8.1?

do a system restore. If it's due to an update, restore it to an earlier version of windows m8.
http://www.lovemysurface.net/phantom-touches-on-surface/

Just linking this here, not sure if you have looked it up or tried any of the solutions in there.

Last edited:
I think there's a way to turn the digitizer off and basically turn into a touch less tablet

Back
Top Bottom