Lets talk Trey Songz for a sec..

haven't listen to any of his stuff since that Can't Help But Wait record. i think he took R. Kelly's style.

I was honestly surprised to find out that NONE of his albums have gone platinum.

Knowing that, can you really say he "fell off"? He never really fell on.

Trey had it man....like there was a point in time he was undeniably the biggest R&B star out. That time period of "Ready" & "PPP" plus Anticipation 1....smh he was the best at the time. But now its like enhhh....Chapter V had like 3-4 cuts but it doesnt do what his previous efforts did

Last edited:
He gonna let young August jack his fan base and lane

He got caught up in the "radio/club" records imo

I gotta go and jupiter love are probably my favorite songs from him tho :pimp:

Pretty boy with a generic voice, no artistic vision and no 'producer' in him, he reached his full potential.

He is to music what Tyler Perry is to movies, caters to the lowest common denominator of black women.
Said it better than I could. Let them rounds off in the process.

He's been mediocre from the beginning. If he's the closest thing to a "modern" R&B artist, the genre is in trouble.

I mean if you want something to turn **** out too then yeah he definitely serves his purpose.

In terms of quality though he's mainly misses more often than not.

He is the closest thing we have to a traditional R&B artist anymore and he's still putting out good music

no . Miguel is .

i agree with OP somewhat ; Trey has clearly fallen off . his music used to have an edge when his content was more in line with a "ladies man" . his last project was way too sappy and romantic IMO , and naturally the fans he gained through songs like "Invented Sex" and "Last Time" aren't feeling that

dude can definitely bounce back though

So we going to act like the Dream don't exist?

Pretty boy with a generic voice, no artistic vision and no 'producer' in him, he reached his full potential.

He is to music what Tyler Perry is to movies, caters to the lowest common denominator of black women.

Lol gotdamn

Gotta Make It was a great album but it was a commercial failure so he did what he had to do to make it

Said it better than I could. Let them rounds off in the process.

He's been mediocre from the beginning. If he's the closest thing to a "modern" R&B artist, the genre is in trouble.

The genre been in trouble though.

who are the new r&b artist out there besides the weeknd & miguel..btw I can't get into his music the only track ive really liked is sure thing

who are the new r&b artist out there besides the weeknd & miguel..btw I can't get into his music the only track ive really liked is sure thing

Check out BJ The Chicago Kid's Pineapple Now Laters. Dude can sing and if you like 70's style R&B you'll like it.

I always felt that trey benefitted greatly from the chris brown/rihanna situation. While cb had to fall back for a sec,trey burst on the scene with a banger album that had like 3 radio hits. He really dropped the ball on chapter five, he could've solidified himself as a serious artist if that joint would've been a banger, but it was a snoozefest. He really hasnt released a hot hot song since 2010. I never knew henever went platinum, dude is so cocky you'd think he went diampnd a couple times.

Last edited:
I was honestly surprised to find out that NONE of his albums have gone platinum.

Knowing that, can you really say he "fell off"? He never really fell on.

This is a good point.

Trey had it man....like there was a point in time he was undeniably the biggest R&B star out. That time period of "Ready" & "PPP" plus Anticipation 1....smh he was the best at the time. But now its like enhhh....Chapter V had like 3-4 cuts but it doesnt do what his previous efforts did
The freakin' truth right here.

He gonna let young August jack his fan base and lane

Yup, thinks that's why he's getting cool with and embracing him

Yup yup.

+

Trey has a really amazing voice. He can sing with that passion. R&B is dead though. Only people keeping it alive are August, Miguel n' Ocean.

Back
Top Bottom