Lets talk Trey Songz for a sec..

been listening to trey back when wale first came out.. when it was him, raheem devaughn (whom yall heavily sleep on), and wale all coming out of dmv with that heat... basically dude got his paper and now he just sounds lazy.. timeless talent though. people saying miguel and august... august sounds the same on every track and miguel wont have that longevity... weeknd is dope but cryptic. Chris Brown was suppose to take thrown from usher but he needs to focus.

If ever CB finally takes control of his demons, he'll always be king of R&B. He is already basically by default. I wish he'd go back to R&B tracks like Crawl though from time to time.

August voice is annoying. Like cringe worthy. He whines on everything.

1. Should of never switched management for one. I peeped as soon as he did he nose dived.

2. Its a young dude named August Alsina taking his spot little by little. Breathe of fresh air finally

3. Its another dude named Chris Brown who has all the potential in the world if he gets back on his ****

4. The music I have heard him putting out has been pure trash

5. He's not hungry anymore

Only reason Chris Brown rated over Trey Songz is he is the full package.. Dude dances, sings, "raps", etc. imo when i hear them do songs together trey rips it. Trey's range is ridiculous. Yambs will be distributed if given trey songs playlist. Tested and approved for over a decade personally. 

Miguel is the next king of R & B, it's already decided, white people and black people like him equally, plus he's half Mexican and that's gonna work to his benefit as an emerging market, Miguel can hit SOOO many demographics, Trey and Chris hit the same ol same ol.
I know he doesn't consider himself R & B but Abel/Weeknd has potential to blow, he's like the modern cult version of Prince.

Miguel and Weeknd could get on the cover on Rolling Stone, Trey never will, Chris never will.

Only reason Chris Brown rated over Trey Songz is he is the full package.. Dude dances, sings, "raps"
Let me stop you there....

Rihanna.

Rihanna.

If it wasn't for his highly publicized relationship with Rihanna then Chris would already be a has been.

Stahp it. Rihanna is the reason CB is still relevant? Lmao wut

If anybody is messing with CB crown its Bruno Mars. I like miguel but idk if he has the quality to reach the level CB or even Bruno has gotten so far.

Last edited:
You think Chris and Rihanna's Ike and Tina like relationship is helping Chris? :lol:

I don't like his music and I think he's a b**** but let's be real if that incident never happened Chris would be at the top R&B and it wouldn't be close. Dude was well on his way to Usher status before he blew it.

You think Chris and Rihanna's Ike and Tina like relationship is helping Chris? :lol:

I don't like his music and I think he's a b**** but let's be real if that incident never happened Chris would be at the top R&B and it wouldn't be close. Dude was well on his way to Usher status before he blew it.

Exactly. That **** set him back YEARS in terms of his rise to stardom and holy in the public eye and he's still doing better than I thought he would be after that incident.

Chris browns star power was out of this world. He doesn't have the greatest voice, it's actually average to me, but like someone else said, he had the full package along with the fact that he had that pure passion and energy. This bad boy image with the tats blonde hair and domestic violence is cancerous to his success.

When it comes to pure music tho, weekend is probably the most talented, but all of his music is so similar. I highly doubt Miguel bruno or frank will take over the game.

Trey has that hood appeal, but isn't as pop as CB or Miguel to appeal to the masses. He got a few crossover tracks, but he never sold out completely like others

Trey had it man....like there was a point in time he was undeniably the biggest R&B star out. That time period of "Ready" & "PPP" plus Anticipation 1....smh he was the best at the time. But now its like enhhh....Chapter V had like 3-4 cuts but it doesnt do what his previous efforts did
and what point of time was trey the biggest star in R&B? durning the years chris brown was in trouble which would be 09-10? even then he wasnt a big dog

to be the problem with trey is he still has never find his place of what he wants to do. he is all over the place with the top of RB music he makes. He came out as a classic soul RB singer and now he is a rapper/hip hop RB singer.

his mixtapes have also hit way better then his albums do IMO

Soooooo trey new album is called TR**** with a release date of June 30th
Edit: :lol: that its edited
U know how trey calls himself trigger but without the er but with a "a" at the end yeah that's the name of the album

Last edited:
Both Trey and Chris have made mediocre music for the majority of their careers.

Epitome of cookie cutter bs masquerading as R&B music for the most part.

Hell, Chris has made more Pop than R&B at this point.

Trey seemed to have just disappeared after being everywhere circa 2010.

They have their bright spots, but overall - their discographies are average as hell.

He needs to sing over popular beats like he did back in 09/08 more often again or something..

Dude got too caught up in rapping and trying to make all of his r & b tracks "bedroom bangers". Like it was previously stated, he caters to **** too much.

It was cool with Anticipation, but then he just kept coming with the exact same themes, then it got repetitive.

Last edited:
First album was cool but when his mentor died and he started rocking with sweet *** Kevin Lyles homes lost me as a listener.

Trey is a waste of talent. His albums are made for singles. He never has any cohesive or stories albums. I like a lot of his singles though but, I would never enjoy even 80% of his albums.

Soooo he just released a new song called smart phone
Has a "ready" vibe to me
After that wack *** "nana" I thought he was done
This shows he got some life left

I don't know why he doesn't just do him
Ain't like he goes platinum anyway
Don't understand why he tries to go pop and cater to that other crowd

Back
Top Bottom