Let's Visit the Progression of Jay-Z's Different Flows Across His Career. Which was the Best?

the one he took from young chris
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
the whisper/stutter flow?

You mean that Blueprint 1-2 flow? Yeahhhh. And I agree, he did yank YC's flow...just look at the difference from the Dynasty flow and Blueprint flow...quiet as kept of course.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

how u forget

Truth. I mistakenly thought D-Evils would cover the early quick flow, but you're right.  I was gonna either post the vid you did or "Pass the Rock."

I'm mad, I took the time to put like 11 videos in order and yuku just shuffled them up and about 4 other videos I put up didn't even load either, but I guess re-adding anymore might be od with how low the page loaded for me...
laugh.gif

BP2 Hovie's Home era is my favorite Jay-Z flow. When he freestyled on Angie Martinez when he got back from St. Tropez that time.

When he spit it sounded like a foreign language at times.

30t6p3b.gif
x
eek.gif

"You know the wrist frostbit minus two degrees
Bout as blue as the sea the way I maneuver the V
Hat cocked can't see his eyes, who could it be?
With that new blue Yankee on.. who but me?"

His ILLEST flow period in my opinion.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

BP2 Hovie's Home era is my favorite Jay-Z flow. When he freestyled on Angie Martinez when he got back from St. Tropez that time.

When he spit it sounded like a foreign language at times.

30t6p3b.gif
x
eek.gif
Daddy's home, and he brought the forty automatic chrome for all the chatty chatty ya'll been doin
pimp.gif

I think my favorite flow is his RD sarcastic hustler. Followed closely by his BP1 god MC flow (best exhibited on lyrical exercise). On BP1 you can just hear the confidence in his voice and know that ain't nobody fn with the boy. Spot you two rhymes, ya'll n's is amateurs!

Sidenote - Jay's double-time flow is real underrated. Is That Your Itch was a classic flow.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
the whisper/stutter flow?

You mean that Blueprint 1-2 flow? Yeahhhh. And I agree, he did yank YC's flow...just look at the difference from the Dynasty flow and Blueprint flow...quiet as kept of course.
Agreed.....Blueprint 1-2 flow >>>

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

from 01-03 the only person who had a better flow was em

Two completely styles of flow, and it's a matter of preference. Em spits and spits and spits, Jay is more laidback and methodical. In the BP era his flow was effortless.

Back
Top Bottom