Letting people borrow Money from you

I dunno why you gotta pull a guilt trip on a female like that though, over $5. LOL  Did you like hover around her and stare at her buying a 12 INCH Meat Lovers Sub and winked at her? and go "AHEM" ?
Leave that capt. save a *** stuff out. Doesn't matter who or what they are, there is principle involved.

This isn't exactly a situation where she "borrowed" $5. The reader wasn't working, so you did the respectable thing and bought it from your own money. It's only Tuesday. Don't worry about it and let her pick up lunch the next time.

If someone has a pattern of borrowing money, or they try to guilt trip me into lending them money, then that's a different situation. I used to have a teammate in high school that I would ALWAYS drive home. On the way home he would try to talk me into letting him off at the convenience store to buy something with my money. That got killed real quick.

So many hurt boys :lol: "you're just another trick get your money!" It's five dollars, people acting like she's living in taz's house. Nt has some people's view on girls skewed so far to the right.

Last edited:
At my job we have the opposite problem.

If I ask someone to do me a favor it's almost offensive to offer them money for it.

At my job we have the opposite problem.

If I ask someone to do me a favor it's almost offensive to offer them money for it.

That means you're over 25. :lol: I get my boy on a burrito or whatever he'll hit me with a few redbulls or whatever the next day in the morning. It's not about the money. It's just being a friend or good co worker.

Ya wylin on OP for no reason. I feel him 100% - I just finished up college and man these past four years I've lost count the amount of times I've held friends down for very minuscule amounts of cash for little stuff like cyphs, bar nights, food etc. The problem is i'm one of the very few people in my circle who is disciplined and responsible with my bread so I'm the one everyone turns to when they need some quick money talmbout I got you tomorrow, or "i'll quickpay you it tomorrow when i get paid" (jesus i've heard this phrase so much, it's the bane of my existence). Now i could be an ******* and curve everyone, but then i'm the ******* who is stingy with my money. Then I hate pressing people for little amounts like $5 - $20 cuz it looks like im broke when really it's not that serious, so sometimes i don't even bother. 

The thing that bothers me is that those small amounts add up - i don't get people either. Whenever i borrow money from someone i make it my priority to pay them back as soon as possible, personally it would be embarrassing not to. 

Ugh this past January i lent one of my main homies 3 G's, dude said i'll pay you back "next week". Till this day he still owes me a little over 1k. Now i'm glad he's at least paying it back, but homie said i got you "next week" in January.

i've definitely learned my lesson these past four years and now that i've graduated i'm not going out with people unless I know they on some type of salary or income, i'm not about this life anymore. It's a grey area, honestly - either do the right thing and become an ******* or do the nice thing and hold your homies down when they don't got it. 

Sorry for my little rant, the point is be careful of who you let your money out to fam - and if ya gotta be a jerk then you gotta do what you gotta do. Don't be a fool like me

Gotta remember what the big homie sonny said

"20 bucks, you got him outta yalife for 20 bucks."

"He'll never ask you for money again ,he'll never bother you again for 20 bucks, you got off cheap."

Ya wylin on OP for no reason. I feel him 100% - I just finished up college and man these past four years I've lost count the amount of times I've held friends down for very minuscule amounts of cash for little stuff like cyphs, bar nights, food etc. The problem is i'm one of the very few people in my circle who is disciplined and responsible with my bread so I'm the one everyone turns to when they need some quick money talmbout I got you tomorrow, or "i'll quickpay you it tomorrow when i get paid" (jesus i've heard this phrase so much, it's the bane of my existence). Now i could be an ******* and curve everyone, but then i'm the ******* who is stingy with my money. Then I hate pressing people for little amounts like $5 - $20 cuz it looks like im broke when really it's not that serious, so sometimes i don't even bother. 

The thing that bothers me is that those small amounts add up - i don't get people either. Whenever i borrow money from someone i make it my priority to pay them back as soon as possible, personally it would be embarrassing not to. 

Ugh this past January i lent one of my main homies 3 G's, dude said i'll pay you back "next week". Till this day he still owes me a little over 1k. Now i'm glad he's at least paying it back, but homie said i got you "next week" in January.

i've definitely learned my lesson these past four years and now that i've graduated i'm not going out with people unless I know they on some type of salary or income, i'm not about this life anymore. It's a grey area, honestly - either do the right thing and become an ******* or do the nice thing and hold your homies down when they don't got it. 

Sorry for my little rant, the point is be careful of who you let your money out to fam - and if ya gotta be a jerk then you gotta do what you gotta do. Don't be a fool like me
See you're a nice guy, but people look at guys like you as suckers and take advantage. Nip it in the bud. If you loan someone anything and they agree to return it, make them hold up their end. It's only right. Once you start asking for your money back, they start acting like they're doing you a favor if they give you any of it back. That's BS. Get your money back and don't ever loan the sorry *** another cent.

Principle is principle, but its 5 bucks don't stress it. What you need to worry about is finding a new job if you're hurting over $5.

Leave that capt. save a *** stuff out. Doesn't matter who or what they are, there is principle involved.
Yeah, the principle was wrong, whether on purpose or by negligence, is just a lesson for OP.  Like I said, if you get your $5 back, you probably solidified a relationship for the better.  If you didn't, then you know not to do it again.  It's even easier for OP to say NO the next time around, based on this situation.

When people start counting fingers for favors is when things start heading south.  Just be a bigger person and help someone out w/o return.  You'll feel much happier and the other party will be extremely grateful.  Don't get a cheapskake.

ended up copping a sub and spliiting it with her... she had 10 on her and owed me 5 so she paid for the sub... it was definitely good... i wish i could smash the chick but shes preggo and is married :smh: them Honduras chicks bad too :pimp:
what's a sub? Do you mean a hoagie? :lol:

Probably wouldn't have even said "you owe me 5." Would have just did it as a favor since the card machine was broken, not like she even asked to borrow money. Most decent human beings would offer to pay it back themselves and even if they don't, that way I'm not sweating anything.

Last edited:
U guys man so over sensitive for no reason. Never once did I say it was about the money. I actually have a lot saved up but that's not my point. I was just saying it's more about the principal. If I tell you I will pay you back for whatever amount on that day best believe I will honor that because I told you that already. I expect the same respect in return but y'all make it seem wrong for me to ask for that. I actually went out for drinks with my coworker and said I have to go to the ATM for money so she says order whatever you want and pay me whenever I said ok I will get you back Monday. I spent like 30 bucks on drinks and food I paid her that amount on Monday like I said I would. Is it too much to ask to expect the same in return

didnt read the OP but na i never let nobody borrow money only immediate family mom dad sister

even if its a lil

Last edited:
I generally don't expect repayment for small amounts of money that I lend people. If they don't come through when I need help, I know they aren't reliable. 

If it's $25 or less I don't bother.
My bro will ask me, & I'm essentially just handing it to him with ease.
If he's struggling with no money, & when he get's money he's struggling to pay me back I'm going to be in the same position.
Might as well let him keep it, debt free so he isn't consumed on paying me back every cent.
It's not like he asks me everyday or every week for that matter, but I'm sure I've given him more than $500 in my life time. Here and there of course, oh well. When I die money doesn't go with me. No need to sweat it, I'm happy with who I am & what I got.

Back
Top Bottom