Letting people borrow Money from you

So I’m sure everybody does this with their friends, family or even coworkers where you lend someone money and sometimes you even borrow money from them. My question is how much money have you borrowed or lent someone and when was it ok to say you know what it’s not that much money you don’t have to pay me back. So at work this girl gives me her card to buy her food at McDonald’s since I’m already going there for lunch and wants me to get her something so no big deal I get it. The card machine is messed up and they take cash only luckily I have enough cash to pay for mine and her order. Her order turned out to be 5 bucks so when I come back this past Friday I said the card machine is messed up and I had to pay cash you owe me 5! She said ok I will give it back to you on Monday. Well Monday passed and she was out but she is back today and I feel like asking her for the money. I wish I had the 5 in my hand but to be honest its more about the principal where I did you a favor you said you would pay me back so I expect it. I feel funny asking for my 5 back and just don’t want to make it seem like a big deal. I will wait it out. What would yall do

Last edited:
It's only $5, man. I wouldn't let it happen again, next time she just won't eat lunch.
I'm done lettin people borrow money, if you're in your late 20s still livin paycheck to paycheck something is wrong.
Me loaning you $100 won't fix the REAL problem...

It's only $5, man. I wouldn't let it happen again, next time she just won't eat lunch.
I'm done lettin people borrow money, if you're in your late 20s still livin paycheck to paycheck something is wrong.

Hey money is money, no matter the denomination, but I would just tell her next time lunch is on her. But I understand exactly where you're coming from. It's like that $5 puts you back to even.

let the money thing slide but if she eats your food out the work  fridge 
devil.gif

You buggin about 5 dollars?

Its Tuesday bro calm down you'll get your money.

If true, come on opie. It's 5 dollhairs. You'll live.

Yall kill me.

Never meet anyone who done got rich by giving away money.

And we don't know ops situation.

Op if you need it ask for it.

If its simply principle i'd let it ride a lil while longer.

It's just $5, but I'd hope that she'd be either willing to pay back or buy your lunch the next time around.

If it ain't my parents, my girl parents, my girl, my best friend or my cousin then the answer is no. I don't got it.

On another note I got a aunt and my girls sister, they are so disrespectful. So they both are married and they go behind their husband back and ask outsiders for money before they ask their husbands. So disrespectful. Not a good look for the husband.

Last edited:
You're sweating 5 dollars though... and you probably don't need it immediately. Just make lunch on her next time

i dont need the money i guess i was just worried about the principal more than anything so in my head i was making a big deal about it... but ya i was talking to my coworker right now and she remembers and she will give me the money when she gets change... even asked if i wanted lunch so its all good... i was going to wait it out and not say anything until she did and im glad she did :lol:

Its the principal I get it, but its a coworker. Its bound to come back to you one of these days, whether it be a meal ln her or whatever.

I done lent my mans and em hundreds up to maybe a thousand dollars and never asked for it back. That's light work. If I see my mans is in a situation and he needs some money, I'll break him off a lil something, as long as he returns the favor. I ain't gonna ask for my bread back, it's up to him to give it back to me. There's other ways you can be paid back aside from money. But it's a mutual agreement that we hold each other down whatver the circumstances are. I can lend him 2 grand today and not ask for it back, then next month i might need a favor done and he does it no questions asked.
I breaks bread, B

Last edited:
I see where you're coming from with the principle of the situation. Personally if it isnt my parents or a close friend (3) then I dont have it.

Last edited:
I done lent my mans and em hundreds up to maybe a thousand dollars and never asked for it back. That's light work. If I see my mans is in a situation and he needs some money, I'll break him off a lil something, as long as he returns the favor. I ain't gonna ask for my bread back, it's up to him to give it back to me. There's other ways you can be paid back aside from money. But it's a mutual agreement that we hold each other down whatver the circumstances are. I can lend him 2 grand today and not ask for it back, then next month i might need a favor done and he does it no questions asked.
I breaks bread, B
A man provides?

She seems comfortable giving you her card to buy her food for her, next time she does, pay for yours as well with her card.

I breaks bread, B

same applies for me when it comes to my friends, but then again I probably only have like 5 friends so its not like I am extending this courtesy to a buncha dudes.

It's only $5 bucks bro.

Let it slide this one time.Then in the future test the chick and see if she remembers to pay you back or buys your lunch the next time.

If she doesn't then don't pick up her lunch tabs in the future or just stay away from her during lunch hour. The chick if she's smart will get the message.

Oh and $5 at Mickey D's does not go far anymore and their food has always been :x.

The other week when my pops was here for a visit he asked me to get him a Big Mac combo meal and crap came out to over $8 with tax :smh: . Heck for that price I'm going to In N Out for a double double combo meal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom