Lexus is the best car brand, period.

Honestly OP is right.

Most reliable and holds it value better than any car brand.

Also great on gas... Cant beat that.

It drives incredible especially the new models of generations.

357726d1426722146-running-boards-2015-lexus-nx-200t-atomic-silver-002.jpg

My NX

Last edited:
357726d1426722146-running-boards-2015-lexus-nx-200t-atomic-silver-002.jpg

My NX

The NX are nice, I like it that they didn't stray away too much from the concept design. How are you liking it? Hows the Lexus' first attempt at the new I4 turbo engine? I hope they do add a V6 option for the NX in the future.

Sat in an NX and the materials and interior quality is nice.

Ive said it a couple times, but I hate how my boy's 14 C300 drives. Theres a throttle delay every time I hit the gas even relatively hard, it takes what feels like a whole second to get the car going. Instead I have to smoooothly apply constant pressure on the gas so it doesnt "jump" when I mash it a bit. Are all MB's like this? I'd honestly rather drive my Si.

It's the stupid Start/Stop function, turn it off or put the car in Sport mode and it drives much better. In manual mode is the best way to enjoy the car.

But yeah, Benz has that slow movement from a complete stop and it gets annoying and somewhat dangerous at times like when entering a major streets or turning on an intersection, that fraction of a delay (if miscalculated) could be trouble. That is why I drive with the start/stop function off all the time.

Its not the Eco mode im talking about, its that throttle delay when you mash the gas even a tiny bit hard.

It's almost always present but it is that eco mode that makes it worse. When eco mode or start-stop function is on, there is just that extra lag and yes it has to do with the ****** as well but that eco crap just kills it. Next time you drive your friends car, try and switch modes and you'll feel the difference.

In sport mode, it becomes less noticeable because the car jumps out faster off a stop. I manual (non-eco mode) it is even less noticeable because you kind of have control over how it behaves and you can keep it at a lower gear for a longer time. Sometimes in eco mode, it feels like it jumps to second gear instantaneously.

I always turn Eco off but I always feel that lag, its not terrible at all when the car gets going and has some nice pickup but it alwaaays jumps. Never tried it out in Sport mode though.

Last edited:
If the car isn't on sport or manual mode, it's on eco mode. Start/Stop Function is an additional mode, you can turn it off and still be in eco-mode. I think instead of eco it says comfort or "C" on the instrument cluster. Start/Stop Function shuts off the engine when in a full stop and that is pretty much the only thing it affects iirc, so turning that off just stops the engien from shutting down every time you stop.

Last edited:
Nope. Benz usually has 3 modes, C = Comfort, S = Sport and M = Manual.

The start/stop turns on automatically every time you start the car, if you turn it off, the car stays in Comfort mode which is the cars eco mode. I guess you can call the stop/start function an eco+?

But yeah, unless you are actually in S or M, the car is in Comfort/EcoMode and the car feels sluggish from a stop.

Correct me if im wrong but I remembered the "ECO" sign is green on the dashboard then switches off when you hit the Eco button.

Unless you mean thats something totally different, but thats what you mean thats stupid to have a green lit ECO button that lets the car stay in Eco even when you hit the button to turn if off.

Very happy with the car, response of the turbo is very prevalent and sharp. Ride quality is comfortable and the gas mileage is fantastic. Really have no complaints at all with the car except that the hazard lights from the back are a bit slim and it's hard for other drivers to see

It might be different in the C, I have the GLA and that is how it is on it. But C or comfort mode is still eco or gas saving mode, stop/start is just taking it to another level where it turns off the engine.

Again, only difference with Comfort with start/stop and Comfort without start/stop is that the engine turns off on a standstill while the other doesn't so the engine is still trying to save as much gas as possible and shifting up as soon as it can.

I think on the C it might show ECO = start/stop, on the GLA it's this circled A symbol (A = AutoStart/Stop).
View media item 1699707

Then there is also this C S M modes, it's always on C mode (even if you turn off the A) until you toggle it to S or M. Being in C is sluggish and it's most gas friendly without the start/stop.
View media item 1699708

Not exactly what they are known for, good enough from what I've heard.

My gs350 f-sport is really capable with the AWD system. Much better than my infiniti g37's AWD system.

RFX my boys whip doesnt have that A button. The ECO button is a button that literally says Eco and it is green on the dashboard if you dont turn it off by pressing the button.

In any case, we still both say its sluggish at first, really a turn off IMO.

What I dislike most though is that the window part where you can rest your arm is poorly desinged cause the lock/unlock toggle is right in the middle where you would rest your tricep. :lol:

Other than those 2 things, his car is smooth man. Nice pickup after that throttle issue, a little stiff on the ride but overall comfortable. I like how the steering wheel physically feels also.

Yah give it another try in sport mode because Comfort or whatever default mode the car is on will always be slow because they are trying maintain a high mpg.

It is one of those things that you do get used to, you're foot adapts to it and works with how much weight you put on the pedal and when to lift off, after a month you won't notice it unless you hop on a Lexus and it's smooth and quick response then immediately jump on the MB then you feel the difference. Same case with my Z4 from last year, it wasn't that quick off a full stop.

And I do know that door lock on the door, it was annoying and on my GLA it was plastic so I had to get some metal ones that sit flush to the door when locked, much better and looks a lot cheaper. Really don't know why Benz won't spend an extra dollar or two and replace those damn plastic door pins, their so cheap and ugly.
View media item 1699792
Had to replace mine with one of these.
View media item 1699793

Last edited:
Lexus is one of the few luxury brands I would buy. Others are straight up leases. My Bimmer was perfect until 75k miles. Would never buy again. Headache to sell too.

Lexus cars aren't the most fun to drive though. I was invited to a track event when the ISF debuted. It didn't drive as well as I thought it would.

Back
Top Bottom