Lexus is the best car brand, period.

Just wanted to share my new (to me) 2000 LS400. just picked it up as a 2nd car for the weekends , errands. Love it. Not perfect but rides amazing well for a 20 year old car.

IMG_9945.jpg

Excellent pick up. Second gen LS is my favorite of the line. Would love one of those as my second car and that's the best color of them.

Speaking of LSs, I saw on the internet that Lexus used to make LSs with all red interior straight from the factory which were pretty rare:
0F691288-5B65-4B55-B893-3149B9824930.jpeg

Some of the color schemes in the 90s were terrible. :lol:

So I’ve narrowed down my next purchase between an LC 500h vs the i8. I sat in an LC and it didn’t grab me as 6 figure Car on the outside but I loved the interior. (Based on the reviews I’m worried about the entertainment system) With that said, I am intrigued by Lexus reputation for reliability. Does that apply to their hybrids? I am a car novice and at this point so my decision Is based on aesthetics, reliability, and day to day use. I could care less for performance in terms of hp etc. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

So I’ve narrowed down my next purchase between an LC 500h vs the i8. I sat in an LC and it didn’t grab me as 6 figure Car on the outside but I loved the interior. (Based on the reviews I’m worried about the entertainment system) With that said, I am intrigued by Lexus reputation for reliability. Does that apply to their hybrids? I am a car novice and at this point so my decision Is based on aesthetics, reliability, and day to day use. I could care less for performance in terms of hp etc. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

That LC 500 interior infotainment/entertainment system is one of the worst ive experienced and its not even close. That reliability is top notch though

Why do you want to get the i8? because its a electric? Honestly id stay away from that too unless a steal popped up.

That LC 500 interior infotainment/entertainment system is one of the worst ive experienced and its not even close. That reliability is top notch though

Why do you want to get the i8? because its a electric? Honestly id stay away from that too unless a steal popped up.
Yea the info system has supposedly gotten better on the 2020 version with Apple play available but I refuse to buy a brand new car. So if I were to go the Lexus route I’d have to wait 2-3 years.

And I really like the look of the i8, and like you said, it’s electric. I used to own a 745 and always told myself I’d get another bummer when the time was right. If I go with the i8 though there’s a lot of custom work I’d have to get done to have it the way I want it. Factor that in with the the inevitable maintenance costs and I’m not sure that its worth it.

Just wanted to share my new (to me) 2000 LS400. just picked it up as a 2nd car for the weekends , errands. Love it. Not perfect but rides amazing well for a 20 year old car.

IMG_9945.jpg
These things are tanks forsure. Alot of kids around this way weld the diff and abuse the crap out of them :lol:. They look wett with some wheels

Yea the info system has supposedly gotten better on the 2020 version with Apple play available but I refuse to buy a brand new car. So if I were to go the Lexus route I’d have to wait 2-3 years.

And I really like the look of the i8, and like you said, it’s electric. I used to own a 745 and always told myself I’d get another bummer when the time was right. If I go with the i8 though there’s a lot of custom work I’d have to get done to have it the way I want it. Factor that in with the the inevitable maintenance costs and I’m not sure that its worth it.

Oh you want a 2020. Yeah then those are money. Yeah if you want that then id wait a few years or if you dont mind leasing then hop in that.

The i8 look will always be :pimp: but if its not a lease or CPO WITH warranty I would stay away from those. I think they discontinued them now right? with the new i4 coming and other full electric im sure itll be back but much better.

I have a modifed LC 500. Ive driven the i8 many times stock and modifed. I like both. The i8 is not the GT that the LC is. Swap out the run flats on bbotj

I can’t get gas in either car without pictures or questions. People love the looks of both. The i8 with the doors is attention grabbing.

The LC 500 is the flagship for Lexus built in the same plant and the same workers as the LFA. As a matter of fact only 8 Takumi craftsman build a LC.

Its overbuilt. The car is exceptional. The infotainment is fine just takes a second to get used to it and with Apple car play it’s even easier.

As for the LC 500h, I was a guest of Lexus and drove it in Ibiza at an event they hosted. I love it, it has a trick transmission that makes it more involving. 30 MPG is amazing to have. A video Lexus made of me driving the Lc 500h below. If you go around my channel I have a ton of LC 500 content

IMG_9945.jpg
Nice I use to have a 97 ls 400 now I have a 93 sc 400. Looking to get another 2nd gen ls400 perfebly a 95-97 these cars are tanks and the styling is classic.

So I’ve narrowed down my next purchase between an LC 500h vs the i8. I sat in an LC and it didn’t grab me as 6 figure Car on the outside but I loved the interior. (Based on the reviews I’m worried about the entertainment system) With that said, I am intrigued by Lexus reputation for reliability. Does that apply to their hybrids? I am a car novice and at this point, so my decision Is based on aesthetics, reliability, and day to day use. I could care less for performance in terms of hp etc. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

I can speak on the reliability of the Lexus hybrid. I bought my one owner 2014 ES300h with 125k miles and had it fully inspected by a Lexus dealership. It was in perfect condition, other than tires and brakes. Last 2 years I've had a single issue, just oil change, tires, brakes and fluid replacement, routine maintenance. They mentioned they have never had to replace the battery, it's an exceptionally reliable battery. Smooth transition from battery to gas-power, 39 mpg in the summer. 35.5 in the winter. Planning on keeping it for life and passing to my son when's he's done with college.

I drove the LC during a Lexus invite event at CitiField. It blew me and my wife's mind, loved the design and one of the best interiors I've ever seen. Amazing quality.

Thought this was dope especially towards the end with the cruise ship in the shot

Thanks. Now that area is being developed so you can’t shoot there anymore. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity

Thanks to everyone for the responses, I think y’all just sold me on the LC. ALNotSure ALNotSure I subscribed to your page. Thanks for sharing.
You will love the LC. It’s phenomenal. Thanks for subscribing!

Been eyeing the ES350 F Sport with the red leather interior. Still debating on that or a Tesla Model 3. 2 totally different cars, I like the Tesla for its maintenance (or lack of), speed, quirks. But the minimalist interior for a car the same price of the Lexus kinda sways me away. Especially since I feel like I’m always driving all day everyday.

Back
Top Bottom