Lexus is the best car brand, period.

Didn't know costco sold cars. Do they honor their costco no receipt/no date/no questions asked return/exchange policy for cars as well? :nerd:

after doing more research on it, i'm not sure cost co is the best way to cop a car, especially if you got good negotiating skills and do a lot of research prior

Last edited:
I just copped a NX :pimp:
Just out of curiosity, why'd you pick the NX? We were looking to get an SUV and looked at the NX, RX, GX, and LX. The GX and LX are too big, so we eliminated those. The NX was really quite small for an SUV, like basically a sedan, so we're likely gonna go with the RX. The point of an SUV is for the bigger space, right?

I like the size of the car and didn't want a full size SUV.

I just copped a NX :pimp:

Welcome...how you liking yours? About to hit a year of ownership next month

i love the car :pimp:

after doing more research on it, i'm not sure cost co is the best way to cop a car, especially if you got good negotiating skills and do a lot of research prior
Our Lexus didn't even't give us an option to negotiate when my wife bought her IS. :lol: The dude said, "There's no going back and forth here because we don't do that. We'll give you $2000 off the sticker price and that's that."

Our Lexus didn't even't give us an option to negotiate when my wife bought her IS. :lol: The dude said, "There's no going back and forth here because we don't do that. We'll give you $2000 off the sticker price and that's that."

That is pure BS. I would have said, "aiite, see yah!" with quickness if they tried to pull something like that on me.

Last edited:
Also Costco doesn't sell cars, they're more like brokers.

Last edited:

That is pure BS. I would have said, "aiite, see yah!" with quickness if they tried to pull something like that on me.

Pretty much... We got our IS350 F-Sport for $34k and RC350 F-Sport for $48k.

Last edited:
Took my RC to the dealership yesterday for my free 10k full service maintance and to get my headlights adjusted due to both my headlights and led strip projecting towards the ground after I got my car lowered. The service department was great and really helpfully with answering my questions and concerns. The service manager also provided me with a loaner since there was a lot of other people getting maintance done to their car and the manager didn't want me to have to wait. He apologized several times about not having a loaner available with my car's performance and only had the choice of 2015 ES or RX available. I was cool with either as I would get my car back the next day so I just choose the ES and expected the worst.

To my suprise, the performance seemed very close to my RC. I've could of been tricked by the quietness and composure of the car at high speeds. I mean, I was doing 80mph and didn't even notice until I looked at the speedometer. I honestly thought I was going like 55-60mph lol. With the exhaust on my RC, I feel like I'm racing once I hit 2.5rpm+ so I typically stay under 75mph or under unless I want attention :evil:

Now I'm a little disappointed with my RC. I never thought or considered it to be fast but you would think Lexus would make it noticeably different in pickup speed considering the 10k+ price difference between similarly equipped models, and since the RC and RC-F are the only coupes in their car lineup :smh:

Still debating if I should spend money on mods or just keep it for a few years and stack up to buy a RC-F, GS-F, or lease a Mercedes SL, bmw M4, or something in those categories.

I'll probably just save up, don't think I could make a significant increase in power without heavy modifications

Oh and my dealership just got the new GS-F in. The service manager showed me a dark silver/gray one with orange brake calipers and the carbon fiber parkage. Looked pretty cool

Took my RC to the dealership yesterday for my free 10k full service maintance and to get my headlights adjusted due to both my headlights and led strip projecting towards the ground after I got my car lowered. The service department was great and really helpfully with answering my questions and concerns. The service manager also provided me with a loaner since there was a lot of other people getting maintance done to their car and the manager didn't want me to have to wait. He apologized several times about not having a loaner available with my car's performance and only had the choice of 2015 ES or RX available. I was cool with either as I would get my car back the next day so I just choose the ES and expected the worst.

To my suprise, the performance seemed very close to my RC. I've could of been tricked by the quietness and composure of the car at high speeds. I mean, I was doing 80mph and didn't even notice until I looked at the speedometer. I honestly thought I was going like 55-60mph lol. With the exhaust on my RC, I feel like I'm racing once I hit 2.5rpm+ so I typically stay under 75mph or under unless I want attention :evil:

Now I'm a little disappointed with my RC. I never thought or considered it to be fast but you would think Lexus would make it noticeably different in pickup speed considering the 10k+ price difference between similarly equipped models, and since the RC and RC-F are the only coupes in their car lineup :smh:

Still debating if I should spend money on mods or just keep it for a few years and stack up to buy a RC-F, GS-F, or lease a Mercedes SL, bmw M4, or something in those categories.

I'll probably just save up, don't think I could make a significant increase in power without heavy modifications

Which RC do you have?

Really liking the RC350 F-Sport but not sure if I want a coupe...It's either that or next year's S4.

Which RC do you have?

Really liking the RC350 F-Sport but not sure if I want a coupe...It's either that or next year's S4.

I have the RC350 F-Sport. It's a great car but if you want the best performer and you have multiple people in your car a lot the S4 would be your best option of the 2. Really only kids would feel comfortable riding in the back.

I need to take some pictures with my d750 when I have the time, but here's photos I currently have on my phone....please ignore my garage floors, I have to stop using armor all :smh:

View media item 1842099View media item 1842100View media item 1842101View media item 1842102

my mom has a 2013, plenty room for my big momma

youd be good

You talking RC or GS? I know the GS would be fine. If I get another car I dont plan on buying another one for 20 yrs lol so I`d want something where people can sit in the back seat. I`m gonna whip my camry till the wheels fall off for the most part though

You talking RC or GS? I know the GS would be fine. If I get another car I dont plan on buying another one for 20 yrs lol so I`d want something where people can sit in the back seat. I`m gonna whip my camry till the wheels fall off for the most part though

my mom is a 58 year old black woman

GS lol

Being that I'm a sales consultant at a high line dealership here in Atlanta, and have driven and sold a broad spectrum of brands (porsche, audi, bmw, mercedes, lexus, acura)....I can say I grew a strong dislike for Bimmers. Don't get me wrong amazing driving cars...when working though. Love their styling/performance. I would only purchase/ lease a BMW new and once it gets close to the end of its factory warranty I always recommend to get rid of them then.

Just my 2 cents...was actually close to purchasing a e92 m3 but once my buddies who own them, said if they could do it all over again they would've never bought a Bimmer due to all kinds of issues...totally deterred me.

Ended up with the a 3rd gen Lexus IS 350 with red guts. I love my new daily.
View media item 1842160View media item 1842161

wow thanks paul for that im gonna put that in the car thread

good too know, also how do you feel about Audi?

Forgot to mention if you absolutely want a BMW in the USED market, don't EVER go cheap and pass on a extended warranty. If possible get a CPO'd car... Get the best packages/options on extended warranties (closest thing you can get to bumper to bumper) these new bimmers have way to many sensors for their own good. Also BMWs also use a good of amount of plastics in place of parts that should've been made of metals. Extended warranties really save you in the long run, however if your a wise man and want a piece of mind go JDM fam Lexus/ Acura. But if you a balla and money ain't an issue CASH OUT on da German automakers.

Audis are finicky as well my brethren. Newer ones are great, mid 2000s I'm not a fan of. From what I've heard from my buddies in service they were notorious for transmission issues...

Last edited:
thank you very much an i knew that about those audis currently they have gotten much better

where is your dealership you can PM it, i have a lot of family, including my father in ATL area an i will need a car in the near future.

edit: ill send you a message now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom