Life Kinda Sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine all the people who never have to answer to anyone for wealth accumulated through slavery, virtually most of New York's wealthy are descendants of the slave trade...they're rich and just chillin', while the rest of us are comfortable at best.

I wish my people could get paid for all the work they did during slavery. You will never see that be a topic in running for president.

Freemind, seems like the way you are feeling Is influenced by the environment you live in. I really don't like living in big cities. Come out to Colorado.

I prolly have the least money out of yall here, but I bet Im one of the happiest out the bunch. 8)
It could be better, but life is great.

Last edited:
I honestly don't want much ...a nice camping trip, hiking, kayaking, rock climbing, maybe two international trips a year. That's it...I'm content.

How old are you?

I find younger people go through this. I had this when I was 28-29. I like hated how my life was and didn't see it changing anytime soon. I will say these things change and priorities change. Don't think you life or even this feeling will last forever. You'll look back on day and kind of laugh at it really.

Freemind, seems like the way you are feeling Is influenced by the environment you live in. I really don't like living in big cities. Come out to Colorado.
I've been to Colorado a few times, I don't think it would be as fun living day to day as it is to visit. People are cool there though, a different kind of cool, like really accepting.

How old are you?

I find younger people go through this. I had this when I was 28-29. I like hated how my life was and didn't see it changing anytime soon. I will say these things change and priorities change. Don't think you life or even this feeling will last forever. You'll look back on day and kind of laugh at it really.
Give or take a year...this year started off great and then I got hit with some heavy challenges, however I didn't prevail. Despite that, it just seems like struggle after struggle and preoccupying obstacle.

My effort is limitless, however it seems futile lately.

**** is a marathon b. DOnt let the hunnit 'nos' deter you, you just looking for that one 'yes' that changes your life.
We overuse it on this site, but catching an L really only happens when you give up and quit/ or fail at something and die shortly after. Other than that, its just a set back or bump in the road to the larger goal. Things may not be ideal now, but you alive still so the possibility to have the ideal still exists. Just gotta be relentless in that pursuit, while trying to see the beauty in the journey at the same time.

Last edited:
OP I def understand what you're saying between my life right now and if you browse IG a fair amount lmao I understand. I'll save the essay for later but yea you gotta enjoy your life and not worry about others basically and push hard for whatever you want. Nobody owes us anything.

Last edited:
I agree. I have been at a low point and if I could do it all over again, I would have just started feeling better rather than just sitting and doing nothing. It's hard a first but finding routines are just very therapeutic. It keeps you mind off things and keeps you active.

If you live in a major city or are near it, there are a lot of free things to do that requires no money. Some of it is kooky but it at least takes you out of your element. I shoot photos and am on this thing called Meetup.com. There are so many damn interesting things going on in SF alone. You just pick your topic and see what's going down.

yeah man, I don't talk about it much on here but me and my girl broke up in August, thought she was the one

first couple weeks I sulked, drank every night, laid in bed and then one Sunday morning I was like "F all this, I won't let this be my downfall" and since it's been great, of course I have my moments but today would have been our anniversary and a couple months or so ago I would have been dreading this day but because I bettered my life and choose to learn from it, I am great.

Agree 100% on doing things outside your element, for instance I would skip a lot of little workshops and conferences I could attend at work because I felt it was just a nuisance but I started going to them because it's a good way to network and meet new people.

I will say a few things that really helped me which can help anyone in a rough patch...

-get rid of things that remind you of stuff you don't want to be reminded of (I had a massive eBay sale in the past couple months :lol: )

-writing in a journal because it helps to look back and see how far you have progressed

- join a gym but stick with it even when things get better.

Hopefully this can help some folks in here.

Last edited:
yeah man, I don't talk about it much on here but me and my girl broke up in August, thought she was the one

first couple weeks I sulked, drank every night, laid in bed and then one Sunday morning I was like "F all this, I won't let this be my downfall" and since it's been great, of course I have my moments but today would have been our anniversary and a month or so ago I would have been dreading this day but because I bettered my life and choose to learn from it, I am great.

Agree 100% on doing things outside your element, for instance I would skip a lot of little workshops and conferences I could attend at work because I felt it was just a nuisance but I started going to them because it's a good way to network and meet new people.

I will say a few things that really helped me which can help anyone in a rough patch...

-get rid of things that remind you of stuff you don't want to be reminded of (I had a massive eBay sale in the past couple months :lol: )

-writing in a journal because it helps to look back and see how far you have progressed

This is great, and good for you. HTG, Fong and Stillin all reps lol

My friend

Focus on what you can control

Free will my dude you can do whatever you want just be aware of the consequences good or bad

If something is wrong you have the choice to get up and do something about it or sit there and ***** moan about it

It's on you. Yes life sucks but make it work for you and make the best of it

Good luck .

This is great, and good for you. HTG, Fong and Stillin all reps lol

thanks man, how's the recovery going?

I think just seeing how other people get back up can be enough to inspire others, I read a lot of self help stuff which can be really motivating

no lie probably sold like $2,000 worth of stuff on eBay that reminded me of her :lol:

Keep your head up fam.

Met and settled down with the girl of my dreams not to long ago, fast forward her ex and I squashed the beef and exposed this broad. Not to the public, just showed her we both know wassup..

Life goes on.

Last edited:
Hey OP, I know how you feel and have been in your position as well. Sometimes we just have to break out of regular routine and just get away to refresh your mind.

Take a deep breath and continue to move forward. All this that you're experiencing now, will only strengthen and prepare you for the future.

first couple weeks I sulked, drank every night, laid in bed and then one Sunday morning I was like "F all this, I won't let this be my downfall" and since it's been great, of course I have my moments but today would have been our anniversary and a couple months or so ago I would have been dreading this day but because I bettered my life and choose to learn from it, I am great.

-get rid of things that remind you of stuff you don't want to be reminded of (I had a massive eBay sale in the past couple months
laugh.gif
)

I've been here before,  I've dug myself out of the depths and it took almost everything I had. It just feels like I'm going to have to cut out a lot of people and be colder than I am now...which is scary.

1. Stop comparing your life to others. Just live yours

2. Move! NY is not for you man. 
Yeah, New York has changed so much. It's like a play ground for the rich powered by the working class.

Money rarely means happiness. Yeah it would be nice to drive a Aventador one day, 488gtb the next, Rolls after that and so on so on. But even that would get boring when it becomes routine.
Yeah rich people live nice but few are happy. Always worrying how to make their fortunes even bigger, and having everything you want without having to work for it gets boring fast.

Last edited:
I thought making money would be the answer to everything, but I've realized that personally, it comes down to family / friends.

Life definitely gets lonelier, but when I'm on my deathbed, I won't be asking myself why I didn't work more / get paid more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom