Life Kinda Sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case? I hope he buys a corvette.
why? so he can drive his little red corvette around on a college campus and whistle at the 20 year old girls looking awkward while balding like Terry Bradshaw?

just about to finish my workday. job is ok. salary is ok. about to head home to my wife and kid. we'll probably go to the park and mess around, head home for some dinner, maybe ice cream for dessert. then it's time to bathe my son and get him into his PJs. maybe my wife and i will play legos with him for a bit. after that, i'll get in bed with my boy and we'll watch some videos of when he was a "baby" (he's almost 3 now). put on some youtube lullaby music for my boy while my wife does accounting homework. he'll fall asleep and probably me too. after she finishes her homework, my wife gets in bed with us. i can't afford to buy new clothes and shoes every week. don't have much free time to myself. can't go fishing as much as i used to. but i'm happier, more fulfilled, more content than i've ever been by far. nah, life is pretty great.

If that's the case? I hope he buys a corvette.

why? so he can drive his little red corvette around on a college campus and whistle at the 20 year old girls looking awkward while balding like Terry Bradshaw?
Nah I'd accept myself balding the shave the rest of it off , go get in shape . Take the corvette to the canyons with my buddy's get a hobby s,start up a side business to work at home then pull up to the college campus lot in shape with confidence and holla at the shorties :pimp:

That's just me though :lol:

Life sucks
Sucks even more when you have anxiety
and then all your favorite team loses
and then USPS loses a $400 package
and mom hospitalized
and being broke worthless and helpless

I know how you feel
living in NYC kinda sucks
feeling trap

but heres a secret if it helps make you feel better
a lot of people here are full of **** and will make **** up to make themselves look better
they are not what they say they are or appear to be
they are just as broke as the guy standing next to you
they suck up, lie and bs their way to the top but some people are not like that
the honest people want to feel proven and worthy while the !@#$ suckers dont give a damn

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of the posts above, and like many have been there. But I'm also a firm believer that at some point in the 20s you need to be selfish and focus on what you want and be good with being alone (if you don't have a girl) for a bit. I also believe the energy you put out comes right back, so think of the things that bug you on a daily that are in your sphere of control and try to change them and make them into a positive. It may be as simple as the way you ask a question super basic ex. (rather than "can I help you with that" and getting a no vs "let me help you with that" and sparking a conversation while helping someone). It's easy to gloat over the "rich" but we don't know the inner workings and the negatives to their lifestyle. If you want to travel set up a financial plan and a spending tracker, set a goal and hustle until you get there. Most young people don't realize that the money you spend on snacks, lunch, dinner, Starbucks etc amounts to roughly an extra 300 dollars a month. That's some extra cash to travel and do what you want. I've lost a job, been financially crushed, On an emotional roller coaster with a girl, non operating car, etc. but you know what man I took them as lessons set up a plan to get back on track and here I am still lovin life. Bumps will always come, it's how you deal with it that helps you grow especially as a man. I'm currently on day 9 in the hospital for some crazy pneumonia, this bill is gonna be atrocious even with insurance but screw it man gotta keep on livin.

And by no way am I saying don't dream big, dream big setup a plan and execute. Just get your head straight and as someone said focus on you first then the family.

I agree with a lot of the posts above, and like many have been there. But I'm also a firm believer that at some point in the 20s you need to be selfish and focus on what you want and be good with being alone (if you don't have a girl) for a bit. I also believe the energy you put out comes right back, so think of the things that bug you on a daily that are in your sphere of control and try to change them and make them into a positive. It may be as simple as the way you ask a question super basic ex. (rather than "can I help you with that" and getting a no vs "let me help you with that" and sparking a conversation while helping someone). It's easy to gloat over the "rich" but we don't know the inner workings and the negatives to their lifestyle. If you want to travel set up a financial plan and a spending tracker, set a goal and hustle until you get there. Most young people don't realize that the money you spend on snacks, lunch, dinner, Starbucks etc amounts to roughly an extra 300 dollars a month. That's some extra cash to travel and do what you want. I've lost a job, been financially crushed, On an emotional roller coaster with a girl, non operating car, etc. but you know what man I took them as lessons set up a plan to get back on track and here I am still lovin life. Bumps will always come, it's how you deal with it that helps you grow especially as a man. I'm currently on day 9 in the hospital for some crazy pneumonia, this bill is gonna be atrocious even with insurance but screw it man gotta keep on livin.

And by no way am I saying don't dream big, dream big setup a plan and execute. Just get your head straight and as someone said focus on you first then the family.
:pimp:

thanks man, how's the recovery going?

I think just seeing how other people get back up can be enough to inspire others, I read a lot of self help stuff which can be really motivating

no lie probably sold like $2,000 worth of stuff on eBay that reminded me of her :lol:

thats good, yea its coming along a long process for real, but im fortunate.

what self help stuff have you been reading id like some titles, thanks

20's are all about learning yourself, agree 100% about being selfish because it will shape you

thats good, yea its coming along a long process for real, but im fortunate.

what self help stuff have you been reading id like some titles, thanks

I honestly just googled stuff and would read whatever articles seemed good

basically googled titles like "moving on for a man" "self help for men" etc

it might seem cheesy but getting a notebook and writing when I felt like it really helped, if I read what I wrote in August compared to now and re-read it, it helps immensely. I would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:
as mentioned earlier, just be happy you have the life you have and don't have to live in tougher circumstances.

But if you live in NY, I feel bad for you already.  That's already a L.  You're welcome here in the bay.

Last edited:

as mentioned earlier, just be happy you have the life you have and don't have to live in tougher circumstances.

But if you live in NY, I feel bad for you already.  That's already a L.  You're welcome here in the bay.
NYC >>>>>> LA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baltimore >>>>>>>>> SF

Last edited:
Life is what you make of it. While some people have their good fortune handed to them, there are others that started from the bottom and worked their way to the top. It's not difficult to see that money will never be the solution. There is plenty of evidence to support that. We see it all the time, wealthy individuals on the verge of a complete meltdown. It's just a matter of finding or doing something worth waking up every morning for. That's just how I see things.

Life is what you make of it. While some people have their good fortune handed to them, there are others that started from the bottom and worked their way to the top. It's not difficult to see that money will never be the solution. There is plenty of evidence to support that. We see it all the time, wealthy individuals on the verge of a complete meltdown. It's just a matter of finding or doing something worth waking up every morning for. That's just how I see things.

That's why I love the shows Shark Tank and the Profit

Mannn I've been feeling down in the dumps lately bros. And life has been going pretty good too. Relationship going strong, family members getting engaged and I just got accepted into the graduate program of my dreams

But I'm currently on a temporary work assignment in NC until next summer. I'm 8 hours from my family and girl in PA. I live by myself and don't really have a social life down here. I guess after living with three other dudes in college I wanted some me time for a while. But now I'm feeling lonelier then ever. I come home to an empty apartment. Sit on the couch until it's time to go to bed. I've been getting drunk every night for no reason :lol:

I try and occupy myself with hobbies. I regularly go to the gym and I picked up golf over the summer. But the novelty starts to wear off. It's gotten to the point that no matter what I do to fill my time, I dread having to make that trip home to be alone by myself.

Halp :frown:

I thought making money would be the answer to everything, but I've realized that personally, it comes down to family / friends.

Life definitely gets lonelier, but when I'm on my deathbed, I won't be asking myself why I didn't work more / get paid more.

I work as a valet at a hotel by my school, and a lot of the guests are very successful people with very well paying jobs. I noticed a lot of them,despite their wealth, always have one thing in common. They are lonely. One lady who chose her career (lawyer) over having a family told me she regretted it everyday of her life.

Although I want money and a comfortable lifestyle, family/friends will always be more important to me. I can't even imagine being 50-60 years old with a great job and nobody that cares about me :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom