Lifting at the Gym by yourself?

Just ask someone to spot you. You needed NT's advice for that ?
laugh.gif
some people dont have social kills or commone sense to do the norm. hopefully he will find the right ansswer

The dudes who are making fun of guys for lifting by themselves sounds like the the ones who sat by themselves in the cafeteria during lunch in high school.

People lift by themselves all da times.. I prefer to too so I don't gotta hear my friend/roommate talk about some stupid ish killing my vibe... never be roommate with ur friends

To each their own but when I go to the gym, it's to lift and do work so for me that means doing it solo. If you have a workout partner that's actually not BSing around and is there for a legitimate reason, then more power to both of you.

But the gym is not the social hour time to hang out with your boys and talk about what happened on the Walking Dead or who the girl you're simpin over is banging at the moment while you and your d-bag friends are hogging the machine/workout area :smh: >:

It's not the place for you to take up space and sit there taking IG or FB pics or texting your friends when you're once again hogging a machine/workout area. GO HOME or just G.T.F.O. :smh:

This rant also applies to you herbs that just literally sit there in the gym the whole time. Like literaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly just sitting there staring off into space. I might give benefit of the doubt if you just finished working out and just tired AF but when you clearly walked in after I got there and just sitting there doing nothing. G.T.F.O here too :smh: , waste of space taking up room. You don't get a workout just by checking into the gym and sitting there for an hour.

Last edited:
To each their own but when I go to the gym, it's to lift and do work so for me that means doing it solo. If you have a workout partner that's actually not BSing around and is there for a legitimate reason, then more power to both of you.

But the gym is not the social hour time to hang out with your boys and talk about what happened on the Walking Dead or who the girl you're simpin over is banging at the moment while you and your d-bag friends are hogging the machine/workout area
mean.gif
mad.gif

It's not the place for you to take up space and sit there taking IG or FB pics or texting your friends when you're once again hogging a machine/workout area. GO HOME or just G.T.F.O.
mean.gif

This rant also applies to you herbs that just literally sit there in the gym the whole time. Like literaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly just sitting there staring off into space. I might give benefit of the doubt if you just finished working out and just tired AF but when you clearly walked in after I got there and just sitting there doing nothing. G.T.F.O here too
mean.gif
, waste of space taking up room. You don't get a workout just by checking into the gym and sitting there for an hour.
CHURCH.

You've never even been to a gym, its evident by this dumb *** comment.

Stop. Obviously you were offended. Not my fault you don't have friends.

Not in the least, I actually have a consistent workout partner. But pro lifters and trainers in the gym tend to be alone when they lift. You can completely make an idiotic statement without assuming someone's offended or you're right. You should stop.

Last edited:
What? 
laugh.gif

"Better" in terms of what? 
At my gym they have a pull up bar and weighted belts so I put on like a 50 pound belt and do different reps of pull ups. I was just stating when I don't have a spotter I like doing those instead of being worried about not being able to push up that last rep

Last edited:
Jeez, I thought this was another FA thread on the misc for a second. I lift by myself 99% of the time, and if I need a spotter I'll just ask.. Put my headphones in and listen to some edm/rap and lift till im done.

For those(if any) of you who have spent years with lifting partners and also years lifting alone do you notice any difference with your gains either way?

Back
Top Bottom