Lifting at the Gym by yourself?

I have a gym membership, I had been working out and lifting out with a friend, but he's not able to go to the gym with me anymore. Anyways, do any of you lift by yourself without a spot? I'm kind of nervous to go without one.

Ask a staff member to spot you or a random person. Stop being nervous and lift.

I don't like lifting with other people so I try to just lift as much as I can without a spot and move up in weight that way. But I guess it would be nice to push it sometimes with a spot

pretty much always. i prefer it. i have a bunch of friends an associates there if i need a spot, but besides that, i like zoning out and working alone. i go to a dark place when i lift, it's hard to maintain that when you're talking.

I lift by myself all the time.

When I look at my gym its almost like 50/50 people working out by themselves vs partners.

Last edited:
I used to bug out doing free weights at gyms. Got stuck twice benching where the weights just sat on me and I couldn't move nor talk. Got over it once I got confident in my muscles. Just go workout with what you can lift and just keep it simple.

I have a gym membership, I had been working out and lifting out with a friend, but he's not able to go to the gym with me anymore. Anyways, do any of you lift by yourself without a spot? I'm kind of nervous to go without one.
Great question OP. I have a similar question. [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Do you guys go to the bathroom by yourselves? [/color]

I have a membership to toilets. I have friends and I like to have them around while I use the bathroom, but now my friends' are not able to help me in case I have an accident.  Any ways do you poop and pee by yourselves with out spotters and little angels around just in case? I'm kind of nervous to go without them. 

I lift by myself all the time.

When I look at my gym its almost like 50/50 people working out by themselves vs partners.

Same here. I hate waiting on someone to finish their set and slowing me down with small talk. I like to focus and rest as little as possible between sets. Just don't lift more than you know you can handle.

Great question OP. I have a similar question. Do you guys go to the bathroom by yourselves? 

I have a membership to toilets. I have friends and I like to have them around while I use the bathroom, but now my friends' are not able to help me in case I have an accident.  Any ways do you poop and pee by yourselves with out spotters and little angels around just in case? I'm kind of nervous to go without them. 
jaguars-fan-gif.gif

^the hell?

Do a weight that you're comfortable doing and don't go to failure, well at least on something where you're screwed if you can't finish the rep like bench press. When I roll solo, I lift heavy on dumbbells and not AS heavy anything with barbells. At least you can max out on those without ending up in a casket :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom