Light Tints Vs HID

I looked all over and i cant really seem to find an answer. my question is 
if i tinted my head lights black, will the HID color still go through?

Why don't you get good quality headlight covers? you can take them off easily when you need your headlights.......the color will still shine through depending on how dark you tint is, are you going to use tint spray, or tint them with film?

Never understood why people would tint their headlights. If you wanna black them out, do it right and take them to a shop that'll open them up and paint the inside. Any sort of tint you put on the headlight will be detrimental to light output.

^exactly its unsafe at night if you permanently tint your headlights, buy some tinted covers, easy to install and take off when you need to like when it rains or at night, plus if a cop stops you, you can show them that it slides right off

I agree, it is pointless to tint the headlights. I had one of those headlight covers on my old cars and even with HID, the light barely shines through, almost no visibility at night.

Have you considered just blacking out the housing? Not sure what you drive but I always liked this look.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

so i shouldnt even go over it lightly?

Just leave it the way it is. Why did you consider tinting your headlights in the first place ?

Originally Posted by sage909

Just leave it the way it is. Why did you consider tinting your headlights in the first place ?

well i tinted every other light i have on there, just seemed right to tint them

Auto shop tried to tint my tail lights but it wouldn't work because my lights are too round
I ended up spraying my tail lights 3 layers in all
Lights shine right through with no problem

Originally Posted by sage909

well i tinted every other light i have on there, just seemed right to tint them

yeah i get what you mean, but consider blacking out the housing. pics of the headlights so we can see if itll look good blacking out the housing.

It does seem like tinting them will decrease visibility, which is of course not good, but I've never thought about painting the housing. My car is black on black and I've never thought about doing that. That link posted earlier was pretty informative, I may definitely try this as I'm a huge DIY guy. I saw on the link that son put the lights in the oven
laugh.gif
I'm too tired to read the whole thing, but I will check it out.

Somewhat off-topic but does anybody have any tint shop recommendations in the LA area? I live on the west side of town by the Grove, thanks. 

I looked all over and i cant really seem to find an answer. my question is 
if i tinted my head lights black, will the HID color still go through?

What you're looking for, is getting your headlights 'blackhoused'. Any shop can do it for just 40 bucks!

Back
Top Bottom