Like Father, Like Son > Watch The Throne

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Watch the Throne wasn't even that bad at all.

Kanye and Jay just make such high quality music that the bar is set so high and anytime they come out with something just average or a little above people are disappointed.

But to answer your question WTT>>>>>>>LFLS

Wtt isn't even a good album. You can be the 2 greatest acts in the world and make an average project. Lfls is bangers front to back. Nobody's saying that Wayne and birdman are better rappers but it's a really strong album.

I knew this would happen, cats defending WTT based off of the artists' reputation alone. Truth be told, half the songs are wack. Very underwhelming. I'm not familiar with lfls.I will say this though, a few of the songs that I didn't like on WTT actually have substance so I find myself bumping them. I'm sure the subject matter on LFLS is the same ol stiff from those two.

Alot of you dudes are getting "bangers" confused with what actual hip hop content is or with what hip hop music is.  You dudes have your fun though.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Alot of you dudes are getting "bangers" confused with what actual hip hop content is or with what hip hop music is.  You dudes have your fun though.
Get your old washed up *%% out here with that b.  I hate when people make WTT to be some piece filled with illuminary social content.
Watch the Throne was as average as could be.  I honestly didn't replay the album outside of its first couple weeks dropping.  Jay sounded old and washed up and overall the project was lazy and uninspiring.  Kind of like every point you ever make.

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

Dudes let their hate of Jay and bitterness over the beef with Nas dictate their posts. 

In EVERY Jay-Z related thread. It never fails. 

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Dudes let their hate of Jay and bitterness over the beef with Nas dictate their posts. 

ITs almost as bad you dudes who when someone says anything slightly negative rush to his defense like its your mama.  Jay-Z was very unimpressive on Watch The Throne.  Except for American Gangster, he's been kind of washed for a while now.  But y'all love him telling you how much money he has and looking at pictures of him at Nets game so I'll let you have your idol.

Forreal,happens in any Jay related thread.
And to people saying WTT had no substance,I suggest that you listen to Murder to Excellence,New Day,Welcome to The Jungle,Made in America etc. 

The album seriously flew over most peoples heads,they think that every song is like Otis or NIP. There's only a few of those "luxury rap" type songs. The rest of the album does have a message and substance. Black

empowerment,excellence, opulence,decadence. Look past the gold plated facade and couple braggadocio lyrics and you'll find substance,musically and lyrically. If anything, the album is criminally underrated on here. Most of what I've seen on here is people calling it trash and claiming that it has no substance. Not the greatest rap album by any means at all but it was one of the most complete rap albums of last year imo. Now people are saying that Like Father, like son is better? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 C'mon.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Get your old washed up *%% out here with that b.  I hate when people make WTT to be some piece filled with illuminary social content.
Watch the Throne was as average as could be.  I honestly didn't replay the album outside of its first couple weeks dropping.  Jay sounded old and washed up and overall the project was lazy and uninspiring.  Kind of like every point you ever make.

Age has nothing to do with my post, but I see it has everything to do with yours.  When you mature and or get older, (hopefully they first one arrives for you faster than the latter) you will then hopefully see my point.  If you know anything about hip hop or cared for the music in general, once again you would see my point.  Until that time arrives, you'll just be another clown on the asinine train..............ALL ABOARD.

Originally Posted by kb8 3qwick

I like more songs from LFLS than WTT, so I also agree with this statement.

High, Cali Dro, Dont Die, Hustlin, Know What Im Doin (when i first heard it), Army Gunz > WTT's best song - Illest Motha***** Alive

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

ITs almost as bad you dudes who when someone says anything slightly negative rush to his defense like its your mama.  Jay-Z was very unimpressive on Watch The Throne.  Except for American Gangster, he's been kind of washed for a while now.  But y'all love him telling you how much money he has and looking at pictures of him at Nets game so I'll let you have your idol.
The last sentence of your post is exactly what he was talking about tho.
Like at the end of the day it's all preference but dudes often post %!$$ that just reeks of some sort of bitterness about Jay. Like you assuming that if anyone disagrees with your assessment of WTT...it MUST be because they "love him telling you how much money he has and looking at pictures of him at Nets games". I guess anyone of that stature is a polarizing figure but it's really getting annoying now. If Jay were to drop a joint right this second and someone made a post about it...you'd have a bunch of dudes coming in to scream "overrated. he fell off. he got too much money" and probably wouldn't have even listened to the song. %%##!% on here have their minds made up about Jay regardless of what he does.

Jay is one of my favorite rappers though.  But I don't have musical biases sp I can recognize when someone has started to make sup-bar music.  WTT wasn't subpar but it was hardly a classic album like people make it out to be either.  It was aight.  Which for those two is disappointing cause of the high expectations people have for each of them.
And my mentioning of the money is it allows him to still have this platform at 40+.  Y'all don't think if Rakim dropped an album with Kanye production it couldn't be as hot as Jay right now?  Kool G Rap?  Those guys are "real Hi-Hop," but no one seems to care about their work anymore.  Jay has fooled people into thinking his later success as a businessman has anything to do with the quality of his artwork which has steadily devolved aside from American Gangster.  His flow has gotten heavy-handled, he doesn't have the lyrical dexterity he once did.  He just has a platform that no other artist has to maintain his relevancy.  That platform don't mean his @+*+ is good.

I hate Wayne as person too but LFLS he comes very hard on.  If I was in my whip, I'd be more inclined to throw on than WTT.  If I wanted to throw on something with context there are about 10 billion albums I could think of playing rather than WTT.  3 tracks doesn't meaning its some social masterpiece.

And its real obvious cause dudes are not even giving real reasons why LFLS is better.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom