Like Father, Like Son > Watch The Throne

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

Dudes let their hate of Jay and bitterness over the beef with Nas dictate their posts. 

In EVERY Jay-Z related thread. It never fails. 

And its real obvious cause dudes are not even giving real reasons why LFLS is better.
laugh.gif
better tracks with Less Hype
n's was swearing WTT was the best album ever before it even came out.

LFLS came out of nowhere and did justice. its a dope low key album

oh and with birdmans interruptions, it was still 
sick.gif

Dudes let their hate of Jay and bitterness over the beef with Nas dictate their posts. 

And its real obvious cause dudes are not even giving real reasons why LFLS is better.
laugh.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

Rolaholic wrote:
Forreal,happens in any Jay related thread.
And to people saying WTT had no substance,I suggest that you listen to Murder to Excellence,New Day,Welcome to The Jungle,Made in America etc. 

The album seriously flew over most peoples heads,they think that every song is like Otis or NIP. There's only a few of those "luxury rap" type songs. The rest of the album does have a message and substance. Black

empowerment,excellence, opulence,decadence. Look past the gold plated facade and couple braggadocio lyrics and you'll find substance,musically and lyrically. If anything, the album is criminally underrated on here. Most of what I've seen on here is people calling it trash and claiming that it has no substance. Not the greatest rap album by any means at all but it was one of the most complete rap albums of last year imo. Now people are saying that Like Father, like son is better? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 C'mon.

Agree on all this..

Jay and Kanye set the bar to damn high it seems. WTT has all the qualities for a great Album and some people thought it was bad
laugh.gif

Let alone the fact that it got positive to perfect reviews from most publications. No one is ever gonna convince me that WTT is not a good Album. Never.

What planet are some of you from?

It's an album with Birdman. Mother-@+##!!% Birdman?! Perhaps the worst "rapper" of this generation.

Even if the album was more fun to listen to, to say it's a greater piece of work is despicable. If we're going off albums having "bangers" as a scale by which albums are measured than Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em > all.

Purely off rap skill displayed, WTT is better. The album features @+##!!% Birdman?!? Are you kidding me?

AMP in here going off
laugh.gif
, you say you dont have any musical biases but i doesnt sound like it......you clearly have issues with Jay or how people view/follow him.
You keep going back to AG, but i thought BP3 was pretty good, was that just total trash to you or what?

But to stay on topic, imma have to go with op on this 1...LFLS had a lotta bangers on there, it was a fun album, a smokeout album full of hard beats and $#!+ talking.

And Hov is my favorite of all time but LFLS was just a much more '' enjoyable'' album, despite the plehboi verses.

Once again, I love Jay.  I mean the guy prolly has the best catalogue in Hip-Hop history.  I only think recently KC/BP3 were wack.  Once again, WTT wasn't bad, I just didn't particularly enjoy it.  I though the Social commentary was too few and far in-between and the music was generally lazy and uninspired.   Might I be judging them unfairly because of who they are? Sure.
But half of y'all be the ones to say it don't matter when LeBron plays great cause he doesn't have a ring.  Well, when you create a standard for yourself and then you don't really reach it, its disappointing. From an exclusive project featuring just both of them, two of the most important figures in Hip-Hop I expect amazing.  They gave us aight.  I have 10 billion amazing tracks from each of these two, I'm cool on listening to a bunch of ones that I feel are underwhelming.

BP3 wasnt wack though, to even have that in the same sentence as KC is just disrespectful......BP3 aint flames but youre going too far with wack, maybe you just have extremely high expectations and if something isnt nearly a classic its graded as trash.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by Peep Game

It bangs, but LFLS had Wayne & Birdman, which automatically makes it garbage or mediocre.
WTT was just severely underwhelming based on high expectations. Sounds even to me.
The more opinions I read, the more I think that I'm the only one who had low expectations for WTT.
I didn't enjoy BP3 & I only like a few tracks off MBDTF. I thought WTT was gonna be a frisbee quite honestly.
My expectations were vastly exceeded
Well I was thinking that with a joint album from them, neither one could possibly mess it up. Boy was I wrong.

And the opposite is not the case? 

LFLS is an amazing album. Was definitely the during pinnacle of Wayne's lyrical career, but it's no WTT.

That album just flows like lava. Not one track is skipped and the production is stellar as well. The energy both rappers bring and their feeding off of each other's energy alone puts it ahead of LFLS which was more Wayne with baby adlibs than a duet album. Wayne came hard as #!#% though.

Ill def say this, Kanye has REGRESSED lyrically. Its almost painful to hear him spit some of the stuff yall think is "dope"

Originally Posted by Tero

%+%+++ in Paris video is garbage

word guess they need music videos with stunt doubles on motorcycles, fake playing the guitar, and tigers appearing out of thin air to make it be hot

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I knew this would happen, cats defending WTT based off of the artists' reputation alone. Truth be told, half the songs are wack.
Oh word? Name the wack ones.

So the album sucks? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 oh NT. Never change.

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I knew this would happen, cats defending WTT based off of the artists' reputation alone. Truth be told, half the songs are wack.

So the album sucks? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 oh NT. Never change.
not what i said.. i just said the video sucks. you like dudes in paris wearing skirts with cheap %*% CG, frame skips and bright lights then thats all you brah

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

LFLS is an amazing album. Was definitely the during pinnacle of Wayne's lyrical career, but it's no WTT.

That album just flows like lava. Not one track is skipped and the production is stellar as well.  The energy both rappers bring and their feeding off of each other's energy alone puts it ahead of LFLS which was more Wayne with baby adlibs than a duet album. Wayne came hard as #!#% though.

Cheese Wagstaff wrote:

The ones that weren't "The Joy", "Illest MFr Alive", "Otis", "Primetime", and "Gotta Have It". Basically the ones that didn't have overblown dubstep techno sounding beats.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

That album just flows like lava. Not one track is skipped and the production is stellar as well.  The energy both rappers bring and their feeding off of each other's energy alone puts it ahead of LFLS which was more Wayne with baby adlibs than a duet album. Wayne came hard as #!#% though.

Cheese Wagstaff wrote:

What is this craziness? WTT didn't have a skippable track on it, and the one that came closest was Lift Off. You mean to tell me that Who Gon Stop Me was wack? Welcome To The Jungle? Made In America? No Church In The Wild? Why I love You? Murder To Excellence? Come on man...... Ridiculous
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom