Lil Uzi Vert Thread - "Pink Tape" Out June 30th!

Uzi says a lot of people influence him, son sounds NOTHING like keef and I was a big keef fan.
" was a big keef fan " ? some kinda fan smh.... you aint ride long at all lol

Who's man is this? Dude steady running around trying to pull people's fan card like you gotta get an artist name tatted on you if at any moment you were a fan of their projects.

Last edited:
Been playing Right now and 7am crazy lately..Really feeling the vibe of those two songs..But like dude said..Its really a shame how philly lost it sound over the years ..dudes really out here sounding like clones..another dude from philly who been blowing up lately..PNB Rock sound like fetty wop..smh.

Im from Philly & i know this may sound crazy but im glad the city changed its sound. Them other dudes was sounding dated af. Freestyles like it was still 05 or something. Not a fan of the blatant ATL riding but at least its different

Wish GrandeMarshall was bigger, he has a cool but different Philly street sound to him. Im gon keep bringing dude name up whenever i see its fitting cuz he deserves more recognition

This dude is ******* terrible!

This **** gotta stop fam all these clowns spitting straight doodoo and folks pretending it's hot, at least Lil b was funny dudes be really serious out here sounding stupid.

Have you ever made a million dollars off your talent? Have you ever ****** a ***** *** so fat you lose your balance?

If you answer no to either one of those questions, lil uzi may not be the artist for you.

Nah but in all seriousness if you're lyrics/storytelling over musicality then I can kind of see where you're coming from. There are definitely worse rappers on this wave than uzi.

Lil Uzi out here painting motion pictures, if you can't see or hear that in his music I heard Lencrafters has some specials going on.

Im from Philly & i know this may sound crazy but im glad the city changed its sound. Them other dudes was sounding dated af. Freestyles like it was still 05 or something. Not a fan of the blatant ATL riding but at least its different

Wish GrandeMarshall was bigger, he has a cool but different Philly street sound to him. Im gon keep bringing dude name up whenever i see its fitting cuz he deserves more recognition

I don't see how you could of ever been a fan of the Philly rap scene..If you think all these down south clones coming out of the city right now is better..And that philly sound is never dated..I can go back and listen to 1000 bars from beans or an freestyle from vodka..Its still a 100x better then uzi..

And that's not to say he's bad..He has a lane..I like a couple joints...but I definitely prefer 98-05 philly rappers than now..

Last edited:
I don't see how you could of ever been a fan of the Philly rap scene..If you think all these down south clones coming out of the city right now is better..And that philly sound is never dated..I can go back and listen to 1000 bars from beans or an freestyle from vodka..Its still a 100x better then uzi..

And that's not to say he's bad..He has a lane..I like a couple joints...but I definitely prefer 98-05 philly rappers than now..

You right i never really was cuz it was too repetitive. Most of the dudes i remember from back then after Beans, Free and all them bigger dudes faded, all sounded too similar to me. Like they all had bars & aggression but didnt know how to make complete songs. Not saying this era great, i just welcome the change in sound. Thats all. After all this time of hearing Philly dudes rap the way they did, it is really odd to hear them switch styles like this. Never expected it. Tbh this city should have way more talent than it shows smh

so basically just listen to the instrumental?

"don't come into this actually looking for talent"

this **** is crazy

No I said don't come into it expecting super lyrical ****.

Not being lyrical =/= not being talented

If a ***** just makes a good song it doesn't have to be lyrical.

IDK how else to explain it. I listen to more than rap too, so music doesn't have to be lyrical for me to like it.

You be in the club turning down booty cheeks mad in a corner because they not playing Lupe Fiasco or RZA?

First auto tune aint new. Ever heard of Roger Troutman ? And I'm not expecting nas level bars,  just some original content.  

UZI SAID HIMSELF, HIS STUFF HAS CHIEK KEEF ELEMENTS. 

A talk box isn't the same as auto tune. Speak on what you are educated on.

You can be inspired by someone and not sound like them.

But it's whatever this **** is all subjective at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Stop it

this clown is whining over auto tune what exactly is the talent? being able to kind of stay on beat while whining?

You boys always wanna justify garbage artist with "what about the club" like Jay-z, Pac,Big,Game, 50 etc wasn't making records that got spun in the club all the while still being able to actually RAP

Call it something else and i wouldn't even care but this ******** isn't rap and IMO is an embarrassment to the culture

him young thug, rhq all of that ********

a bunch of clowns out here dying they hair like some cupcakes mumbling about being drug addicts for 3 mins, **** is trash

roll.gif

Stop it

this clown is whining over auto tune what exactly is the talent? being able to kind of stay on beat while whining?

You boys always wanna justify garbage artist with "what about the club" like Jay-z, Pac,Big,Game, 50 etc wasn't making records that got spun in the club all the while still being able to actually RAP

Call it something else and i wouldn't even care but this ******** isn't rap and IMO is an embarrassment to the culture

a bunch of clowns out here dying they hair like some cupcakes mumbling about being drug addicts for 3 mins, **** is trash
The bar is so low at this point. What won't we accept ? 

Have you ever made a million dollars off your talent? Have you ever ****** a ***** *** so fat you lose your balance?

If you answer no to either one of those questions, lil uzi may not be the artist for you.

Nah but in all seriousness if you're lyrics/storytelling over musicality then I can kind of see where you're coming from. There are definitely worse rappers on this wave than uzi.

Tell me you didn't seriously post this in an effort to dispute the notion he is awful?

Stop it

not that deep homie

i just like the music

i honestly don't care whether a ***** is lyrical or not

you can rap the dictionary to me and be boring as hell musically

if i want super lyrical **** i'll go elsewhere when im in the mood for that, what type of ***** wants to hear one type of rap all the time

sometimes you in the mood for young thug and sometimes you in the mood for j. cole or kendrick

you don't go to McDonalds and ask for steak and lobster

some times you just want a cheeseburger my *****

not that deep homie

i just like the music

i honestly don't care whether a ***** is lyrical or not

you can rap the dictionary to me and be boring as hell musically

if i want super lyrical **** i'll go elsewhere when im in the mood for that, what type of ***** wants to hear one type of rap all the time

sometimes you in the mood for young thug and sometimes you in the mood for j. cole or kendrick

you don't go to McDonalds and ask for steak and lobster

some times you just want a cheeseburger my *****

Justify it however you want fam it's trash.

I never understand why you young ****** thinking being "super lyrical" means rapping the dictionary.

It's plenty of ******...young and old that can rap...and they not rapping the dictionary. Being lyrical just means having an intricate understanding of wordplay, having pointed thoughts. It's a SKILL. That's why ****** always like to go the extreme end of the spectrum by tossing out names like Lupe Fiasco. Every ***** that can rap isn't Lupe. You don't have to be on some rappity rap **** to be considered a good rapper. Take someone like Dom for example. He isn't some super intricate rapper...but he's not ******ed either.

But alot of these ****** ya'll put on pedestal AINT SAYING ****. Ya'll are buying into the melodies and the instrumentation...because that's essentially what MUSIC is at it's core. Melodies resonate with us on a deeper level. That's why they teach kids their ABCs using melodies. You consciously have a total disconnect with the actual rapping but subconsciously you ****** are eating this **** up.

These ****** out here on some super misogynistic, borderline "I hate women"...super suspect...****** putting dye in their hair and dancing like powder puffs and rocking torn up leggings and ****...saying the most ridiculous **** on record but as long as the flows is catchy and the beat rocking...it's all game.

I never understand why you young ****** thinking being "super lyrical" means rapping the dictionary.

It's plenty of ******...young and old that can rap...and they not rapping the dictionary. Being lyrical just means having an intricate understanding of wordplay, having pointed thoughts. It's a SKILL. That's why ****** always like to go the extreme end of the spectrum by tossing out names like Lupe Fiasco. Every ***** that can rap isn't Lupe. You don't have to be on some rappity rap **** to be considered a good rapper. Take someone like Dom for example. He isn't some super intricate rapper...but he's not ******ed either.

But alot of these ****** ya'll put on pedestal AINT SAYING ****. Ya'll are buying into the melodies and the instrumentation...because that's essentially what MUSIC is at it's core. Melodies resonate with us on a deeper level. That's why they teach kids their ABCs using melodies. You consciously have a total disconnect with the actual rapping but subconsciously you ****** are eating this **** up.

These ****** out here on some super misogynistic, borderline "I hate women"...super suspect...****** putting dye in their hair and dancing like powder puffs and rocking torn up leggings and ****...saying the most ridiculous **** on record but as long as the flows is catchy and the beat rocking...it's all game.

View media item 1994285

So what's wrong with this?

"You ****** like music. Young young dumb *** ******." 
laugh.gif

If Ye/Wayne/Pain came out tomorrow and said this autotune over hard beats wave they started was to be called something else other than rap, would y'all still be mad?

It seems like the outrage isn't over the actual music but moreso these outdated rules of rap y'all have.

And to be honest, Thug and Uzi aren't even slouches lyrically. A lot of new ****** just pronounce or say **** a certain way. Which is why people may think Future, Thug or Uzi just spitting gibberish. Chance doesn't get the label of not being lyrical but a lot of times he has the same problem on the first listen you might not be able to understand what he says because of his accent/way of speaking and you gotta go back and listen. Thug is slick nice with the metaphors.

As far as Uzi and Thug being on the sus ****, I can't speak on what another man does behind closed doors but both of them got girls that they proudly put all over social media. We also can't act like ****** wasn't rocking bell bottoms and open shirts and jheri curls in the 70's and 80's. Baggy/non-tight clothes are relatively shortlived in black fashion, from the early 90's to late 2000's, they really were only the style of choice for <20 years.

So what's wrong with this?

"You ****** like music. Young young dumb *** ******." :lol:

If Ye/Wayne/Pain came out tomorrow and said this autotune over hard beats wave they started was to be called something else other than rap, would y'all still be mad?

It seems like the outrage isn't over the actual music but moreso these outdated rules of rap y'all have.

And to be honest, Thug and Uzi aren't even slouches lyrically. A lot of new ****** just pronounce or say **** a certain way. Which is why people may think Future, Thug or Uzi just spitting gibberish. Chance doesn't get the label of not being lyrical but a lot of times he has the same problem on the first listen you might not be able to understand what he says because of his accent/way of speaking and you gotta go back and listen. Thug is slick nice with the metaphors.

As far as Uzi and Thug being on the sus ****, I can't speak on what another man does behind closed doors but both of them got girls that they proudly put all over social media. We also can't act like ****** wasn't rocking bell bottoms and open shirts and jheri curls in the 70's and 80's. Baggy/non-tight clothes are relatively shortlived in black fashion, from the early 90's to late 2000's, they really were only the style of choice for

I guess lol.

A lot of y'all hear a certain melody, cadence or beat style and automatically your brain is predisposed to not liking it.

But I ain't on 300 Ent. or Atlantic payroll so we all can like what we like I ain't tryna convert no one lol.

cashbanks cashbanks Bruh you gotta be the most bitter _ in the music forum :rofl:

The way the older hip hop fans criticize rap is the same way all the older rockstars and their fans criticize rock music today. Older Country music artists/fans? Same ****.

You noticing a trend here or do I need to go on? :lol:

Cultural evolution is inevitable. Every generation finds their way of expressing themselves and a lot of the time it involves pushing the boundaries and going against the preferences of those who came before.

The young _'s today are prolly gonna hate the music the new young _'s are making in 10-15 years. It is what it is

@CashBanks Bruh you gotta be the most bitter _ in the music forum
roll.gif

The way the older hip hop fans criticize rap is the same way all the older rockstars and their fans criticize rock music today. Older Country music artists/fans? Same ****.

You noticing a trend here or do I need to go on?
laugh.gif

Cultural evolution is inevitable. Every generation finds their way of expressing themselves and a lot of the time it involves pushing the boundaries and going against the preferences of those who came before.

The young _'s today are prolly gonna hate the music the new young _'s are making in 10-15 years. It is what it is
I'm going to disagree here personally. At 30...I come across young ****** everyday on Soundcloud that are making GREAT **** across the board while being creative and innovative without being stuck in the 90s but they not on their super ****** **** using the same flows and rehashing the same tired *** cookie cutter trap sound. They're out there.

Who cares it's all subjective. Noone person can say what's good and what's not good. I'm not to big on uzi but he got a couple joints that go. I heard a ***** say dmx was wack when we were listening to the drink champs interview at the barber shop, that moment I realized ****** like what they like. I've never heard anyone call x wack in my 26 years, it blew my mind and dude was in his 30s. Nobody forcing nobody to listen to this ****.

Back
Top Bottom