Lil Wayne (feat. Eminem) - Drop the World

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

"I swear some of these fans, they put their whole lives on the line. It's like they can't like more than one rapper at a time."

-Joe Budden
pimp.gif

I'm digging this track. Both came equally correct.

It's funny hearing dudes say we hype up Em too much. He's put himself in a position to be worthy of all the praise and hyping. He's so far ahead ofso many other rappers that his mediocre verses @!@* on some dude's albums.

So when you say he could have come harder, it's not fair and it's indeed a double standard.

Like dude said earlier, just enjoy the music.

Bout to bump this Rebirth.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

HarlemToTheBronx wrote:

"I swear some of these fans, they put their whole lives on the line. It's like they can't like more than one rapper at a time."

-Joe Budden
pimp.gif

Someone needs to make a thread for this track... it should be mandatory for every Nter in the music forum to hear that

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

HarlemToTheBronx wrote:

-Joe Budden
pimp.gif

Someone needs to make a thread for this track... it should be mandatory for every Nter in the music forum to hear that

CO-SIGN..And there is already a thread for it, was made about 2 months ago, you should be able to find it..... But damn Marshall, dude is seriously back on his*$*%, I Can NOT wait till Relapse 2. I think it's apparent how much hip hop needs EM. Dude can start such a buzz when he starts spitten like this. Reallyshows how much alot of people missed the old EM. Im glad dude got sober and started realizing what the hell he's been putting out.

I've listened to Em's verse about 50 or so times. He's really back on his game now.

This DEF needs to be a single, if that album has any chance in hell of selling anywhere close to Wayne's previous numbers.

Imo Ems verse was straight FIRE. One of the best verses ive heard in a long time for sure. Everyone who says people just "hype" it because it Em,your the same people to come in and downplay on ANYTHING thats hot. Swearing its overrated because the potential has to be perfection reaching standards thatare impossible. The trend on NT is to feel the exact opposite in what everyone else likes, I don't understand it.
laugh.gif

"i stole the clock, i took the time..."
pimp.gif
i liked em's verse.

but i related to waynes verse more, which made me like it better. so thats just me. wayne killed it

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

-I love the beat

-Wayne came correct lyrically... Em did what he does best, out-shined his collaborator off of pure technique

-the duality of both approaches makes for good music

-the song is appreciated

-I'm neither a Wayne or Em stan
Couldn't have said it any better.

This song is top 10-20 for the year of '09, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom