Lil Wayne Walks All Over US Flag Vol. Another Wayne Thread

Sorry if already posted

View media item 460305
Lil Wayne is pledging that he did not trample the American flag on purpose, even though a video clip from his latest music video shoot appears to show the rapper with Old Glory at his feet.
The often times controversial rapper tweeted early Tuesday that the scene was not meant to be disrespectful.

View media item 460306Lil Wayne tweeted in response to video that shows him stomping on the American flag.
"I didn't step on the flag on purpose!" Wayne posted on his Twitter page. "It's a scene in a video where the flag drops behind me and after it drops, it's just there as I perform."

View media item 460308The 1-minute clip shows Weezy, 30, singing and dancing in front of a large red, white and blue flag before it's let go onto the Hollygrove, New Orleans, street. The drop reveals a group of people standing behind the flag, serving as a background audience for his video.

The rapper says he did not step on the flag intentionally.

The scene could have been overlooked, but the strong imagery accompanies an even stronger sentiment on Wayne's new song, "God Bless Amerika." The seemingly unpatriotic treatment of the flag appears to accompany contentious lyrics.
"My country 'tis of thee/ sweet land of kill 'em all and let 'em die/ God bless Amerika/ This so godless Amerika … the stars on the flag are never shining," Wayne raps.

Nah..people are reachin with this 1..i seen this the other day..nuthin to see here

Even if he did step all over the flag, why should I care? People sit during the national anthem every damn day. Who cares. Everyone is free to express themselves however they see fit (or so we're told).

Welp Weezy should that lil bucktoothed girl and sing the national anthem at Game 7 in Miami to show his patriotism.

Welp Weezy should that lil bucktoothed girl and sing the national anthem at Game 7 in Miami to show his patriotism.
A Young Money National Anthem
laugh.gif

With Manny Fresh on the beats?

who cares
wow, im really shocked and appauled at the total disregard ppl here are showing for the nations image. Dude stepped of the U.S. FLAG!!! U.S., United States of America, aka, us, aka where we live. The best continent in the galaxy. And... we let it slide? David Stern must be President, cus we done got NBA soft. This like spilling wine on God's white tee. :smh: How this nation has fallen...

Last edited:
wow, im really shocked and appauled at the total disregard ppl here are showing for the nations image. Dude stepped of the U.S. FLAG!!! U.S., United States of America, aka, us, aka where we live. The best continent in the galaxy. And... we let it slide? David Stern must be President, cus we done got NBA soft. This like spilling wine on God's white tee. :smh: How this nation has fallen...

You sir are reaching. Its its 1st amendment right to step on the flag , if he meant to. But he didn't. And the video makes it obvious that the flag just landed at his feet.

The US is a continent now? You saw we failed America but it looks like the educational system failed you first.

Honestly the media blew it up as that he stomped all over it as you can clearly see he was rapping not realizing where he was standing smh

that does look pretty bad though....i kept cringing everytime he went back and forth on it, someone should have given him a heads up....terrible idea that was...

Back
Top Bottom