Little Brother “May The Lord Watch” NEW ALBUM 8/20

I can’t wait for this. LB is one of my all time favorite groups. A little disheartening that no 9th Wonder, but I’ll get over it.

95EE93D3-D9F5-4990-BFF0-C467FC1F69F9.png

99AF2B14-4400-4665-BCB0-34F9F3947C68.jpeg

LETS ****ING GO!!!!!

Been on a LB kick the past few days and man, between their catalogue and all the JL tapes, these dudes are severely overlooked, IMO. No 9th on the album is kinda trash, but hopefully that’ll come with time.

No 9th.

Khrysis is on there though, who IMO is just a notch below 9th. Sounds like he produced the entire project but can’t confirm that. Hopefully he did so that cohesiveness is there.

Last edited:
Really didn’t think an album would drop this soon. It was just last week that Phonte confirmed a new album and tour were on the way. Either way, I’m excited as hell

Reactions: GJR
As much as I would have loved 9th to rejoin and produce this; I’m glad Khrysis stepped in. Hopefully this album delivers.

No 9th.

Khrysis is on there though, who IMO is just a notch below 9th. Sounds like he produced the entire project but can’t confirm that. Hopefully he did so that cohesiveness is there.

This. I always wonder why 9th isnt on board.

9th's probably busy with Rhapsody and trying to get JamRoc up and running. All 3 of them said their in a great place and he will come in at some point work with the group, just not on a full time basis for now. Looking forward to this tour, especially if Nicolay can supply a few beats

Watching UBN
with everyone today album is fire
And I love how the skits gives nods to the other skits on the older albums
It doesn’t seem as short as it is
It flows really well
Feeling like 05 out here

I'm glad they're back. I just wish 9th was part of it too. I remember I was slightly late to The Listening. It got to the point that everybody in the Indie scene was talking about that album so I headed to my local Coconuts store and bought the album. Gamechanger. The Listening was the OST to my early college years. I was shocked when I learned they were from NC. They had that Native Tongues sound down to a science. Then they followed it up with The Minstrel Show which was another epic project with a strong concept. I've met Phonte and Big Pooh and seen them live. I've also seen Foreign Exchange live and met Nicolay and Darien Brockington as well. I also met The Away Team (Sean Boog and Khrysis) at Fat Beats. Looking forward to giving this a real listen.

I really enjoyed this album, but I can’t lie; I really want 9th back! Khrysis held his own, but the real formula is 9th on the boards producing Little Brother. I went back and listened to The Minstrel Show after this album, which is my favorite LB album and it really had me missing 9th.

Yeah 9th is most definitely missed. I have zero complaints about the new album b/c overall it’s dope. But yeah, LB without 9th isn’t quite the same.

Hopefully he can carve out some time down the road to work with Tay & Pooh, if they even intend to make more music together.

Great LP. I was good without 9th to be completely honest. Though I hope they get to collaborate soon.

Everything & Black Magic were straight outta '07 :pimp:.

Back
Top Bottom