Little Brother Appreciation Post Vol. Slept on!!!

Love these cats.....Def. appreciate them & all their dope tracks
...Red, Black, & White chevy
now I'm ridin' Deion...

Its just real good music , Phonte kills it and Pooh hold his own , has gotten better over the years . I would love to hear a Little brother x Devin The Dude track that would prolly be funny as hell and Oh yeah Percy Miracles is that dude
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
[center

Question, I want to get into Little Brother so bad...like I am into the Roots crew, tribe, mighty mos...but I just don't know where to start. Anyways, anyone suggest a good album that would be like, "your favorite" little brother album? I just feel like I am missing a puzzle piece in hip hop everytime my friends talk about these dudes...The only thing I remember hearing, well the last thing i've heard was them freestylin' over that 'i'm a G' beat.
TEAM NINJA
We are the dreamer's dreams.
We are what you're fighting in the dark
When you are fighting the unseen.​

^ get Chittlin Circuit 1.5, it's without a doubt their best work. then i'd say The Listening, then Minstrel Show.

i don't usually agree with Jape, but i kind of feel the same way. i wouldn't go as far as to say they're completely done, but they've become very stagnant and have been on a steady decline since Separate but Equal. i was always advocating for variety in production, but maybe they were better off with 9th...

^And therein lies the problem. I can remember a gang of people also calling for different production, myself one of them. Then they do it, and now they're damned. Just doesn't make sense to me, and it kind of shows how fickle us hip-hop fans are.

As long as those dudes continue to spit how they do, they'll never be "done". The sound on the newest joint is definitely a departure from the Little Brother norm that we've grown used to over the years. But by no means is it awful music. People just need to broaden their spectrum and untrain their ears to the 9th sound a little bit. If you can look past that, you'll see some good music there.
We livin' this cuz it's deep in our bones...​

if it wasnt for FF, Graduation, and American Gangster Getback would def be the best CD of 2007. these two are probably the best modern day duo in hip-hop ...NC standup

919 standup...the get back is a good cd. i'm actually feeling that track with wayne for some reason
You think superduperkya will go on a date with me ?

I just saw LB perform in Seattle and even though i'm not their biggest fan, they had the best performance i'v ever seen. They're so charismatic, phonte is a down right clown and they are much appreciated.

LB!!!!
I pity da foo who made dis post.

Quote:
: -->
mad.gif
Team PokerStars
"Duece, Seven... I'm ALL-IN"
"I'VE NEVER WORKED A DAY IN MY LIFE"​
John Madden​

they were slept on around CC 1.5 and Minstrel Show... now they're just not that good.. Phonte used to be one of the illest MC's out there, but he talks way too much, and their subject matter about women and women not understanding that they're not rich is all real boring
I'm A Producer Like Everyone Else

Back
Top Bottom