Living in 2009 APPRECIATION Vol. My grandpas life must have sucked

Joined Nov 10, 2007
This thread is pretty self explanatory. Think about where were are right now technologically. Just think about what you would be doing right now if it was theyear 1809. Tending the farm in the hot sun? Rounding up the slaves on the plantation? Maybe reading a book?

Not only do we have everything they had back then in a more efficient way, we have tons of !+#% that make everything easier.

-cell phones
(makes getting girls way easier)
-the internet

-cars

-laptops
-videogames

It's crazy to think what the world will be like when we're old considering how crazy things are now compared to what they were even 50 years ago.Technological growth is exponential so even as good as things are now, theyll get even better, faster.

On the other hand though some people will argue that its ruining society, making us fat, destroying the earth...sure that may be true, but save that for someother thread.

Joined Jul 16, 2002
Originally Posted by HKM206

On the other hand though some people will argue that its ruining society, making us fat, destroying the earth...sure that may be true, but save that for some other thread.

appreciated nonetheless when it comes to technology

Joined Jan 14, 2008

T On the other hand though some people will argue that its ruining society, making us fat, destroying the earth...sure that may be true, but save that for some other thread.

this is true but inevitable...as technology advances, our lives become easier..but it's what we want.. right?

Joined Apr 4, 2003

Just think about what you would be doing right now if it was the year 1909. Tending the farm in the hot sun? Rounding up the slaves on the plantation? Maybe reading a book?
Slaves? 1909? I think you need to pick up that book.

Joined Sep 16, 2003

This thread is pretty self explanatory. Think about where were are right now technologically. Just think about what you would be doing right now if it was the year 1909. Tending the farm in the hot sun? Rounding up the slaves on the plantation? Maybe reading a book?

Not only do we have everything they had back then in a more efficient way, we have tons of +%$+ that make everything easier.

-cell phones
(makes getting girls way easier)
-the internet

-cars

-laptops
-videogames

It's crazy to think what the world will be like when we're old considering how crazy things are now compared to what they were even 50 years ago. Technological growth is exponential so even as good as things are now, theyll get even better, faster.

On the other hand though some people will argue that its ruining society, making us fat, destroying the earth...sure that may be true, but save that for some other thread.

Yes, let us pick and choose what we like and appreciate it

'94-99 > _____

Joined Sep 11, 2008
sometimes I wish I was alive during the 70s so I could of beasted over Pam Grier, pushed a fleetwood, and jammed some Curtis Mayfield or Wille Hutch

Joined Mar 1, 2009
Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

Just think about what you would be doing right now if it was the year 1909. Tending the farm in the hot sun? Rounding up the slaves on the plantation? Maybe reading a book?

Joined Jan 27, 2006
my gramps got my grandma pregnant 11 years out of 12.

so i guess i know what i'd be doing back then..

Joined Nov 10, 2007
Alright so maybe i was 50 or so years off with the slavery, but the point was for emphasis. 100 years ago our lives would be drastically diffferent than whatthey are like now and I'm pretty happy I live now instead of back then.

Joined Sep 18, 2008
Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

Joined Nov 10, 2007
Originally Posted by General Johnson

100 years ago our lives would be drastically diffferent than what
they are like now
You don't say...

Nothing gets past this one.

I applaud you for taking that quote out of context. You trying to gain some e-fame or something?

Joined Apr 1, 2009

they are like now
You don't say...

I applaud you for taking that quote out of context. You trying to gain some e-fame or something?

Yeah. Am I famous yet?

frankdolla

Banned
Joined May 4, 2009
Originally Posted by hellaones

sometimes I wish I was alive during the 70s so I could of beasted over Pam Grier, pushed a fleetwood, and jammed some Curtis Mayfield or Wille Hutch
Applaud this man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jose cansec0

Banned
Joined Feb 3, 2009

quote of the year....

Joined Apr 14, 2004

they are like now
You don't say...

nah, you just dumb and stating the obvious.

jose cansec0

Banned
Joined Feb 3, 2009

they are like now
You don't say...

nah, you just dumb and stating the obvious.

got em!

Joined Apr 24, 2006
technology is appreciated

its scary to think how much more advanced society will get........IF humans survive the test of time

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Originally Posted by hellaones

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now