LL Cool J Calls Jay-Z A Glorified President

Quote:
i cant even name 2 songs off his last weed plate that he made
:x
sick.gif
Last FM​

Quote:
its jay's job to make the label money...nore aint gonna do that...LL aint gonna do that and budden wasnt gonna do that...he drops artists who he feels have the best chances of selling...

Agreed, but at some point is Def Jam even a hip hop label anymore??? Why not just sign straight pop acts then. They sign Nas because he comes with a built in gold fan base. If the record is good, word of mouth will enable him to sell more records. They saw him as a safe investment, not a progressive artist.
It's that bottom line type thinking that is stifling hip hop. And the fans love it. I've never seen music fans ride for big business like in hip hop. It's like dudes are living vicariously through Jay. They rhyme with the hopes that it will open the door to becoming a CEO one day.
I'm a fan, not an executive. The cookie-cutter hip hop they have been foisting off on the public is a shame. But hey, it's moving units though right???

When i saw this post i had a feeling it was going to end up like this

LL is right and he's wrong at the same time as most people are in his position.

Jay did somewhat run Rocafella records before he was the president of Def Jam so its unfair to say he has no experience in that facet of the game because he did bring out alot of good artists.

LL is very salty, he's at that point in his career, but he probably just needs to stick to acting and leave the music alone because he's embarassing himself, talk about tarnishing a career

KC>>>>anything LL has done since the GOAT

but Jay-Z probably shouldnt be Def Jam's president and he definitely shoulda put out a Joe Budden album and worked on a lot of albums that didnt get properly promoted since he's been there.

with that said do u think Jermaine Dupri or whoever else they woulda hired would be doing that much better of a job?

come on now...blaming it on the label is a classic rapper move and LL is doing it right now...the quality of his music been gone.he should retire.
Goooooooooonies​
...He looks determined without being ruthless..Something heroic in this man, there's a courage about him..Doesn't look like a killer..Comes across so calm, acts like he has a dreamFull of passion....

Quote:
with that said do u think Jermaine Dupri or whoever else they woulda hired would be doing that much better of a job?
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

this thread makes me wonder how ghost is getting out so much material in th last year (roughly).

fishscale, more fish and big doe rehab.
Got 3 vices; money, sex and Polo​

Mick Jagger isn't relevant...

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that while Jay isn't the best choice for Def Jam's president, LL certainly wouldn't be either.

And in the meantime, taking potshots at someone who is ostensibly your boss doesn't help your case, especially as said boss just put out an album being mentioned with his best efforts, and all you're doing is making terrible movies and worse albums. That's what I'm saying.

EDIT: Cursing.
TEAMMUSICFORUM

I dont understand how you can say Jay-Z needs to retire...but its a completely different story for LL :lol:
laugh.gif
Goooooooooonies
...He looks determined without being ruthless..Something heroic in this man, there's a courage about him..Doesn't look like a killer..Comes across so calm, acts like he has a dreamFull of passion....

I'm not really a big LL fan, but duke gets the "I'm a legend, I can put out albums till I die" pass from me. On the other side of things, LL has to realize that at this point Def Jam is not going to make him a priority. He has a nice little fan base. Thats all any artist deep into the game can ask for.

But the thing is cats is trying dust him off . . . And son, how you never heard "I Shot Ya" till the other day, and tryin dust LL off, that @#%$ don't even sound right?? How some of yall grew up on Jay but you ain't grow up on LL?? I mean Jay dropped in 96, LL was poppin like crazy in 96 and 11 years before that, now we in 07 and son had dropped like 4 top 5 singles in this decade also, so how can someone try to diss son, that @#%$ don't even sound right. I know alot of yall have love and affection for Jay Z and the music that he makes, but its preseident Carter . . . And Jay Z is a rapper, Jay Z the rapper isn't the dude at the label meetings, its Sean Carter doin that @#%$ . . .

Who can quote a line from "Rampage" the fastest?? I mean dudes don't know hip hop and wanna talk the @#%$, just don't make sense . . . Soundin like some @#%$ heads foreal. But it is what it is . . .
Nay Nimley . . . I'm The Same Cat
Controllin Where The Game At, And If You Tryin' Change That
I Know Where To Aim At . . .​
TEAMMUSICFORUM
"It Ain't A Classic Unless I Say So"

LL's sorry @#%$ can put out as many albums as he wants. its just that...
no ones going to buy
no ones going to market them
no ones going to even hear them
he needs to retire though...he isnt doing anything productive to his career.
really? whats the point of putting out garbage albums and having the same underwhelming amount of females buy it and nay nimley?
hes been fell off... alot harder than krs one.

F.C.BARCELONA
---myspace.com/JAPEsbeats---

nope. your a clown and funny to make fun of.

...who still goes to best buy to pick up the new cool j in fresh girl socks.

F.C.BARCELONA
---myspace.com/JAPEsbeats---

I mean foreal, do you work?? Or is trying to jumpstart your comedy career via NT you're only job?? I'm laughin tho, so somethin is clicking I guess . . . Prolly not the way you expected tho. I mean my son like 25 prolly, tryin throw lunch table insults . . . @#%$ ain't funny fam . . . @#%$ I'm laughin tho, its ok tho . . .
TEAMMUSICFORUM

Quote:
But the thing is cats is trying dust him off . . . And son, how you never heard "I Shot Ya" till the other day, and tryin dust LL off, that don't even sound right??
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Quote:
^^^^^ I'm not sure you're aware of what LL means to Def Jam or to hip hop, so how you tryin comment on the ?? How you tryin dust a dude off that made it possible for some of you ungrateful kids in the burbs could even hear this , sometimes I wish hip hop would've just stayed in the inner city and never became such a big business, its a doubled edged sword . . .
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
0]
alien.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

Quote:
Starvin Harlem, I don't think people are unwilling to acknowledge your boy's contribution to Hip-Hop, but rather are basing their opinions on the music he is currently putting out.

Prodigy gets ****ted on all the time in here, but I'm not going to bring up The Infamous, Hell On Earth, just to prove the point that dude was a great artist.

Let the past go.
Goooooooooonies

laugh.gif
this N' love defending artists that nobody likes. I swear if everybody liked LL he'd be supporting Hov. Arguing just for the sake of it.

Shoot at your feet, make you do the Puff dance to perfection.

^^^^^ I'm not sure you're aware of what LL means to Def Jam or to hip hop, so how you tryin comment on the @#%$?? How you tryin dust a dude off that made it possible for some of you ungrateful kids in the burbs could even hear this @#%$, sometimes I wish hip hop would've just stayed in the inner city and never became such a big business, its a doubled edged sword . . .
TEAMMUSICFORUM

Starvin Harlem, I don't think people are unwilling to acknowledge your boy's contribution to Hip-Hop, but rather are basing their opinions on the music he is currentlywas a great artist.

Let the past go.
Shoot at your feet, make you do the Puff dance to perfection.

Back
Top Bottom