LMAO Kenyan Martin "April Fools Day %@@**" *Update* Audio on page 3

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5051607

On a night when the Denver Nuggets should have been celebrating a much-needed victory over the Portland Trail Blazers, the franchise continued to struggle with off-the-court issues when an April Fools' Day joke sparked anything but laughter.
During Denver's 109-92 victory, a former Nuggets ball boy, Laquan Johnson, got into the club's locker room, took Kenyon Martin's car keys and filled the player's Range Rover with buttered popcorn. The car had a white interior.

515.jpg

Martin

Martin discovered the damage as he was about to exit Denver's Pepsi Center. At the time, he had no idea who had pulled the prank. Angered, he went back to the locker room spewing profanities and threats at teammates and other members of the organization.

"That ain't no [expletive] joke," Martin said. "I'm going to find out who did it ... put my [expletive] hands on one of y'all. I'm going to put my hands on whoever did it. You better believe that. It's [expletive] personal. You better believe it."

Martin, who has missed 15 games with a torn patella tendon in his left knee, threatened to boycott the postseason if he did not find out who was responsible.

"How 'bout if I don't play in the playoffs until somebody tells me who did it," Martin said more than once.

Martin stormed in and out of the locker room several times, and a person close to him said his anger was not over the prank, but over the fact that someone could go into his pocket and take his keys during a game. Realizing the culprit had to have access to the private code for the team's gated parking lot, he assumed members of the organization either pulled the stunt or assisted in it.

"The fact that no one saw it or had anything to say about it -- not security, not the equipment manager," a person close to Martin said, explaining the player's anger. "Somebody had to see it. He was wondering how the organization let something like that happen. What if the kid had really wanted to do something evil?"

Later, Martin found out Johnson, the former ball boy who is now the driver for teammate J.R. Smith, was responsible. Johnson apologized to Martin and agreed to pay for the damage to his car.

"It was just an April Fools joke that went horribly wrong," said a member of the Nuggets organization who spoke on the condition of anonymity. "The kid thought it would be funny and it wasn't. Kenyon was back at practice today and everything was fine between him and his teammates."

The episode was the latest in a string of distractions Denver has had to deal with lately. Once regarded as the Western Conference's top challenger to the Los Angeles Lakers, the Nuggets have all but fallen apart down the stretch.

With Martin out and coach George Karl missing games while getting treatment for throat cancer, Denver had lost five of six games before defeating Portland. That stretch dropped them from the second seed to the fifth seed in the West.

Martin, who cannot guarantee he'll be healthy for the playoffs, said before Thursday's game that he hopes to return for the last regular season game or two.

Chris Broussard cover the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

M_Brawl

@Cool__Jay LMAO Damn he really had Butter leathers in the whip
roll.gif

YO!

The writer would've been clever to put pauses in all of Martin's quotes.

nerd.gif

DF!!!

talked about in the NBA thread, but I hope this will allow the Nuggets to continue to unravel and be "upset" should they end up matched up against the Thunder

laugh.gif
Can't even front, I'd be hot and would probably spazz too if  they put buttered popcorn in my XF coupe (my baby that I just purchased) . That *+!@ leaves serious grease stains.

Ol boyshould've done the styrofoam joints that come in packages in the mail. Like what Lou Amusodon did to Shaq last year. Though I'd still be angry, I could find this mildly amusing

^ True. thats kind of a jerk move using BUTTERED popcorn.... thats really foul..

Kenyon Martin is so tough....
eyes.gif

You just KNOW it wasn't all the ballboy's idea. Hopefully JR paid him pretty well to take the fall.

laugh.gif
at anyone believing a ballboy had the nerve to do this.

Dude took a bullet straight to the throat for someone.

Things went bad last year with the pranks with the Sacramento Kings. Somebody put buttered popcorn in Jason Thompson's escalade and Donte Greene was @+$#*%' with Bobby Jackson's white CLS AMG. Things got heated and needless to say Donte Greene got reprimanded...

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Things went bad last year with the pranks with the Sacramento Kings. Somebody put buttered popcorn in Jason Thompson's escalade and Donte Greene was @+$#*%' with Bobby Jackson's white CLS AMG. Things got heated and needless to say Donte Greene got reprimanded...

bobby_car_medium.jpg

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

"How 'bout if I don't play in the playoffs until somebody tells me who did it," Martin said more than once.
roll.gif

Easily the funniest part of this whole situation.

roll.gif
i could just imagine Carmelo having that smirk in his corner or something.

roll.gif
the funny thing is as I was going thtough this post, I was watching chappelle's "when keeping it real goes wrong"

interesting coincidence
laugh.gif

I would have been pissed if I was K-Mart too.....

Stupid $!$ getting the all white interior
smh.gif
Prolly got plenty of stains in there before the popcorn went in
laugh.gif
That buttered popcorn was probably cleaner than Trina's $!$, and she rides in that whip all the time.

That prank wasn't even funny....if you're going to do a prank, do it to a guy who at least looks like he has a sense of humor.

smh.gif
JR....

Back
Top Bottom