LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Tonight Rich Rod was asked (audio 6:01 in) if any of the WRs would have the opportunity to wear the #1 jersey this season:
Rodriguez: "You know we haven’t discussed the #1 jersey in about, I guess, almost two years now.  I think the last time that was brought up was probably the last time it was discussed.   It’s not retired but I guess it’s semi-retired at the moment."

He chuckled in the middle of that as well.  Clearly there are no plans for the numero uno to appear in Ann Arbor any time soon.

My take?  He said basically the opposite of what I was hoping for.  I was hoping this was at least on the coaches mind, something they evaluate every season, and that there were a couple guys in "the running".   Oh well.  I do understand Rich Rod wanting to steer clear of it given what happened the first go round.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

EnEyeKayEe wrote:
I might be extremely late on this but I found out why Les was never offered the Michigan gig.
I've heard all the speculation, but what exactly are you referring to my dude?
nerd.gif

Yeah I'm talking about the affair with Moeller's wife. I guess I'm extremely late on this 
laugh.gif

he was offered a job..but got caught up at LSU when herby leaked it. this is coming straight from a former player who used to work for the victors until a few months ago
nerd.gif

but i see us going 8-5 either winning in the bowl game or against osu (at least i hope
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Nickell Robey named starting nickelback and possible punt returner.  CLK also says he has a chance to start opposite of Shareece. 

MY SON!!! Hes gonna Make so many plays out west.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Professor YKK

I see Harbaugh leaving for the NFL before he goes to any other college job.
THIS

and most people around harbaugh have said he wants a NFL job. if your michigan why bring in a HC who may leave in a year or so?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Professor YKK

I see Harbaugh leaving for the NFL before he goes to any other college job.
THIS

and most people around harbaugh have said he wants a NFL job. if your michigan why bring in a HC who may leave in a year or so?

Harbaugh is a Michigan guy. It's not like Michigan is a low end school, If he goes to Michigan he's not leaving.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

This dude Saban has an automatic door closer for his office. He probably mind %%%$# the hell out of some of the players that come in there for meetings with him.

Originally Posted by agold1002

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

EnEyeKayEe wrote:
I might be extremely late on this but I found out why Les was never offered the Michigan gig.
I've heard all the speculation, but what exactly are you referring to my dude?
nerd.gif
Yeah I'm talking about the affair with Moeller's wife. I guess I'm extremely late on this 
laugh.gif

he was offered a job..but got caught up at LSU when herby leaked it. this is coming straight from a former player who used to work for the victors until a few months ago
nerd.gif

but i see us going 8-5 either winning in the bowl game or against osu (at least i hope
laugh.gif
)
Well your source definitely sounds more legit than mine.

And used LSU for leverage plus caused Chris Garrett to transfer.

Mad Hatter bet big and lost hard. QB and depth issues. O man
smh.gif

Les Miles was so sure that he was going to be able to keep Zach Lee on campus, too.

The Florida, Penn State, and Virginia 247Sports sites have gone live. The message boards are up and running, and articles should start getting posted this week. The database is supposed to be up and running by the middle of September, with all sites going live by November. They focused on social networking and mobile technologies while creating it, so all of the sites should be really clean and easy to navigate. I was messing around on there earlier, and I really liked the interface.

And Von Miller has a new haircut:
146249301.jpg

laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Nickell Robey named starting nickelback and possible punt returner.  CLK also says he has a chance to start opposite of Shareece.

MY SON!!! Hes gonna Make so many plays out west.

pimp.gif
1st interview from today:

In the end, Christian LeMay and his family didn’t like any of their options. So they have chosen none of the above.

LeMay, a five-star quarterback from Butler High School in Matthews, N.C., who has committed to the University of Georgia, has decided to forego his senior year of high school and will complete academic requirements “in a private setting,â€

Originally Posted by tmay407

In the end, Christian LeMay and his family didn’t like any of their options. So they have chosen none of the above.

LeMay, a five-star quarterback from Butler High School in Matthews, N.C., who has committed to the University of Georgia, has decided to forego his senior year of high school and will complete academic requirements “in a private setting,â€

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

National Champions
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
When you only play 1-2 real games a year, you should be 
indifferent.gif

**I think they made this cover for like every team because I saw an Ohio State one today with those exact titles on them

4 Teams. Not All.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

National Champions
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
When you only play 1-2 real games a year, you should be 
indifferent.gif

**I think they made this cover for like every team because I saw an Ohio State one today with those exact titles on them
4 Teams. Not All.

ah ok, top 4 I'm assuming?  I live in Illinois so this might not be everywhere else out of big 10 land but there was also another sports illustrated magazine where Pryor was on the cover, another with Stanzi, John Clay (I think, didn't see it in person), and one with a few players from different big 10 teams.  I can't find the Pryor one anywhere in my town, only Stanzi 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom