LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

roll.gif

roll.gif

I was gonna quote just
but after I saw pictures of him posing with Wayfarer glasses in Glamour Shots pictures before his signing I realized he was not UGA material.

but that whole post is hilarious. Omega Moo
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Miami Northwestern won the NIke 7on7 again.
pimp.gif
Martin beat Northwestern yesterday
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

The comments on Deadspin's "article" about Da'rick had me rolling.
-Chubby chasin with a 4.19/40
-He's got courage all right...
-Later that evening he was was given a DUI for operating heavy machinery.
-Da'Rick meets Da'Thick.
-First and foremost, the Mangolds are a football family.
-This isn't anything untoward, she's part of the Tennessee Hostess[emoji]174[/emoji] program.
-Loyalty. Courage. Fat Chicks. Hard Lemonade.
-Yeah, my name is Rick, but most people call me "Da' Rick."
-Rogers originally committed to UGA, but defected and signed with rival UT.
Was that before or after getting the "Loyalty" tat?
-Putting in that All U Can Eat Buffet has worked out nicely for the kid.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

@#!@,we aren't getting +@+# in this class. On the bright side, Nubian Peakand Tahrick Peak both transferred out of our program to Texas Tech;nobody will say why. That frees up 2 schollies for this year though(assuming we can get anybody to come here
laugh.gif
)
I've been meaning to ask you about them. Are they good?

Landon Turner and Marquise Williams expected to announce for UNC tomorrow.

@#!@, we aren't getting +@+# in this class. On the bright side, Nubian Peak and Tahrick Peak both transferred out of our program to Texas Tech; nobody will say why. That frees up 2 schollies for this year though (assuming we can get anybody to come here
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

@#!@,we aren't getting +@+# in this class. On the bright side, Nubian Peakand Tahrick Peak both transferred out of our program to Texas Tech;nobody will say why. That frees up 2 schollies for this year though(assuming we can get anybody to come here
laugh.gif
)
I've been meaning to ask you about them. Are they good?

Nubian has elite speed, he was one of the top 2 or 3 fastest players on the team. He's 5'10 180 +$@ and runs a legit 4.4 (has been reported faster but those times are always dubious). He was a RB in HS (we switched him to slot receiver) but played in a low division against subpar competition and was lightly recruited (low 3 star). He is definitely a guy to watch as a playmaking  slot WR or kick returner. I think he may have decided to transfer because of our crowded depth chart at receiver (even though he's pretty much the only guy on the team that fits the slot mold perfectly) and to follow his brother.

His little brother was the one who went to TT first; apparently because he didn't take care of business academically after we accepted him (don't know how that worked out since he still made it to TT). He projected as probably a whip for us, he's too undersized to play LB; also his speed was grossly overstated he doesn't run a 4.45. I never was that excited about him as a prospect, even though he was rated higher than his brother.  Also I heard that he basically faked/overexaggerated an injury his senior season of HS because his team sucked and he didn't want to risk injury. That's not definitely true but it was stated by somebody from Pulaski (their home county) on VT messageboards.

My guess is that Nubian will get some PT for sure at special teams and maybe some work in the slot, if I had to guess I wouldn't think Tahrick sees the field until he bulks up a little.

[h3]http://usc.ocregister.com/2010/07/0...ering-controversy-what-really-happened/42443/[/h3]
[h3]USC football: The Dillon Baxter tampering controversy … what really happened?[/h3][h4]July 9th, 2010, 7:00 am · 40 Comments · posted by Michael Lev, staff writer[/h4]
The Dillon Baxter-Mike Garrett story is strange even by USC standards.

To review:
  • On June 11, or Day 1 A.S. (After Sanctions), ESPN.com reported that freshman tailback Baxter told the USC compliance department that five schools illegally contacted him about transferring.
  • On July 7, multiple outlets reported that AD Garrett sent letters of apology to the five schools, saying Baxter “has now confirmed that he did not receive a call from your institution.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

[h3]http://usc.ocregister.com/2010/07/0...ering-controversy-what-really-happened/42443/[/h3]
[h3]USC football: The Dillon Baxter tampering controversy … what really happened?[/h3][h4]July 9th, 2010, 7:00 am · 40 Comments · posted by Michael Lev, staff writer[/h4]
The Dillon Baxter-Mike Garrett story is strange even by USC standards.

To review:
  • On June 11, or Day 1 A.S. (After Sanctions), ESPN.com reported that freshman tailback Baxter told the USC compliance department that five schools illegally contacted him about transferring.
  • On July 7, multiple outlets reported that AD Garrett sent letters of apology to the five schools, saying Baxter “has now confirmed that he did not receive a call from your institution.

Georgia football players Dontavius Jackson and Tavarres King were arrested early this morning by UGA Police, according to Clarke County Jail records.

Jackson, 20, a backup running back, was charged with sixmisdemeanors: driving under the influence of alcohol, underagepossession of alcohol, following too closely, leaving the scene of anaccident, violation of the move-over law and violation of learner’spermit.

King, 19, a starting wide receiver, was charged with underage possession of alcohol.

Jackson was booked into the Clarke County Jail at 6:25 a.m. and hasnot been released. King was jailed at 5:55 a.m. and released at 7:05a.m. on $500 bond.

Knuckleheads...
smh.gif

Its the summer, what do you expect
laugh.gif

And football all day on ESPNU. All the Championship games from last year I believe

Originally Posted by dreClark

Its the summer, what do you expect
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It's hot as hell down here too. Folks can't think straight...

At least Damon Evans can put him on to a good DUI lawyer...

Marquise Williams (4* QB) just committed to the Heels.
[table][tr][td]Heels Land QB[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
819047.jpg

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
By http:///search.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=4&c=1&search=1&sskey=%22">http://search.scout.com/a...p;search=1&sskey="' + author + '%22&sssiteid=78&type=2';">Inside Carolina Staff

Posted Jul 10, 2010
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...e=RT @InsideCarolina {{title}} {{url}}&lng=enhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...nounced his decision. He's a Tar Heel.&lng=enhttp://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py...olina.scout.com/2/983042.html&n=Heels Land QBhttp://northcarolina.scout.com/2/983042.html#email-a-friend-windowhttp://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=10&c=983042&refid=4781|More

CHARLOTTE, N.C. --- Marquise Williams stepped to the podium on Saturday afternoon at the Mallard Creek High School gymnasium and announced his decision. He's a Tar Heel.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Williams, a 6-3, 215-pound quarterback, chose UNC over finalists Michigan and Virginia Tech.
He says he also received scholarship offers from Boston College, East Carolina, Florida, Kansas, Kansas State, LSU, Louisville, NC State, Notre Dame, South Florida, Syracuse, UCLA and Wake Forest.

Williams is rated a four-star prospect and the nation's No. 15 quarterback by Scout.com. Inside Carolina's Don Callahan ranks Williams the No. 4 overall prospect in the state of North Carolina.

Williams is North Carolina's second highly regarded quarterback commitment for its 2011 class, joining Myrtle Beach (S.C.) High's Everett Golson.

Last season in Mallard Creek’s spread offense, Williams accounted for 40 touchdowns, while accumulating roughly 2,000 yards passing and 1,500 rushing yards.

He is the cousin of former Tar Heel Robert Williams.

Marquise Williams Profile
[/td][/tr][/table]

Landon Turner (4* OT) announces tomorrow at 1 PM.

glasses.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Georgia football players Dontavius Jackson and Tavarres King were arrested early this morning by UGA Police, according to Clarke County Jail records.

Jackson, 20, a backup running back, was charged with sixmisdemeanors: driving under the influence of alcohol, underagepossession of alcohol, following too closely, leaving the scene of anaccident, violation of the move-over law and violation of learner’spermit.

King, 19, a starting wide receiver, was charged with underage possession of alcohol.

Jackson was booked into the Clarke County Jail at 6:25 a.m. and hasnot been released. King was jailed at 5:55 a.m. and released at 7:05a.m. on $500 bond.

Knuckleheads...
smh.gif

Dontavious might get the boot since he was not getting burn anyway.  TK will probably get a 1 game suspension if I were to guess.

Originally Posted by firered18

hmmm...
[h1][/h1]

So you're saying that opting not to play USC  the first game of a season where you're gonna play Cincy and UNC for nonconference foes, THEN have road games at Arkansas Bama and Florida, AND home games against UGA and LSU is being chicken?? get real son.
 Oh and I was on camps when the brawl went down, the report says D.Myles was hiding from the cops near the dorm I was staying in
laugh.gif

It's not like their a title contender anyway.  Might as well put your money where your mouth is.  All the UT fans talking !@@$ (for the record, the UT fans on here are straight, but the trolls run rampant on CFB boards).  There is a possibility of not playing in a bowl game, so Lane is trying to fill that with high profile games.  The Chick-Fil-A Kickoff would give both teams a prime time slot, and revenue.

Why not?

UT seems scared that Lane will drop 50?

I'm sure UT fans want to see UT vs. USC more than anyone and I'm also sure that Lane is pissed that UT submitted that list.

UT has all this built up bitterness, should've accepted the invite.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

DJ Shoemate transferring to UConn...
grin.gif

Josh Shirley asked and received his release from his UCLA LOI...
nerd.gif

he doesnt want to sit out half the year and go to a JC like RN told him to since he got in trouble

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Marquise Williams (4* QB) just committed to the Heels.
[table][tr][td]Heels Land QB[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
819047.jpg

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
By http:///search.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=4&c=1&search=1&sskey=%22">http://search.scout.com/a...p;search=1&sskey="' + author + '%22&sssiteid=78&type=2';">Inside Carolina Staff

Posted Jul 10, 2010
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...e=RT @InsideCarolina {{title}} {{url}}&lng=enhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...nounced his decision. He's a Tar Heel.&lng=enhttp://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py...olina.scout.com/2/983042.html&n=Heels Land QBhttp://northcarolina.scout.com/2/983042.html#email-a-friend-windowhttp://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=10&c=983042&refid=4781|More

CHARLOTTE, N.C. --- Marquise Williams stepped to the podium on Saturday afternoon at the Mallard Creek High School gymnasium and announced his decision. He's a Tar Heel.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Williams, a 6-3, 215-pound quarterback, chose UNC over finalists Michigan and Virginia Tech.
He says he also received scholarship offers from Boston College, East Carolina, Florida, Kansas, Kansas State, LSU, Louisville, NC State, Notre Dame, South Florida, Syracuse, UCLA and Wake Forest.

Williams is rated a four-star prospect and the nation's No. 15 quarterback by Scout.com. Inside Carolina's Don Callahan ranks Williams the No. 4 overall prospect in the state of North Carolina.

Williams is North Carolina's second highly regarded quarterback commitment for its 2011 class, joining Myrtle Beach (S.C.) High's Everett Golson.

Last season in Mallard Creek’s spread offense, Williams accounted for 40 touchdowns, while accumulating roughly 2,000 yards passing and 1,500 rushing yards.

He is the cousin of former Tar Heel Robert Williams.

Marquise Williams Profile
[/td][/tr][/table]

Landon Turner (4* OT) announces tomorrow at 1 PM.

glasses.gif

Sigh, and he's also going to announce for you guys. And Watford chose UVA today. I feel like our staff just doesn't try hard enough when it comes to recruiting. Sure they are good at finding talent that others miss, but it would be a whole lot easier if they also bothered to make a hard push for the guys that everybody else knows are good too
laugh.gif
For all the !+%$ I've given to Stinespring, he's actually a very good recruiter. Only problem is his region is way too small and they don't let him recruit enough. We only have two other guys on staff who I would consider good recruiters (Torrian Gray and Cavanaugh). Everybody else is woefully below average. Bud Foster is a great coach, but he is a pretty bad recruiter. Billy Hite (our RB coach) doesn't even recruit at all. He has pulled something like 2 recruits over the last 4 years.
smh.gif

Travis Hughes came to our camp today; I hope they make a big push to get him. Hopefullly since you guys just took another LB he'll be more likely to come here now, but I don't have a good feeling about it. If it came down to it I'd rather have Curits Grant, but I don't like our chances with him either with Bama and Florida on him. Our coaches seem to think that because we started recruiting him in 9th grade it's ok to take a hands off approach at the end; look how well that worked with Golson
eyes.gif
With our already limited scholarship numbers, this was a chance to get a small group of very high quality guys; but we needed to work that much harder to convince people to come here. Instead it looks like they took the same exact approach they do every year. We've already lost a number of guys we had rated high on our list (namely Holts) to UNC and the future doesn't look good.

Lyndell Johnson commits to Oklahoma State.

They're quietly putting together a pretty solid class.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Jackson, 20, a backup running back, was charged with six misdemeanors: driving under the influence of alcohol, underage possession of alcohol, following too closely, leaving the scene of an accident, violation of the move-over law and violation of learner’s permit.

Jackson was booked into the Clarke County Jail at 6:25 a.m. and has not been released. King was jailed at 5:55 a.m. and released at 7:05 a.m. on $500 bond.

Knuckleheads...
smh.gif

Wouldn't be shocked at all if Jackson got kicked off.  They were saying that TK might get 6 games!? 

hmmm...
[h1][/h1]

So you're saying that opting not to play USC  the first game of a season where you're gonna play Cincy and UNC for nonconference foes, THEN have road games at Arkansas Bama and Florida, AND home games against UGA and LSU is being chicken?? get real son.
 Oh and I was on camps when the brawl went down, the report says D.Myles was hiding from the cops near the dorm I was staying in
laugh.gif

It's not like their a title contender anyway.  Might as well put your money where your mouth is.  All the UT fans talking !@@$ (for the record, the UT fans on here are straight, but the trolls run rampant on CFB boards).  There is a possibility of not playing in a bowl game, so Lane is trying to fill that with high profile games.  The Chick-Fil-A Kickoff would give both teams a prime time slot, and revenue.

Why not?

I'm sure UT fans want to see UT vs. USC more than anyone and I'm also sure that Lane is pissed that UT submitted that list.

First you should let Dooley go to USC recruit a bunch of players and a week before recruiting ends go to tennessee and take some of those recruits with him. 
Also why didnt lane kiffin try to get this game when he was at tennessee? because he knew they were rebuilding? Hell, he couldnt even beat UCLA.

Oh yeah we have an open date first game of the year in 2011, i would love for us to play mighty USC 
laugh.gif

MIAMI HERALD: Even before he enrolls, UM already is reaping the benefits of Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater's oral commitment. He not only led the South Florida Express to the 7-on-7 national championship this month, but he's doing a sales job on recruits. ``Athletes cling to him,'' Express coach Brett Goetz said. ``Because of his performance, it could help Miami tremendously.''

Goetz said Texas' Chris Barnett, rivals.com's 15th-best tight end in the 2011 class, recently decommitted from Oklahoma and is strongly considering UM after talking to Bridgewater. He said Bridgewater made a case for Beverly Hills' Greg Townsend (the nation's top defensive end), and Goetz said USC oral commitment/elite receiver Victor Blackwell now plans to visit Miami after talking with Bridgewater. Coveted Coral Gables linebacker Denzel Perryman also likes Bridgewater, which helps UM's chances.

Teddy a better recruiter than our own staff
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bamaboy256

hmmm...
[h1][/h1]

laugh.gif

Why not?

First you should let Dooley go to USC recruit a bunch of players and a week before recruiting ends go to tennessee and take some of those recruits with him. 
Also why didnt lane kiffin try to get this game when he was at tennessee? because he knew they were rebuilding? Hell, he couldnt even beat UCLA.

Oh yeah we have an open date first game of the year in 2011, i would love for us to play mighty USC 
laugh.gif

markey_mark_wtf.gif

Back
Top Bottom