LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

FORMER WASHINGTON TIGHT END PLANS TO ENROLL AT NEBRASKA...SNITCHES

Just six months ago, Nebraska fans fretted over the college decision of a big-time recruit from the Pacific Northwest. Portland defensive end Owa Odighizuwa picked UCLA over NU and Oregon State on signing day.

On Monday, with much less fanfare, the Huskers landed a Seattle-area prospect with credentials arguably as impressive. Tight end Kavario Middleton is set to transfer next week to NU from Washington after he was kicked off the team at UW less than four weeks ago.

And it sounds like Middleton landed in Lincoln for many of the same reasons that might have scared off Odighizuwa.

Middleton, you see, after a turbulent experience, expects to benefit from the stable environment at Nebraska. Let’s just say it’s not exactly Miami or Los Angeles.

“I just think there was something about Nebraska that excited him,

Originally Posted by airblaster503

It will really depend though on the new sophomore QB Ryan Katz, dude has a good arm but idk if he will be able to stay calm enough especially in that environment.
He aint never seen a defense like this, I have a feeling he will have a long day, at least thats what I am hoping for. The Rodgers brothers are nice, but Coach Patterson and his D have been able to contain RB's better than Jacquizz. The TCU offense is going to be nice this year also. Most likely better than last season. Senior QB leading the NCAA in wins, solid receiving core, and one of the deepest backfields I have ever seen at TCU.

Im thinking TCU 31- Oregon State 17

Wish you could make it to the game. Its going to be a good one. I got some nice lower level tickets on the TCU 20 yard line or so.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Im scared of TCU this yr, in a bad way. every yr I expect them to show up, they blow it. last yr, I didnt expect much after they loss those RBS and they played HUGE.

this yr, I expect a few problems on Defense wthout Hughes and I think they lost 5 starters... we'll see.

Kerley is back and thats my guy ! *thumbs Up*

In my opinion, they defense might take a small step back, but Patterson has gotten the defense to a point where they can just reload instead of totally rebuild. I think the corners will be fine. I am more interested in who replaces Hughes. There is a battle between 3 players for that spot right now.  I also think the offense will pick up any slack the defense might leave. Last season was the first time Patterson has had a legitimate offense since he has taken over.

With Andy Dalton, Matthew Tucker, Jeremy Kerley, Jimmy Young, Antoine Hicks, and a solid offensive line, I am expecting big things from the offense barring any injuries. I still dont know if this team will be as good as last seasons though. There was something special about that team last year.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Oregon State will ruin both Boise St. and TCU's dreams of competing for a National Championship
pimp.gif
  Rodgers brothers are going to do work

indifferent.gif
Nah bro.

You coming to the game?
I wish, but unemployment is a @*#$%.  They have a package that includes tickets, transportation to the stadium and plane tickets along with a private tour of the stadium and a party for like $500 out of Portland.  If I got a job today though I would book that $++%, but right now it is a no go.  Good chance I will go to the Boise St. game though.  I think it will be a close game, Oregon State pulling out the victory by a slight margin in the end.  It will really depend though on the new sophomore QB Ryan Katz, dude has a good arm but idk if he will be able to stay calm enough especially in that environment.

Boise State will beat Oregon St. backhandedly.

BSU does not lose at home
pimp.gif

Come to think of it BSU rarely loses ever.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

pimp.gif

I HATE your team with a passion. Whether it be the blue turf, the gimmicky trick plays, or whatever, I cant stand Boise's program. With that said, I cant decide if I want to root for yall against Virgina Tech or not.

On one hand, TCU needs yall to lose since you are starting ahead of us. On the other hand, BSU is about to join the MWC and I want the conference to look good and BSU winning would help do that. I cant decide which would be more beneficial.

pimp.gif

I HATE your team with a passion. Whether it be the blue turf, the gimmicky trick plays, or whatever, I cant stand Boise's program. With that said, I cant decide if I want to root for yall against Virgina Tech or not.

On one hand, TCU needs yall to lose since you are starting ahead of us. On the other hand, BSU is about to join the MWC and I want the conference to look good and BSU winning would help do that. I cant decide which would be more beneficial.
What reason would you have to hate our team (outside of losing in the Fiesta Bowl)

Our "trick plays" are ran as real plays in the playbook and are not used on 4th and 19 type of situations. Sorry that our coaches dont spend the time before bowl games traveling to awards shows and giving speeches and soaking in media attention *ahem* Gary Patterson *ahem*

The Blue turf is a hit or miss thing with most people, personally I like it because we never lost a game their when I went to school.

Our program does more with less than any other school in the country. We have the best coach in the country in Chris Petersen and recruit relatively high caliber kids.

The MTW needs Boise to step up and win a ton of games so we can become an AQ conference.

Look at this way, now you will get a chance every year to play us.

The Gridiron - Episode 2 from Kansas Jayhawks on Vimeo.

pimp.gif

Damn this Kansas Series/footage is Dope.

More schools should do this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This is so dope
pimp.gif
I was soo mad when it ended it was that good. I agree, I think if Kansas can do it almost better than the NFL version in 8 mins, Imagine FSU or Michigan, USC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Btw, dude at the end sounded like a Lil Wayne 2.0 haha

What reason would you have to hate our team (outside of losing in the Fiesta Bowl)

Dont get me wrong, I respect your team, and think yall have a good program. I just hate yall.

Our "trick plays" are ran as real plays in the playbook and are not used on 4th and 19 type of situations.
Yall fake punted against us on 4th down in the Fiesta Bowl
indifferent.gif

Sorry that our coaches dont spend the time before bowl games traveling to awards shows and giving speeches and soaking in media attention *ahem* Gary Patterson *ahem*
Sorry our coach wins awards. Damn, what was he thinking...

The Blue turf is a hit or miss thing with most people, personally I like it because we never lost a game their when I went to school.
The blue turf is a joke and everyone knows it except Boise fans.

Now that yall have a legitimate team and dont need it for attention, BSU should really think about changing it.

We have the best coach in the country in Chris Petersen
Calm down, he is a good coach, but in my opinion, I would take Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Mack Brown, and Gary Patterson over Petersen.

pimp.gif

Dude sounds very salty.

Originally Posted by RoOk

The Gridiron - Episode 2

pimp.gif

Damn this Kansas Series/footage is Dope.

More schools should do this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This is so dope
pimp.gif
I was soo mad when it ended it was that good. I agree, I think if Kansas can do it almost better than the NFL version in 8 mins, Imagine FSU or Michigan, USC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Btw, dude at the end sounded like a Lil Wayne 2.0 haha
pimp.gif

Greg Brown: "When you look good, you play good."
smokin.gif

Cant wait to see what Gill can do at KU in the next few years. Hopefully another trip to the Orange Bowl is in the future.

As far as this BSU hate, I think most people who arent fans of the team hate them. I know I do.

Where Are You Harold Miner 2 wrote:

We have the best coach in the country in Chris Petersen
Calm down, he is a good coach, but in my opinion, I would take Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Mack Brown, and Gary Patterson over Petersen.

2 of those coaches we beat in a bowl game
indifferent.gif

Yes we lost once to Gary Patterson, but he got outcoached in the Fiesta Bowl, and CP wins coaching awards as well he just focus on "coaching" more than the awards circuit.

The one thing that blew my mind is that you guys did not work on a silent count for the Fiesta Bowl......
nerd.gif

Both VT and Boise St. are gonna wear new Pro Combat uniforms on Labor Day.

There was a lot of confusion with people thinking that we were just hearing about the new standard uniforms for this year, but the unis for Boise are apparently a separate design altogether (confirmed by the standard uniform info guy on VT messageboards
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

There was a lot of confusion with people thinking that we were just hearing about the new standard uniforms for this year, but the unis for Boise are apparently a separate design altogether (confirmed by the standard uniform info guy on VT messageboards
laugh.gif
).

I had heard that we were getting Pro Combat Uni's for the year, people were speculating that they would be debuted for the Oregon State game though. It seems like NIKE would want to split that up for more exposure but who knows
ohwell.gif

The other schools getting them are: Alabama, Boise State, Florida, Miami (Fla.), Ohio State, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, TCU, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

Originally Posted by AirMaxBuckeye

Michigan heads...what happened to Woolfolk?
nerd.gif

Dislocated ankle? Broken leg?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Troy Woolfolk injured at practice[/h1]

By Adam Rittenberg
EPSN.com
Archive

Michigan senior cornerback Troy Woolfolk suffered a "lower body injury" in Tuesday's practice and had to be taken to a local hospital.

[h4]Big Ten blog[/h4]
rittenberg_adam_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg writes about all things Big Ten in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

Head coach Rich Rodriguez said in a statement that Woolfolk was transported to University of Michigan hospital with the team physician. Rodriguez didn't elaborate on the injury, citing medical privacy rights.

Woolfolk started all 12 games last season, six at both cornerback and safety, and is the most experienced member of the Wolverines' secondary. He recorded 46 tackles and a pass breakup in 2009.

The cornerback position has been hit particularly hard recently at Michigan.

All-Big Ten selection Donovan Warren left a year early for the NFL, and reserve J.T. Turner last week was granted his release from the team. Top recruit Demar Dorsey, a candidate to play corner and safety, was denied admission in June.

Woolfolk is the son of former Michigan running back Butch Woolfolk who played seven seasons in the NFL.

Adam Rittenberg covers Big Ten football for ESPN.com. He can be reached at espnritt@gmail.com.

laugh.gif
).

I had heard that we were getting Pro Combat Uni's for the year, people were speculating that they would be debuted for the Oregon State game though. It seems like NIKE would want to split that up for more exposure but who knows
ohwell.gif

The other schools getting them are: Alabama, Boise State, Florida, Miami (Fla.), Ohio State, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, TCU, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.
It's odd because I know at least for us, our standard unis this year are the throwbacks, but they are made with the new Pro Combat materials. I'd honestly rather debut our standard unis on Labor Day and save the Pro Combats for Miami or something.

Boise's new unis last year were some of my favorite. They looked very modern and unique compared to what most other schools wear; I would have taken that exact same design but in our colors if they offered it. They would have been
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
in white with maroon and orange trim and detailing.

laugh.gif
).

ohwell.gif

It's odd because I know at least for us, our standard unis this year are the throwbacks, but they are made with the new Pro Combat materials. I'd honestly rather debut our standard unis on Labor Day and save the Pro Combats for Miami or something.

Boise's new unis last year were some of my favorite. They looked very modern and unique compared to what most other schools wear; I would have taken that exact same design but in our colors if they offered it. They would have been
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
in white with maroon and orange trim and detailing.

That would be dope!!
smokin.gif

Hokie Nation.

God hates Michigan defensive backs
Recent Wolverine DB woes:  Adrian Witty, Denards teammate, not highly ranked but another body has grade issues isnt admitted.  BooBoo Cissoko, what needs to be said really?  Donovan Warren has NFL aspirations, goes undrafted.  The Dorsey fiasco.  Justin Turner wants to play safety but has to stay at corner for depth issues, bolts.  Troy Woolfolk, the only veteran/tested DB, probably done for the season.  We're now stuck w/ JT Floyd who, according to reports, has improved but was picked on constantly last year.  Add in three Frosh, a senior CB who is  converted from WR, and some walk-ons. As they say on the Jim Rome show, "Uh oh!"

What are you guys hearing about James Wilder jr? I am hearing he is leaning towards UGA out of all schools

Back
Top Bottom