Looking back at MLB Predictions Vol. at the midway now

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

AL West: Angels (Nobody else in the division is close to them)
AL East: Bo Sox (Really like what they have done this offseason)
AL Central: Tigers (Toss up here, but I like the Tigers offense)
WC: Tampa or NY

NL West: Dodgers (If Manny signs)
NL East: Philly
NL Central: Cincinnati (Best pitching staff in the division, just need to score some runs)
WC: Cubs, with the Mets choking during the final week

I don't really know about the awards yet.
I don't mean to argue this, but what have they done this off-season?

Sign Smoltz and Penny? AJ + Burnett>>> Smoltz + Penny

Correct me if I'm wrong

They got Smoltz, Penny, and Saito on very good low risk deals along with Kotsay and Baldelli who could start for quite a few teams in the mlb, and also addedRamon Ramirez to their pen. Tek is also back, and I know he's not the player he once was but can still produce. I personally think that there rotation ofBeckett, Lester, Dice K, Smoltz, Bucholz, Penny, Wakefield, and even Bowen if needed is greater than the Yankees and Rays. And the Sox pen is > than theYanks and Rays. But the Yanks offense is gonna be somethin to reckon with.

And to JaysForDays... The Nats have picked up all the Reds past players who have dont absolutely nothing (winning wise), and have a clueless GM running thefranchise, who has gotten himself into trouble again. The Reds are light years ahead of the Nats. The Nats should just fold

They got Smoltz, Penny, and Saito on very good low risk deals along with Kotsay and Baldelli who could start for quite a few teams in the mlb, and also added Ramon Ramirez to their pen. Tek is also back, and I know he's not the player he once was but can still produce. I personally think that there rotation of Beckett, Lester, Dice K, Smoltz, Bucholz, Penny, Wakefield, and even Bowen if needed is greater than the Yankees and Rays. And the Sox pen is > than the Yanks and Rays. But the Yanks offense is gonna be somethin to reckon with.

And to JaysForDays... The Nats have picked up all the Reds past players who have dont absolutely nothing (winning wise), and have a clueless GM running the franchise, who has gotten himself into trouble again. The Reds are light years ahead of the Nats. The Nats should just fold
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

C'mon now. Even Red Sox fans don't believe that. He can't produce. What did he at last year? .220?

And Beckett, Lester, Dice K, is better than CC, Wang, Burnett? Don't think so.

And our pen is pretty good. Especially if Joba's in it. Ramirez, Bruney, Marte, Mo.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I'm interested to see how Quentin bounces back from that broken wrist...

Dude had a breakout season last year...

HR #s
2006 w/ ARZ: 9
2007 w/ ARZ: 5
2008 w/ CWS: 36
eek.gif

Granted, he only played 57 major league games in 2006 and 81 in 2007 but still...talk about a breakout year. If he had played during September last year he potentially could've gotten to 45
smokin.gif
please dont..it kills us dbacks fans to see that
smh.gif

AL

East-- Rays
Central--- Twins
West-- A's
WC-- Red Sox

NL

East-- Mets
Central-- Cubs
West-- D-Backs*
WC--Marlins

NL MVP-- Hanley Ramirez
AL MVP-- A-Rod

NL Cy Young-- Johan Santana
AL Cy Young-- John Lester ( dude is a stud )

* All depends on the Manny situation. Without him ya'll are no better than a .500 team

They got Smoltz, Penny, and Saito on very good low risk deals along with Kotsay and Baldelli who could start for quite a few teams in the mlb, and also added Ramon Ramirez to their pen. Tek is also back, and I know he's not the player he once was but can still produce. I personally think that there rotation of Beckett, Lester, Dice K, Smoltz, Bucholz, Penny, Wakefield, and even Bowen if needed is greater than the Yankees and Rays. And the Sox pen is > than the Yanks and Rays. But the Yanks offense is gonna be somethin to reckon with.

And to JaysForDays... The Nats have picked up all the Reds past players who have dont absolutely nothing (winning wise), and have a clueless GM running the franchise, who has gotten himself into trouble again. The Reds are light years ahead of the Nats. The Nats should just fold
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

C'mon now. Even Red Sox fans don't believe that. He can't produce. What did he at last year? .220?

And Beckett, Lester, Dice K, is better than CC, Wang, Burnett? Don't think so.

And our pen is pretty good. Especially if Joba's in it. Ramirez, Bruney, Marte, Mo.

Just my opinion about Tek... Overall the Sox pitching staff is better than the Yanks, I think the starting rotation is even if Joba is penciled in as astarter. In the pen i'll take Pap, Oki, Masterson, Saito, and Ramirez over what you named from the Yanks.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

AL

East-- Rays
Central--- Twins
West-- A's
WC-- Red Sox

NL

East-- Mets
Central-- Cubs
West-- D-Backs*
WC--Marlins

NL MVP-- Hanley Ramirez
AL MVP-- A-Rod

* All depends on the Manny situation. Without him ya'll are no better than a .500 team
That's all it takes to win that division. .500.

And let me ask all of you Tampa Rays believers. You really think they're a better team than both the Yanks and Red Sox? And for those of you saying thatthe Yanks won't make the playoffs, may I ask why?

AL

East-- Rays
Central--- Twins
West-- A's
WC-- Red Sox

NL

East-- Mets
Central-- Cubs
West-- D-Backs*
WC--Marlins

NL MVP-- Hanley Ramirez
AL MVP-- A-Rod

That's all it takes to win that division. .500.

And let me ask all of you Tampa Rays believers. You really think they're a better team than both the Yanks and Red Sox? And for those of you saying that the Yanks won't make the playoffs, may I ask why?
1. Yeah that is true, but the D-backs have better SP and their mediocre offense will be carried by that

2. Yes . Red sox- Rays will be a fun rivalry to watch for quite a few years.

3. The face that you guys keep thinking that bringing in top free agents will somehow get u a title. Hasn't worked since u guys started doing that in2001, why would it now? As long as A- fraud is on your team, you guys won't win another title. It's a shame too bc I like Jeter too
laugh.gif

Also for the fact that you guys are relying heavily on Sabathia and Burnett. I still think Wang will have a better year than both.

1. Yeah that is true, but the D-backs have better SP and their mediocre offense will be carried by that

3. The face that you guys keep thinking that bringing in top free agents will somehow get u a title. Hasn't worked since u guys started doing that in 2001, why would it now? As long as A- fraud is on your team, you guys won't win another title. It's a shame too bc I like Jeter too
laugh.gif

Also for the fact that you guys are relying heavily on Sabathia and Burnett. I still think Wang will have a better year than both.
Woah! No where here did I say that were guaranteed to win a title (besides my prediction). Stating that it hasn't helped since '01 andthat with "A-Fraud" we won't go anywhere is irrelevant.

You know what's crazy, how people think that the Rays are better than the Yanks and/or Red Sox. You do realize that we have 2 guys that can win 20 gamesthis season, right?

3. The fact that you guys keep thinking that bringing in top free agents will somehow get u a title. Hasn't worked since u guys started doing that in 2001, why would it now? As long as A- fraud is on your team, you guys won't win another title. It's a shame too bc I like Jeter too
laugh.gif

Woah! No where here did I say that were guaranteed to win a title (besides my prediction). Stating that it hasn't helped since '01 and that with "A-Fraud" we won't go anywhere is irrelevant.

You know what's crazy, how people think that the Rays are better than the Yanks and/or Red Sox. You do realize that we have 2 guys that can win 20 games this season, right?
They won't

Lester >> Price >>> every Yankee starter

They won't

That's it. It. I'm done with you.

Lester and Price are better than CC and/or Wang?!?!
roll.gif
roll.gif

They won't

That's it. It. I'm done with you.

Lester and Price are better than CC and/or Wang?!?!
roll.gif
roll.gif

Was there a need to put those .Gifs in there?

I don't think my comment is so far fetched. I rather have Lester and Price than CC and Wang ,sorry.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I don't think my comment is so far fetched. I rather have Lester and Price than CC and Wang ,sorry.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lester and Price over CC and Wang?

You my friend, are some other %!+.

CC is a Cy Young winner. Wang has had 2 19 win seasons (would've had 19 more last year had he not gotten injured). How are you gonna put a dude that haspitched less than 1/2 a season over 2 proven pitchers? Lester is nasty, I'll give you that. But better than CC or Wang?

C'mon now. Where's your common sense at?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

You can say the same thing for all three of those Yankee pitchers. They've all had a history if injuries.
I've only seen Wang seriously injured once. And that was last year.

CC has been healthy as of late. Beckett always seems to get injured. Is he a great pitcher, yes. But he's very injury-prone.

Kiddin Like Jason wrote:
There's really nothing to explain. A.J. Burnett is an above-average pitcher.

yup his record last year just put him over .500 for his career

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

There's really nothing to explain. A.J. Burnett is an above-average pitcher.

So a combination of Wang, CC, and Burnett is not better than Beckett, Dice-K, and Lester?

i don't see it.

So a combination of Wang, CC, and Burnett is not better than Beckett, Dice-K, and Lester?

i don't see it.
What a shocker.
Na, all bias aside. Seriously.

I mean, Wang and CC are better than Beckett and Dice-K (or Beckett and Lester).

Like I stated before, both Wang and CC can win 20 games in one season. Up until last year, Wang lead all of MLB Pitchers with the Most wins since '06.

i don't see it.
What a shocker.
laugh.gif

Typical Yankee fans. They "don't see" how other players are better than theirs
eyes.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lester and Price over CC and Wang?

You my friend, are some other %!+.

CC is a Cy Young winner. Wang has had 2 19 win seasons (would've had 19 more last year had he not gotten injured). How are you gonna put a dude that has pitched less than 1/2 a season over 2 proven pitchers? Lester is nasty, I'll give you that. But better than CC or Wang?

C'mon now. Where's your common sense at?
Trust me I have common sense if I'm not picking CC, Wang over 2 young lefties with NASTY stuff.
You will see what's up when Price breaks out this year
pimp.gif

Yet again, ANOTHER Yankee fan fails to see that some players are just better than their own
laugh.gif

i don't see it.
What a shocker.
laugh.gif

Typical Yankee fans. They "don't see" how other players are better than theirs
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Here they come. Now you're gonna turn this into a "typical Yankee fans" crap. Shut it.

If you read my posts, you could clearly see that I said that Beckett is a great pitcher, Lester is very talented, and so on. Never did I say that they were abunch of bums with cleats on.

I just simply said that I don't see how they're better. I might see how 1 of them is better than AJ, but not Wang or CC. Simple as that.

Typical Met fans.

I mean, Wang and CC are better than Beckett and Dice-K (or Beckett and Lester).
Why?
Like I stated before, both Wang and CC can win 20 games in one season.
What's your point? Beckett and Matsuzaka (and Lester) are capable of it, too. Neither Wang or C.C. have ever won 20 games in a season in the first place.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom