Looking for a car under 5.5k

im looking for a car under 5.5k thats got some speed/power to it. im not much of a car head, but i know we have some on here. i was looking at a 3000gt, but those things are hard to find. now im thinking at a acura rsx? just not sure how much umph its got. any of yall got any recommendations?

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you op
nerd.gif

to buy without a car note?

or to put a down payment on? depending on your credit you can pretty much cop something nice ..

Dmvbatman wrote:
to buy without a car note?

or to put a down payment on? depending on your credit you can pretty much cop something nice ..

nope, im looking to buy used. just cash. 

just cop an old teg. I don't think you are going to find a decent RSX for 5.5K but who knows.

You can cop a pretty nice teg or newer civic for 5k.. if you're into Euro try looking at GTIs too

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

How about a 02 Civic Si, integra, prelude, nissan 240.. thats all I can thing of.

tested out the prelude and #%!* was weak. 
tried the 3000gt too and that felt nice. i just cant find one in my range

You don't want a 3000gt, and you don't want an rsx that cost 5.5k. 5.5k can get you a clean teg or 240sx. Only issue I could foresee is if you get one that's highly modified. That's something I wouldn't do unless I trusted the person.

Mangudai954 wrote:
You don't want a 3000gt, and you don't want an rsx that cost 5.5k. 5.5k can get you a clean teg or 240sx. Only issue I could foresee is if you get one that's highly modified. That's something I wouldn't do unless I trusted the person.

i found an rsx going for 6.1k on craigslist. i figured i could get it for 5.5k. why do you say 5.5k would be bad for an rsx?
the rsx did have high mileage though (195k) and an accident to the rear. gonna take a look at it tonight. anything i should look out for or beware of?

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

Mangudai954 wrote:

i found an rsx going for 6.1k on craigslist. i figured i could get it for 5.5k. why do you say 5.5k would be bad for an rsx?
the rsx did have high mileage though (195k) and an accident to the rear. gonna take a look at it tonight. anything i should look out for or beware of?

an insanely high mileage and previous accident involvement are thigns you should beware of...

insurance is expensive for a integra

you can find a clean zenki s14 for $3-3.5k or a s14 kouki for $5k

or a sr20 swapped zenki s14 or s13

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AnotherBoringUsername

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

teg=integra right? are those things quick?
where was the burnout in this video? and the street was damp
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

IMO OP you should look into a 95-96 250sx. 5k will give you some nice headroom to get a quality example. Is this going to be your daily driver? What state do you live in?

^va, yes daily driver. cant find any 240sx in my area that are decent though.

whats wrong with the 3000gt's? maintenance that bad?

Back
Top Bottom