Looking for any NYC sneaker/streetwear spots I left off my list!

Hey all, I'm working in Williamsburg for a couple weeks and wanted to take a day to really explore all the cool sneaker/streetwear spots in Manhattan. I obviously got some of the bigger names, looking for any cool mom-and-pop type stores, places I could swing a good deal as well. Big Nike, Asics, NB, Saucony, Jordan, Adidas guy, appreciate stuff like Vans and Converse too though not as interested. Here's my list so far, thanks!

Near East Village:
-Kith 337 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10012
-Flight Club 812 Broadway, New York, NY 10003
-Burlington (cheap NB 998s pop up every once in a while) 4 Union Square E, New York, NY 10003
-Extra Butter 125 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
-Alife 158 Rivington St, New York, NY 10002

Near SoHo
-Concepts 225 Hudson St, New York, NY 10013
-Stadium Goods 47 Howard St, New York, NY 10013
-adidas Originals 115 Spring St, New York, NY 10012
-Asics Tiger, 276 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10012
-Nike Soho 529 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
-NikeLab 21 Mercer St, New York, NY 10013
-Stussy, 176 Spring St, New York, NY 10012

Near Penn Station
-34th St HoH 11 W 34th St, New York, NY 10001
-Footaction 225 W 34th St, New York, NY 10122
Midtown
-ASICS 5th Ave Flagship 579 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017
-Dover Street Market 160 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10016

Other (Not very close)
-New Balance New York 150 5th Ave, New York, NY 10010
-New Balance 1172 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10065
-Atmos
-House of Hoops Harlem

Manhattan

Round Two - 113 Stanton Street NY NY 10002
It's also about a five minute walk to Katz Deli from here.

Billionaire Boys Club - They do have some Rare Adidas here sometimes.

7 Mercer Street

Origins NYC -
406 Broadway NY NY 10013

If your in Queens

Image NY - Consignment Shop
135-16 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11354

All The Right - Nice GR Air Maxes Jordan's etc.
9130 Corona Ave, Elmhurst, NY 11373

Nike Clearance Store - I believe it's the only Nike Outlet in NYC. Sometimes they got really cool stuff on the shelves here.
40-24 College Point Blvd B204, Flushing, NY 11354

ADIDAS Outlet - Just upstairs in the same mall as the Nike Outlet. Sometimes they have good deals on Clothes and Kickz.

40-24 College Point Blvd D03E, Flushing, NY 11354

Converse Outlet - Next door to the Adidas Outlet is the Converse Outlet. They sometimes have great deals on Chuck Taylor's if your into them.

40-24 College Point Boulevard D03D, Flushing, NY 11354

Theres also some stores in Queens Center Mall.

They have a House of Hoops, Flight 23 and Finishline, An Adidas Store, Van's as well some cool mom and pop shops.

You can also check out Jamaica Ave a ton of cool mom and pop shops.

Heh, this is a great post for a 38 year old park ave worker who doesn’t know what is cool anymore. I will visit some of these places.

Hey everyone, I'm really starting to get into the history of SB dunks and I really wanna cop a pair. Do you guys have any suggestions on skate shops I can visit in NYC?

queens
gb's + g sneakerchoice = coliseum/165th,the ave
exclusive sneakers = the ave
sneaker source = hillside

bx
moes, sneaker plus ,sneaker authority,bx sports..few other joints

queens
gb's + g sneakerchoice = coliseum/165th,the ave
exclusive sneakers = the ave
sneaker source = hillside

bx
moes, sneaker plus ,sneaker authority,bx sports..few other joints

All these stores charge prices like it’s 2013 pass these crappy stores and use the SNKRS app or order off stock x

Last edited:
All these stores charge prices like it’s 2013 pass these crappy stores and use the SNKRS app or order off stock x
Im oldschool homey so i stick to my comfort level ..been shopping on the ave for kicks since 97-98 so i have fun still walking in the store to cop certain kicks early then deal with sneaker apps (speaking for myself only)

Im oldschool homey so i stick to my comfort level ..been shopping on the ave for kicks since 97-98 so i have fun still walking in the store to cop certain kicks early then deal with sneaker apps (speaking for myself only)

I been buying longer then that from these indian owned stores on the ave in queens downtown Fulton street in Brooklyn and on Fordham Road in the Bronx
they been Price gouging forever but thank goodness now if you want to buy Jordans not every single shoe goes for 250 and up

I don’t support these types of stores anymore unless it’s something I really want then I’ll pay the markup and I haven’t spend a cent with these early release shops in a little over 2 years

It doesn’t pay to get Jordan’s early anymore only for a few shoes its worth the markup to avoid headaches

Last edited:
I been buying longer then that from these indian owned stores on the ave in queens downtown Fulton street in Brooklyn and on Fordham Road in the Bronx
they been Price gouging forever but thank goodness now if you want to buy Jordans not every single shoe goes for 250 and up

I don’t support these types of stores anymore unless it’s something I really want then I’ll pay the markup and I haven’t spend a cent with these early release shops in a little over 2 years

It doesn’t pay to get Jordan’s early anymore only for a few shoes its worth the markup to avoid headaches
The best thing to do is walk in with the cash in hand .. try on the shoe and if the retail is 220 they might charge 300.... Just walking in with 225... Throw the cash on the table and have a stare off.... Break the eye contact pick up your cash and walk away....

Guaranteed pickup, lol

I was in the city last weekend, checked out Legacy and Vault 134 that both just opened. Also hit Restocked around the corner from V134. All good visits and worth hitting.

Hoping to type up a recap this weekend. Hit a few more as well.

23 years of Niketalk, feels like it’s taking me 23 years to write this.

I was in the city 2 weeks ago and ran through some new stores.

Here’s a report. Keep in mind that I’m old.

I got back into sneakers last year with the Huarache Escapes and AJKO Chicago. 30 pairs later of mostly old AF1 Lows and it’s been a good year.

This year felt like old times when I first stayed in the city Summer 04 and again in Fall 06, bouncing around store to store.

I’m glad NT is still here like it was those days.

Legacy - I was only planning on hitting Legacy while I was in for the weekend. These guys had just opened 2 weeks prior. One of the owners Puneet has some of his collection on display. He had answered some questions for me this past year so I definitely wanted to check the store out. Place is immaculate inside, great fixtures, flooring, everything. And it’s in the tourist area. It just smells like money walking in there. Bunch of his family works there which is cool. As upscale as it is with the ambience and location, it still has the family feel.

I have a short list of stuff I’m looking for at this point so wasn’t going in hunting a bunch. I would’ve bought some Ivory Snake retros on impulse but they sold earlier that day or the day before. They were still listed as available on the website. Good navigation on the site for shopping. And they consign.

I got to meet Justin another owner who was super cool with it being so busy and taking the time to talk.

The rent is probably crazy but I think they’re positioned to do well between doing consignment for the diehards and having all the new hyped stuff for the tourists that are right there. And again the whole vibe of the store makes it feel like it’s the most luxury sneaker spot, so definitely a destination store worth popping into. It got me over to that area when I’d usually be further downtown.

Oh and the hoody’s have a dope logo and are real soft.

Restocked - I hadn’t been over to LES this year so wanted to just cab it there and hit some random place to eat and drink after. I knew Alife had closed so didn’t even know if there was anything there for footwear anymore. Extra Butter was closed, but I only recognized the store name and didn’t even remember it was sneakers anyway until I came back to this thread after.

Anyway I got dropped at my old subway stop Essex/Delancey and was walking to dinner on Rivington and passed by a store. Nice surprise, I hadn’t heard of this spot at all but they’ve got a good wall and a whole back of the store with a bunch of NDS/Used pairs. I’ve been buying to wear all year so that’s pretty cool to me that they had that much selection of preowned. Didn’t buy anything but it was just good to see a quality store in the area still. They’ve got a hot entrance wall that you’ve got to see to appreciate. It’s on their IG.

Vault - I’m at dinner at Serafina scrolling IG and bam Vault 134 is having its grand opening. I had been following these guys for months and they hadn’t ever said where the store would be, well it ends up being like a block away on Orchard St. Head there after dinner and this place I was loving. The vibe was real street, I talked to one of the guys RV who was real cool, the rest of the help was all cool too. I didn’t even know if it was friends and family soft opening or what but I was going in anyway. I felt like the tourist at this point with black dress boots and a top coat. I was about to rock Blk ‘01 Lux AF1 Highs when I was getting ready at the hotel but it was borderline raining. The store has all the hype stuff and I spotted a bunch of fair prices on some stuff. I would’ve copped Blazer Blk/Snakes on impulse but size was off. Another good store for the area.
At the end of the night I walked past the old Flight Club on Greene. Good memories and crazy to see how it’s evolved on Broadway.

Id been to Kith, RIF and 21 Mercer this past summer too. Always good having a store over there to go to. The Mercer/Spring/Prince architecture is timeless.

There’s Hype Club, A Sneaker City, and the Nike Store on Broadway as well.

Someone in the AF1 thread said AF1s are dead, and yeah the amount of AF1s compared to Dunks everywhere is pretty clear. Still waiting on the PG vs Fat Joe battle though. I actually listened to a sneaker podcast for the first time ever on the drive-in this trip.

Main takeaway - besides this being too long - is that feeling of bouncing around to the old FCNY, DQM, Clientele, Alife, Nort/Recon, Classic Kicks, Training Camp, David Z is still alive and kicking in the city all these years later.

Pic of old FCNY these days attached.

79B18208-1E71-435A-B6EA-896518DC97D8.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom