Looking for feedback on my drawings... what do you think, NT?

All of these are from a drawing class that I'm taking this semester.

5me711.jpg

35k05sk.jpg

30x7o0h.jpg

16ascr6.jpg

2j68ig6.jpg

n5hojs.jpg

^ This was a copy of a professor's sketch that was in our campus gallery. He spent time as a doctor and then became an art teacher later in life.

2cxw846.jpg

15gzbj9.jpg

They are mediocre drawings with really rough detail. The shapes and features seem irregular and the shading seems forced. It looks like there was not much effort put into these pieces at all. Just my opinion though

Keep practicing, they are pretty good. If you're planning to have a career in drawing they are going to want you to have fine lines/minimal lines and better shading and proportions.

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

They are mediocre drawings with really rough detail. The shapes and features seem irregular and the shading seems forced. It looks like there was not much effort put into these pieces at all. Just my opinion though
I appreciate the constructive feedback! Yeah I know what you mean about the shading, especially the last one... that's the one I'm probably least happy with. It still has a lot of work to do.

And someone above mentioned me planning on a career in drawing, nope it's just a hobby. I wanted to take a Drawing class before I graduated.

Oh ok, just make sure you study perspectives and proportions, that will improve your drawings tremendously. Your cross hatching (line shading) is already good though and your proportion are exceptional.

nice bro, gonna need work and work at the hands and mouth pieces more. dont over shadow or shade, under do it so you can alway go back and improve, but once you over do it, it doesnt look as good going back. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i like #'s 1,2 and 4. I think the style is unique to you. I say draw how u see fit and not up to someone else's standards.

Originally Posted by DRJordanFreak88

i like #'s 1,2 and 4. I think the style is unique to you. I say draw how u see fit and not up to someone else's standards.

Thanks. It is nice to have a certain style, but then again it's tough to change it up when you need to. The sketch of the woman's face was really difficult for me.

do you just do pencil?
Yeah, just a pencil and eraser and a smudge stick to finish. I thought about getting into colored pencils or painting, but I don't think I could ever do those well.

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by DRJordanFreak88

Thanks. It is nice to have a certain style, but then again it's tough to change it up when you need to. The sketch of the woman's face was really difficult for me.

do you just do pencil?
Yeah, just a pencil and eraser and a smudge stick to finish. I thought about getting into colored pencils or painting, but I don't think I could ever do those well.

i say you got potential dude, just gotta hone on your skills and clean it up...you'll be straight. Definitely perfect your style, I think its cool, and work on the others.

Like everyone else is saying, you have a lot of potential.

You already have a distinct style so early in your development. I can tell you have a good hold on the fundamentals of shading and and line too.

Keep it up.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Like everyone else is saying, you have a lot of potential.

You already have a distinct style so early in your development. I can tell you have a good hold on the fundamentals of shading and and line too.

Keep it up.
Do you think the style is too cartoonish? Besides the "Jamaica" pic.

Back
Top Bottom