Looking to buy a car..VOL... CHEAP

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

I live in VA, and i don't mind waiting a couple more months to save up a little more. Really want a 01 or 02 Celica GT. Whats good with Integras, Rsx, and scion tc. cant find them for any less than 5-6k. Im more worried about repair cost and insurance cost. (Might have to put insurance under my own name)

Word. I'm in VA as well. 16 y/o (come at my bros)Saving for a car... But it's hard with all these releases
30t6p3b.gif
Once my pops put me on the insurance it went up like $500 w/ Allstate. Don't have much saved up but I'm not gonna start looking till I got at least 4 g's... Craigslist has a lot of options.. Check there

go to a honda forum and read the go to a toyota forum and read

then pick the car that is available to you in the color you want with the options you're looking for

for $4k you should be able to get a 2000+ auto with decent miles

i got, what i think is a lot of car for $4k but i push a clutch...

OP all I have to say is whatever you end up getting.

Don't EVER Lease a car. It's a total waste of money.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

My bad i  shouldve said $5,000

I never knew there were tropical plants in Brooklyn....
nerd.gif

Also OP you can't go wrong with Honda or pretty much any import for that matter.
My Parents have had a 92 accord since 93 and its still running and driving strong.
If you do lean towards a 98-02 Honda Accord or Acura for that matter watch out they're notorious for having automatic ****** issues.
On that note if you plan on getting a Celica or Rsx anything sporty please dont get it in auto
grin.gif

Originally Posted by el cuco

I never knew there were tropical plants in Brooklyn....
nerd.gif

Also OP you can't go wrong with Honda or pretty much any import for that matter.
My Parents have had a 92 accord since 93 and its still running and driving strong.
If you do lean towards a 98-02 Honda Accord or Acura for that matter watch out they're notorious for having automatic ****** issues.
On that note if you plan on getting a Celica or Rsx anything sporty please dont get it in auto
grin.gif
Why not? Officially lose my man card?

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Originally Posted by el cuco

Cyber Smoke wrote:
grin.gif
Why not? Officially lose my man card?

I wouldn't say that, this is coming from a guy who drove auto for the longest and converted it to manual. From personal experience you'll get alot more fun and get more performance out of the car and not put as much strain on the trans as you would on an auto...ex. mashing on the pedal to go faster or pass someone rather than downshifting, then again most issues dont pop up til it has higher miles...

At the end of the day though get what makes you happy either way a whip is a whip
pimp.gif

As far as transmission...it depends where you live and your daily commute. City driving/traffic with an M/T is annoying

Something's wrong with that 04 Maxima.

Also, be careful with some Nissan's they're prone to transmission issues... especially that one up there.

Not all of them, but make sure you do your homework and find out the problems before you make the move.

98-01 accord
99-03 civic
98-02 nissan maxima
00-01 inifinti i30
00-02 celica
00-01 camry
99-00 acura rl
98 lexus gs 300 ( high mileage)

these are all some decent/good cars to get on a 4k budget.

be careful with nissans with a cvt transmission thats over 100k miles. not sure how far back that transmission problem goes, but nissan had to extend the warranty on the cvt transmission to 10 year 100k miles on most vehicles that have them becuase they have problems. nissan wont admit they have problems, but they had to extend that warranty because of it. my transmission needed replacing at 50k miles.

Back from the grave..............................

Whats yall opinion on a 1998 Acura Integra GS sedan with 130k mikes for $3100

Back
Top Bottom