Looking To Get Good Sound Quality w/ iPod In Car

no garbage sounding FM transmitters. i've got good speakers in my car, but unfortunately i have no aux input. i'm considering either getting a new deck with an aux, or getting a way to hardwire it in.

basically whatever will give me the best sound quality is what i'm looking for. let me know what has/hasn't worked for you guys.

yup a new deck is the only way to get the sound your looking for....

BY the way does anyone know why when I play a CD on level 20 in my car I can barely hear ,but when my iphones hooked up level 20 is knockin
pimp.gif
??? anything to do with how i burn it?

Yea i've been wanting to do the same thing but haven't got around to it. I think your best bet would be to get a new deck. I'm looking to get a deck with the Audio cables in the back so i can buy the adapter that lets me control the ipod through the deck and keeps it charged.

Honestly the one I put in my tape player works great.

Sounds as good as my tape player, and it was 15$

Originally Posted by SCuse7

his car might not have a tape player

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by SCuse7

his car might not have a tape player

True, and I meant to say sounds as good as my radio

this is the BEST ipod car charger ever. the only place left to get it is ebay. i've gotten it from ebay a couple times so they're legit.

the reason why it's so much better is because it has a LINE-IN port. you get the best audio quality coming out from there instead of having the aux cable connected to your ipod.

line-in > headset jack

belkin_auto_kit_ipod_F8V7058-APL_final.JPG

yeah I have no cassette deck otherwise I woulda copped something for temporary use a while back. what's the name of that item above?

Originally Posted by mjbetch

this is the BEST ipod car charger ever. the only place left to get it is ebay. i've gotten it from ebay a couple times so they're legit.

the reason why it's so much better is because it has a LINE-IN port. you get the best audio quality coming out from there instead of having the aux cable connected to your ipod.

line-in > headset jack

whats the name of this

^^^You can play the ipod through that thing? Or would i still need an AUX port
nerd.gif

I have an auxiliary input in my car and I still prefer using CDs than my iPod. The music plays louder. It sucks how new cars are getting rid of 6 disc CD players and replacing them with just auxiliary inputs.

Originally Posted by AirWeezy03

line-in > headset jack

whats the name of this
nerd.gif
I might need to get this.

I don't have a cassette player either. BMWs sometimes
smh.gif

wordd im lookin for CD quality, idk if aux gives you that, and how the thing mjbetch posted compares to aux/cd quality.

Aux is definitely the way to go. In my car it has better sound quality than CD's plus because I can control the sound from my ipod it seems to make it louder.

Originally Posted by 35KD

Originally Posted by AirWeezy03

line-in > headset jack

whats the name of this
nerd.gif
I might need to get this.

I don't have a cassette player either. BMWs sometimes
smh.gif
I need this too. Name?
nerd.gif

I was using the FM transmitter for a few years, but after visiting Vegas and renting whip that had a deck with aux, I found the music quality was like night and day. As soon as I got back home I copped a deck and an audio cable, and now my music is always crystal clear. No more changing the stations on the transmitter when there was crackling.

if you're cheap you can get an fm modulator for around $25, but you've got to wire in into the fm antenna port on the back of your head unit.  the sound quality is pretty decent, definitely better than an fm transmitter.  no static.  if you buy a fuse tap from an auto parts place ($5 or less i think), the wiring is really simple.

Back
Top Bottom