Looking to start a local sneaker trade show in the LA area

How many people are down to link up at local art gallery's and do a shoe trade shows in which booth fee would be cheaper than at the bigger shows and safer than linking up at just so sketchy spot for shoe a exchange/transaction. Anyone seriously interested in this idea please contact me or comment here. This is not a scam just away to give back to the culture that made me a SHOE HEAD in the first place.

Hey whats up fellas thanks for all the reply and sorrry its taken so long for me to reply...hopeful everyone has been get blessed by the shoe Gods, but down to business what outlets do you guys think we should use to promote such a event such as this one...do you think social media and flyer promotion will work also word of mouth also I was thinking of selling booths for $45-$75...what area in the Los Angeles area do you think would be the best fit for us that is safe and in plain sight so that we're able to get the exposer that we are looking for, and the crowd needed to gain sells and trades of high end shoes, clothing , and etc. also please leave ideas and comments so that we can move forward putting this event together...so we can make some $$$$ and trade$ and NETWORK WITH OTHER REAL SHOE HEADZ NOT HYPE BEAST

^I think this is something we can talk about as a group with whoever will be involved...too many lurkers thatll use the ideas.

Ive got many ideas for this and how we can market the plan. 

Ok we need to set a meeting date and location I'm in the Los Angeles area and I'm free on the weekends and after 5:00pm Monday - Friday...maybe we can link up at a Starbucks or some place like that for a meeting if not we can a Skype meeting at a set time...we also need to be thinking of event names something crafty and original but to cheesey

This sounds like a great idea, and I would love to participate. I am in San Diego though but I would love to be a part of this project in any way I can.

Especially as a client, if you do get the event to go live, let me know and I will make my way over there.

In terms of promoting I think the best way is to use social networks, because people no longer read the paper or magazines we all have our heads stuck in front of some kind of touch screen.

Good luck

I'VE BEEN GETTING ALOT OF REPLIES ABOUT THE SNEAKER TRADE SHOW...WELL LETS DO IT THAN, I'VE BEEN ONLINE LOOKING AT OTHER TRADE SHOWS AND LOCATIONS IT SEEMS AS IF MOST OF THEM ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL GYMS OR BANQUET HALLS...I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT LOCAL HOTELS BANQUET ROOMS WHICH WILL DRIVE UP THE PRICE OF BOOTH RENT OR TABLE RENTAL FEES....AS I'VE SAID BEFORE I WANT THIS TO BE A SAFE, CLEAN LOCATION, THAT SNEAKER HEAD WILL WANT TO COME AND EVEN HAVE CLASSES FOR SNEAKER MARKETING ON EBAY, RESELLING TRICKS, SNEAKER FREAKING, LACE SWAPS, ICE BUTTOM AND SHOE CLEANING, THE ART OF CAMPING OUT FOR KICKZ, EVEN A RAFFLE FOR A PRIZE PACKAGE, AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE A SMALL CONCERT WITH SPECIAL GUESTS ARTIST...WE WILL NEED MUSIC AND SOME TYPE OF ENTERTAINMENT....AND IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WITH ANY KNOWLEDGE OF A NICE LOCATION THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD THIS TYPE OF EVENT....FEEL FREE TO LEAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS I WILL REPLY BACK TO YOU FOR ALL YOU GUYS INPUT....THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HAPPY SNEAKER HUNTING FOR THOSE RETRO BRED 6'S....HOPE TO HEAR FOR YOU SOON

D.N.R. >DUDE NAME RON

of IRONIC6NINE DEZIGNS

Any more news about this? I only travel ocassionally to LA but I am sure there must be a few good places to start.Why not try some of the smaller mom and pop stores in exchange for promoting their business

Sole Searching was held at a marriott (IIRC) in hawaiian gardens, as well as the Carson City banquet hall

Havent attended since those days back when dunkxchange was at bar330 in Brea

I feel old now, lol

Sole Searching was held at a marriott (IIRC) in hawaiian gardens, as well as the Carson City banquet hall

Havent attended since those days back when dunkxchange was at bar330 in Brea

I feel old now, lol
Do you know when the next one is coming up?

Damn, I gotta work this weekend. Is it at San Diego Convention Center or La Convention Center?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom