Loosening the elastic on your shorts?

Okay, I know this might be weird but hear me out.

Most of my Jordan shorts (and some of my others too) fit well in general, but the elastic waistband is way too tight. It squeezes me and actually hurts a little lol.

I've been trying to loosen them up by having them stretched out on a big cardboard box for a while. It might have helped A LITTLE. I heard that you can wet the waistband with hot water and then try to stretch them out. I tried that and it might have worked a little better.

So, my question is, is there any better way? How can I completely just ruin the elasticity lol? If they were really loose, I wouldn't care at all. I would just tie the drawstrings and that's it.

Thanks guys.

Hope your not a xxl (waist) dude trying to fit into a medium, it's really not worth stretching out the material if it's to the point it hurts to wear just size up.

Actually the jordan shorts i have the waistband is super snug with a huge lower, unlike the nikes of the same size. Don't think i'd buy jordan brand shorts again.

I have some xxl Jordan shorts and they are long but fit snug. All my other shorts are large. I would try to cut some of the elastic on the side or in the front of the shorts.

Seriously, all jokes aside...

Chill out on your carb intake, eat LEAN foods for about a week and run. You'll drop some water weight, but most importantly, you should be aiming to drop your weight permanently. You see how inconvenient it's becoming already... Dont make accommodations for it.

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

You getting fat b. Lose dat weight son.

trill @+* avy
pimp.gif

I would also like to know. I have a bunch of the Classic Mesh Jordan shorts, all the same style, all Size Large. For some reason one pair fits smaller than the others. I think they might have been a Medium that was mislabeled from the factory or something because I have no idea why this one pair fits so much smaller.

Thank you to everyone with serious responses and SMH to everyone thinking they're funny.

I'm not fat at all by the way.  I'm about 5'9" and weigh about 170-180.  If that's considered being fat then I should probably just kill myself or pull a Victoria Beckham.

Anyway, I have a bunch of shorts that are Nike/Adidas or whatever and they fit fine as Larges.  My Jordan shorts are Larges too, but JB makes them so snug on the waist.  And yea, no #$%^ AirThompson, but everyone knows Jordan shorts run really long and baggy.  If I went up to a size XL, they'd obviously be looser but then they'd be OD baggy and basically down to my ankles.

The moral of the story is to probably just stop buying JB shorts, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

The Fresh Sole, how would you even go about cutting the elastic.  That doesn't seem easy.  Have you ever tried it?

You'll not really stretch out elastic - because it's elastic and will go back to its own shape unless you stretch it way too much - which won't be possible without ruining your shorts.

Your best bet is to cut a bit of the waistband at the back - on the inside you can probably just snip a few stitches. Then you can get at the actual elastic and cut it. If you wanted you could tie in a bit more - tie it before you cut it or you'll never see the ends again.

No elastic is a pain. I had to do that to a pair of xxxl JB sweats I bought. They are ridiculously roomy but the waist was uncfomfortable. I cut the elastic and then changed the drawstring for an elastic one. That made them really comfy and easily adjustable but I can still just pull them on without having to tie and untie them.

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

You getting fat b. Lose dat weight son.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dam what a backfire. 

but i feel u op.

i have some shorts that are too tight for comfort i like all my clothes loose

Back
Top Bottom