Lord Finesse Suing Mac Miller for $10 Milli Over a Mixtape Track

No hate, but Mac did steal that LaLaLa beat, so I'm more inclined to believe Lord Finesse. But he doesn't have a case at all.

lol mac miller is full of $%#! , he dont know anything about lord im a huge hiphop head from nyc alot older then mac and i hardlyremember any of his work. if someone sampled mac beat 10 years from now to make themselves famous i bet mac would be suing for 40 mil.

Originally Posted by zapatito007

lol mac miller is full of *!+% , he dont know anything about lord im a huge hiphop head from nyc alot older then mac and i hardly
remember any of his work. if someone sampled mac beat 10 years from now to make themselves famous i bet mac would be suing for 40 mil.

You're a huge Hip-Hop head but don't remember any Lord Finesse work?

Ok.

Originally Posted by zapatito007

lol mac miller is full of $%#! , he dont know anything about lord im a huge hiphop head from nyc alot older then mac and i hardlyremember any of his work. if someone sampled mac beat 10 years from now to make themselves famous i bet mac would be suing for 40 mil.

Lol wut? So younger dudes can't know anything about artists from the 90's huh? Gimme a break. And you're a huge hip hop head but don't remember his work? Oh word?

I still am shocked Mac Miller is relevant. Props to the kid's hustle but no clue how this !*# is happening. I think white folks just like seeing a white rapper. That's the only explanation.

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

I still am shocked Mac Miller is relevant. Props to the kid's hustle but no clue how this !*# is happening. I think white folks just like seeing a white rapper. That's the only explanation.

you a lame
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I've done photography for a number of artists and Mac Miller's fans are by far the best every time - extremely loyal and crazy. A lot of white fans, but its a mix. Whether you want to believe that is up to you, but its the blunt truth from my experiences. They want him to win. 

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

you a lame
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Ha that was cute. I didn't mean my post to be racially ignorant. Just an observation of facts. Of course tons of talentless black rappers have somehow managed to maintain relevancy, but Mac's entire demographic is a Caucasian or European audience. The kid is huge in Europe. My boys from Denmark love him and tell me about how crazy packed his shows are in Copenhagen. I've listened to his catalog and I don't see anything about him that screams skilled, except for 'Donald Trump.' I dig that joint. Anyhow, different strokes for different folks. Sorry if I offended my white brethren. Didn't mean to be racially insensitive, was just making an observation.

yea and I think black folks just like to hate white rappers before giving them a chance

Originally Posted by just nikes

yea and I think black folks just like to hate white rappers before giving them a chance
Fair enough. It's certainly harder for them to find success. As stated, I didn't mean my post to be racially insensitive, but I definitely can see how it could be interpreted that way. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else. In hindsight, my post was ignorant. Mac's race has nothing to do with how I view him as an artist. I just think he sucks, whether he was black, brown, Indian, or Asian. Don't matter. Personally, race is not a factor for me, but I'm not ignorant to the fact that it is for others, which is what motivated by hypothesis. Eminem is in my Top 5, and I prob consider him the second most talent MC ever, just based upon sheer rhyming ability alone.

Anyhow, I was wrong. My apologies for derailing the discussion. 

you a lame
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Ha that was cute. I didn't mean my post to be racially ignorant. Just an observation of facts. Of course tons of talentless black rappers have somehow managed to maintain relevancy, but Mac's entire demographic is a Caucasian or European audience. The kid is huge in Europe. My boys from Denmark love him and tell me about how crazy packed his shows are in Copenhagen. I've listened to his catalog and I don't see anything about him that screams skilled, except for 'Donald Trump.' I dig that joint. Anyhow, different strokes for different folks. Sorry if I offended my white brethren. Didn't mean to be racially insensitive, was just making an observation.

First off... Im black..
Second... Music is subjective... just because you think his music sucks, doesnt mean its fact... I personally think he makes great music...
Mac Miller has been grinding for YEARS... its finally paying off... dude isnt even on a label (Independent seeing all the bread)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you a lame
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

First off... Im black..
Second... Music is subjective... just because you think his music sucks, doesnt mean its fact... I personally think he makes great music...
Mac Miller has been grinding for YEARS... its finally paying off... dude isnt even on a label (Independent seeing all the bread)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Quit being a hater. That's not cool.
By stating that music is subjective, and subsequently prioritizing your opinion over mine, contradicts the notion that I'm entitled to my own opinion of his music without being labeled a hater, especially since I gave the kid props in my original post.

I hate the word hater. An opinion is not hating. I don't care if the kid's been grinding for years. I respect his hustle but I don't have to be a fan of his product. I have my own musical palate that dictates my tastes, and if something is not in line with those tastes, than as a subjective listener, I have the right to label it as garbage.

Aight. I'm outty. This is lame

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

this has potential to set a terrible precedent.

Lord finesse bout to house of M da whole mixtape scene smh...sucka %@%%....

J you actually answered your own question.

The tweet was REALLY what I was talking about though.

It would've been easy to wait until this @%** actually saw a judge to blow up the spot on the sample,but him just tweeting that @%** lets me know that they're on some Chess @%**.

If that makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom