Los Angeles booming creative class lures new yorkers. Does this settle LA> NYC

So a bunch of strangers, who've never actually lived in NY based on what you're saying, told you this and you took it as gospel?

:lol:

Do yourself a favor in life and experience things for yourself and form your own opinions.

Moments like these go to show you how ridiculous this "argument" is.

Both are great, but very different, cities.

Why would a stranger lie to me pa! I've had strangers and family tell me the city smells like pee pee in da summa can't be all lies.

Yes, people are peeing all over the most expensive city in the US.

Property here is so expensive because the WHOLE city smells like "pee pee".

The real question isn't why would "a stranger lie to (you)", because that's a pretty ridiculous question if you think about it.

The real question is why would you believe them.

So once again, do yourself a favor in life and experience things for yourself and form your own opinions.

Yes, people are peeing all over the most expensive city in the US.

Property here is so expensive because the WHOLE city smells like "pee pee".

The real question isn't why would "a stranger lie to (you)", because that's a pretty ridiculous question if you think about it.

The real question is why would you believe them.

So once again, do yourself a favor in life and experience things for yourself and form your own opinions.
SF is the most expensive city over NYC

It depends on what studies you look at. Some just factor rent. Others factor other costs of living.

Some base it on a single person. Some base it on a family.

And beyond that, it fluctuates.

Safe to say it's Top 5/10?

I think my point still stands.

Im a little late but in response to the people movong out of ny there is usally 10 people ready to move in right after them.

In terms of women suposedly Montreal is where the fine women at so its really about what your preference is . I know for a fact tho if u have a type u can find mulitple spots in NY where you can find what you are looking for.

Im a little late but in response to the people movong out of ny there is usally 10 people ready to move in right after them.

In terms of women suposedly Montreal is where the fine women at so its really about what your preference is . I know for a fact tho if u have a type u can find mulitple spots in NY where you can find what you are looking for.
Montreal is the only city in North America I can see have an argument over LA in terms of women Maybe.  Vancouver and Toronto also, Canada is just serious in terms of women.  But no american cities is close to LA

I was born and raised and currently live in NYC and I agree that it's lost a lot of its culture. It's totally different now and I'm not totally sure if its better or worse. Food is still dope and there's still a lot of authentic cuisine thats survived and thriving in the outer boroughs. Living here got so damn expensive too. 

I'm all about that public transport life and I hate driving though, and NYC definitely has a bunch of poppin stuff going on all the time.

Never been to Cali before but I kinda want to move to LA or SF for a bit just to see what the deal is. I feel like I should move to SF since I work in tech but I feel like I'd have to get a salary raise to like $120k to make it worth since SF is so damn expensive too.

I was born and raised and currently live in NYC and I agree that it's lost a lot of its culture. It's totally different now and I'm not totally sure if its better or worse. Food is still dope and there's still a lot of authentic cuisine thats survived and thriving in the outer boroughs. Living here got so damn expensive too. 

I'm all about that public transport life and I hate driving though, and NYC definitely has a bunch of poppin stuff going on all the time.

Never been to Cali before but I kinda want to move to LA or SF for a bit just to see what the deal is. I feel like I should move to SF since I work in tech but I feel like I'd have to get a salary raise to like $120k to make it worth since SF is so damn expensive too.

I rather make 100k in Austin TX than 120 in SF lol

Canada got some nice ladies though. So many West Indians out there.

Montreal is the only city in North America I can see have an argument over LA in terms of women Maybe.  Vancouver and Toronto also, Canada is just serious in terms of women.  But no american cities is close to LA
Yeah you go on and believe that. Dominican/ Rican girls in NYC alone are better and so are the Latinas in Miami
I'll give NY the credit for its latinas...

but when it comes to black, white, and asian girls... LA > NY by a wide margin

Last edited:
Speaking of gentrification......

I am trying to currently buy/invest in a house or condo in Oakland since I don't have the money to buy in SF. I am realizing there is gentrification hate from SF people buying in Oakland since that is the more affordable area. I am born and raised in the Bay Area and hate what is going on with our city but I am realizing I am sort of following suit with what is essentially wrong here. Back in the days, I'd never want to move to Oakland and still don't want to but seeing how I think I can get a return on a place there, I am going to buy there only to sell it and move to a bigger house later on. I mean this is sort of the odd hustle you have to do to come up now.

This is my potential agent I might work with and this is what people post on his IG comments.

11363989_152523175087680_98574099_n.jpg

These are his advertising signs within Oakland. Gotta give the locals credit for their persistence.

12106221_1111760992185796_1428139410_n.jpg

If so many NYC people moving to LA....then that's not LA....that's what we will call West Coast NYC.

What LA/Cali people don't understand is that NYC doesn't move and stop being NYC....NYC propagates.

I am trying to currently buy/invest in a house or condo in Oakland since I don't have the money to buy in SF. I am realizing there is gentrification hate from SF people buying in Oakland since that is the more affordable area. I am born and raised in the Bay Area and hate what is going on with our city but I am realizing I am sort of following suit with what is essentially wrong here. Back in the days, I'd never want to move to Oakland and still don't want to but seeing how I think I can get a return on a place there, I am going to buy there only to sell it and move to a bigger house later on. I mean this is sort of the odd hustle you have to do to come up now.

This is my potential agent I might work with and this is what people post on his IG comments.

These are his advertising signs within Oakland. Gotta give the locals credit for their persistence.

Man I

My issue with gentrification is people moving in and discriminating against the people who were already there.

Many of these neighborhoods are those that were systematically destroyed due to funneling of drugs, housing discrimination, etc. The funny thing is the majority of the critics of gentrification are people who are not even trying to rebuild these communities. Like You will see people cry about Asians from overseas buying up detroit, but why didnt us middle class people who have at least a little something work together to rebuild? I bought a home in a place that they are trying to gentrify, the people of the community show love and are happy to see a young black man who has something going for himself moving into the community and working to uplift it, from the crackheads to the goons, everyone shows each other respect. The many of the bigger critics of gentrification wouldn't dare move into these places to help build the values of properties, hell they wouldn't even buy a vacant lot to create an urban garden so people can have access to real food and not debbie cakes and alcohol. The only issue I agree in is people moving into an area with a holier than thou attitude.

Man I want to live in LA so bad. It's so saturated for pharmacists though, it's really hard to get in. Straight off NYC. Y'all can keep that cold, dirty, overpriced place. I live in Chicago now, NYC basically Chicago on steroids and dirtier.

Don't get caught lacking b

NYC Latinas are the truth..haven't been to Cali yet

LA is so culturally vapid its apparent within minutes of arriving. The weather is cool, and the women are FINE, like real fine, but not enough to sway me to move there. I've lived in the bay area and it is far and away better. Only place I could see myself living anywhere beside where I live, is the Bay, The Upper northeast, or the Pacific Northwest. All culturally distinctive, educated, and racially progressive. 

LA is so culturally vapid its apparent within minutes of arriving.
surf culture

skate culture...

one of the strongest graffiti cultures in the world?

the car culture?

koreatown?

largest art district in the US... just opened a new contemporary art museum in downtown?

the concentration of actors, writers, and creative individuals?

hell... even in south central/east LA you got gang culture that's permeated worldwide

how is that culturally vapid?

you probably went to hollywood and highland and thought that was what LA consisted of...

the bay is so limited in comparison to LA county...

I'm born and raised in oakland, lived in SF, from stockton to Sac, hayward. etc..

the bay/norcal is much more limited than socal

if you couldn't make connects out here.. you really not fit for a big city

Last edited:
Bay culture is really only distinct in certain cities which are Oakland, SF and Berkeley. Most of the other cities within it are super stale. I have cousins that grew up in Walnut Creek and mind you they are Japanese and Chinese and they grew up hating Asian food. Even when I take them to taquerias in SF, they wonder why they don't serve hard shell tacos. It blows my mind how much they have been neglected out there.

LA is so culturally vapid its apparent within minutes of arriving. The weather is cool, and the women are FINE, like real fine, but not enough to sway me to move there. I've lived in the bay area and it is far and away better. Only place I could see myself living anywhere beside where I live, is the Bay, The Upper northeast, or the Pacific Northwest. All culturally distinctive, educated, and racially progressive. 

Just don't say you are from Cali if you move up to Portland or Seattle.

Bay culture is really only distinct in certain cities which are Oakland, SF and Berkeley. Most of the other cities within it are super stale. I have cousins that grew up in Walnut Creek and mind you they are Japanese and Chinese and they grew up hating Asian food. Even when I take them to taquerias in SF, they wonder why they don't serve hard shell tacos. It blows my mind how much they have been neglected out there.
Just don't say you are from Cali if you move up to Portland or Seattle.
Yeah from SF once you cross the golden gate bridge into marin county it gets instantly stale.  

Back
Top Bottom