**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

KCP has been exponentially better since the team rallied around him on Socials after he W’s getting brutally roasted for two weeks lol

Kcp has bee really good for us. Cook is the guy we need to trade if rondo out for a while. He is absolute trash. Unless we use him as a straight up spot up shooter which we can’t afford to with no rondo. We need another playmaker

Only reason I don't see Cook getting moved is because he's tight with Bron and AD. But he's been the weakest link

How are you “young core” guys doing? Still don’t think you should have traded for AD?

Cough* Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius Cough*

D6809438-272A-47BB-8C1A-AA63895CC248.jpeg

Melo is good but he wants to start and shoot 15 times a game. That wasn’t happening here. If melo was willing to take a Dwight Howard role guarenteed teams would be bending over and spreading their cheeks for him

cook doesn’t bother me. he’s a third stringer that can hit a 3. probably won’t see much minutes once vog tightens that rotation in the playoffs.

Coulda had melo but they went with jarred Dudley :stoneface:
Nah man, if things go south or we face major adversity I don't see Melo being the one to right the ship in the locker room.

Dudz is that type of guy who sets the tone in the culture. A good locker room culture can go a long way in making sure all your guys are on the same page and makes them want to be here.

His value is beyond the court.

I'm happy for Melo though.

The more I watch tape of last night's game, the more I'm glad Melo is not wearing a Laker uniform. Dude is a complete liability on both offense and defense. The only thing he good at doing is pulling up from 3 on a 3-on-1 fast break.

The more I watch tape of last night's game, the more I'm glad Melo is not wearing a Laker uniform. Dude is a complete liability on both offense and defense. The only thing he good at doing is pulling up from 3 on a 3-on-1 fast break.

When was Melo a true superstar even in his prime with Denver ?

To me he was always a B-Grade superstar who could score and thats about it.

He played well for Team USA a couple years.

When was Melo a true superstar even in his prime with Denver ?

To me he was always a B-Grade superstar who could score and thats about it.

He played well for Team USA a couple years.
Carmelo had a 3-5 year window in his Denver days to prove he could be coached and level up his game, but sadly he and George Karl were never a fit. And Melo never evolved as a basketball player either. He actually regressed after leaving Denver and was arguably worse as a Knick in terms of his impact on the game on both ends of the floor.

The story of his entire career: "Not a Fit"

Carmelo had a 3-5 year window in his Denver days to prove he could be coached and level up his game, but sadly he and George Karl were never a fit. And Melo never evolved as a basketball player either. He actually regressed after leaving Denver and was arguably worse as a Knick in terms of his impact on the game on both ends of the floor.

The story of his entire career: "Not a Fit"

He also had a pretty much washed AI in Denver and also probably his best season ran into the 2009 Kobe led Laker team in the WCF.

Aight enough of this melo talk. We are 20-3 and look good minus a need for a wing and one more ball handler. Can we stop talking that that shut

Anyhow, tough game ahead. wolves by 12. Same result as last week vs Mavs.

Melo was never a superstar in terms of impact. Purely speculation but I don’t think he ever committed himself to being a great. Dude just wanted to get buckets and that’s it. I don’t even know if he put in that much work outside of practice/games.

Offensively he was great in ‘13 and ‘14. Those years coincided when he was shooting 38% and 40% respectively from 3 on relatively high volume. But his offensive contribution was always mitigated with poor defense.

He fell off even more as the league has realized how poor midrange shots are. So his game has been devalued and he can’t make 3’s at the same efficiency. He’s still a sieve on defense and his reluctance to be a bench player or accept a demotion has made him expendable.

Dude never had it in him to grind day in n day out to be a goat. In fact I got goons wit the Mac baller brims who used to party with melo often. This is always why his son is garbanzo too.. melo ain’t got burning desire in him so how is he gonna impart that in his son?

Dude still clapping lala cheeks so at the end of the day he winnin

Back
Top Bottom