Lost Egyptian city revealed after 1,200 years under sea.

This is a nice find. Sure it was Nat Geo that bought up the rights to show limited coverage. They probably got favored top billing but those in charge of what's get shown were most definitely another party.

Nice on that Vice vid, I saw that ep the other day and was just about to quote dude to say Venice is struggling. Soon all coastal cities will be.

:pimp: I'm so anxious to see what else may be discovered underwater. I heard before that scientists know more about outer space than they do the ocean.

nah i don't think the sphinx laid in water.. the erosion was from rain water.
there is still debate whether its rain erosion or not tho..
mainly because the last time scientist think there was seasonal rain was almost 10,000 years ago or further.... (some ppl believe the sphinx could be as old as 35,000 years old).
but with ancient egypt's timeline... that wouldn't make any sense...
their timeline has the sphinx build approx 5,000 years ago... at a time when there wasn't seasonal rain.... so why/how is the sphinx showing rain/water erosion?
if the sphinx is over 10,000 years old... that would mean the sphinx was build before the arrival of the ancient egyptians....
today's egyptian did believed their ancestors build the sphnix 5,000 years ago... thats the whole debate... if the water erosion on the sphinx dates the sphinx to over 10,000 years old... we know the ancient egyptians couldn't have build the sphinx.... so who build the sphinx?

Ive heard some historians postulate that Ancient Egypt was actually a young civilization compared to other ones that originated from people who came down from the Sahara when it started to turn into a desert. Not sure how true this is.

I still think NASA should do deeper investigations on Uranus (not making a joke either)
Why specifically Uranus?
nerd.gif
You don't know??

All these underwater discoveries have me convinced that Atlantis is still out there waiting to be discovered. Sad thing is that w/ how long most of that stuff has been down there and the layers of ocean debris that's covered it, it'd be unwise to drill and dig

All these underwater discoveries have me convinced that Atlantis is still out there waiting to be discovered. Sad thing is that w/ how long most of that stuff has been down there and the layers of ocean debris that's covered it, it'd be unwise to drill and dig

Atlantis will never be found. Its been wiped off completely. And to the guy talking about uranus, same thing should be done to saturn

Atlantis will never be found. Its been wiped off completely. And to the guy talking about uranus, same thing should be done to saturn

Man, U might be right especially based on the legend of how it sank in a day and a night.

Omg i seriously can read about atlantis, temples, etc all day man.

have you guys heard about the silver sarcophagus ?

View media item 447330

EDIT

also, never heard about the sphinx laying in water....all i remember reading that it was eroded by sand blast storms and how when Ramses II came to power he found it buried in sand and helped dig it out, which is why there is a shrine there believed to him/his

Last edited:
This is why I dont trust alot of science about what is out there in deep space, thousands of light years away. They dont even know what's at the bottom of the ocean on our own planet but claim to know how the universe works. :smh:

Dope discovery tho. I love when something like this pops up and we get to learn more about ancient civilizations.

nah i don't think the sphinx laid in water.. the erosion was from rain water.
there is still debate whether its rain erosion or not tho..
mainly because the last time scientist think there was seasonal rain was almost 10,000 years ago or further.... (some ppl believe the sphinx could be as old as 35,000 years old).
but with ancient egypt's timeline... that wouldn't make any sense...
their timeline has the sphinx build approx 5,000 years ago... at a time when there wasn't seasonal rain.... so why/how is the sphinx showing rain/water erosion?
if the sphinx is over 10,000 years old... that would mean the sphinx was build before the arrival of the ancient egyptians....
today's egyptian did believed their ancestors build the sphnix 5,000 years ago... thats the whole debate... if the water erosion on the sphinx dates the sphinx to over 10,000 years old... we know the ancient egyptians couldn't have build the sphinx.... so who build the sphinx?
Maybe the egyptians migrated to that area, and all of the pyramids and other structure were already there. Built by some other advanced beings

Last edited:
I'm convinced that back in the day there was a master race that had far more advanced technology and traveled around the world with it. After creating monuments and statues they realized they had nothing more to do except enjoy it. After thousands of years of passing down information by word of mouth to inferior beings the information was watered down and lost. Anything written was destroyed by natural disaster or by the inferior humans that feared or was jealous of it.

We have large stone structures built in small islands with the means to do so. We have civilizations who build large intricate cities at the same time some did not have spoken language. Something was different. It would be stupid to think it all happened by luck. Humans before had the same capacity to learn and do as we do today. The only difference is that we aquire all the past knowledge known through written language, word of mouth and videos, and then begin exploring, experimenting, and learning from there.

200 years to uncover what they found?

See that's why I want to be an archeologist, job stability :lol:

This thread sparked me to watch all these NatGeo videos on youtube. Recently watched the one about King Tut that refuted the murdered theory and had a bust of what they assumed looked like

Back
Top Bottom