Lost my job today....

I had to call in today no ride ( I dont have a car) and got fired. I called in about 7 times over my 9 months had doctor slip on a couple. I live in Michigan,Will I get un-employment? Any one got any tips on getting un-employment....
tired.gif

To this day I ha ve never missed a day or been late to work. By Any means I found a way. But good luck

always have a backup plan .. do not count on rides and if you do, always find out about getting there if the ride doesn't come thru .. lesson learn!

Just go online, create your account ... You wont get paid for the first week you claim, and don't make your first claim until you have received the lastcheck from your job .. Sorry to hear that you lost your job .. Just google: Claim unemployment benefits

if you get fired, most companies will fight unemployment.

it's different if you get laid off.

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

I had to call in today no ride ( I dont have a car) and got fired. I called in about 7 times over my 9 months had doctor slip on a couple. I live in Michigan, Will I get un-employment? Any one got any tips on getting un-employment....
tired.gif
where did you work?

damn that sucks.......keep it pushin and finish school or something... flip burgers don't stop grindin

Originally Posted by osubass1

Especially if they have record of you calling in 7 times in less than a year

No Public Transportation where you live?

But file you r unemployment, however your company will have something against you being that you missed work a few times.

When in doubt go back to school

I worked there for 18 months just different parts of the plant. I'm looking at it in a good way, I need to head back to school. Factory work is horrible.

You're calling out almost once a month and you never expected that they would get tired of it? The last job I had, I never called out in 9 months.

here's the thing..
it's one thing if you take work off.

it's another thing when you call out the day of...and leave them scrambling for coverage.

you knew what day you had to work... you couldn't arrange transportation?

My rides car wouldnt start in the morning, everyone else I know was working or in school...

fired = NO unemployment pay
Laid off = Yes unemployment pay
Sucks to hear you got fired tho...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

what about the 6 other times?

it's usually not a coincidence when people are missing work that often, which i assume is what you're hammering at here.

I've called off sick to work 1 time in 6 years at my current place... that doesn't mean i haven't had car problems, weather issues, family issues,etc...it's about accountability, if you had a good work record up til this point then everyone would understand that you probably really did have an issueyou couldn't have planned for - but it's the boy who cried wolf syndrome after awhile.

Anyways - sorry to hear you lost your job and good luck with whatever you do next. Sounds like you didn't like your job anyways.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by osubass1

Especially if they have record of you calling in 7 times in less than a year
looks like u aint gettin that unemployment check

damn, I worked at Home Depot was late almost everyday took long breaks long lunches completely absent some days and left without a 2 week notice
laugh.gif
I justplayed poker and talked UFC a lot with the manager
pimp.gif
damn why did I quit?
laugh.gif
oh well

Back
Top Bottom