Low key, what nike A L P H A project shoes were...or will be..retroed?

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

Can you explain further? If they don't own the rights who does? I just read Lawlor v. Nike and it looks like Nike won.

(Again with the) IIRC, last i heard Footlocker owned Tuned Air.

If i'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Whatever the deal with it, i think we can count tuned air hoops shoes as dead and buried.

You're half-right.

Foot Locker had exclusivity rights for quite some time.

But...they do not "own" the name, line, or patents.

The patent is where the issue came in.

Some years ago, another company came forward with a patent for the "hemispheres" that were inside the air pocket (but not the air pocket itself).

It went to a patent judge, Nike won.

The company with the patent on the "hemispheres" threatened to take it to higher courts than the patent department.

Nike decided they didn't want to risk millions in legal battles, and cut their losses.

Although Tuned Air was mildly successful, Nike figured they had better things in the kitchen to come.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

On a side note, these are Alpha Project, and one of my personal favorites:
Nike-Air-Griffey-Max-Gd-ii-Mens-Black-Sport-Red.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-gd-ii-2-black-varsity-red-2-1.jpg

And, yes, I was compelled to post, although I have not done so in quite some time.

Take care all.

Good find on the Zoom Drives phreakposite. I remember those.

CorporateJP that cleared up the question regarding the use of Tuned Air. I guess Nike won't be retro'ing anything with it.

Here's a SlamUp I have with a PE colorway of the Vis Zoom Uptempo. Rasheed Wallace in the AM Sensations.
tumblr_lrw2uki9wT1qlu6wco1_500.jpg

tumblr_lrw2uki9wT1qlu6wco2_500.jpg

Originally Posted by corporateJP

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

Can you explain further? If they don't own the rights who does? I just read Lawlor v. Nike and it looks like Nike won.

Whatever the deal with it, i think we can count tuned air hoops shoes as dead and buried.

You're half-right.

Some years ago, another company came forward with a patent for the "hemispheres" that were inside the air pocket (but not the air pocket itself).

The company with the patent on the "hemispheres" threatened to take it to higher courts than the patent department.

Nike decided they didn't want to risk millions in legal battles, and cut their losses.

Although Tuned Air was mildly successful, Nike figured they had better things in the kitchen to come.

so with all that said i guess that means no air pillars ever.........

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

Originally Posted by corporateJP

You're half-right.

so with all that said i guess that means no air pillars ever.........

please....don't jinx it
frown.gif
....they manage to bring out pairs of the Air Max Plus consistently so they could just switch the cushioning setup to a regular Air Max setup so that it doesn't affect the look of the design. Make sure the unit has that same design inside....and they're good to go!

Corporate - good $#!t with posting that info
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by shaft

Originally Posted by Slacker83

bring these back and i'm good

298122_1314946255npmb.jpg

These in a 12.5...make it happen!

I remember a dope fiend in my neighborhood had a lick on these shoes. Would come through with a few pair and sell out, then come through a couple days later and have more. He never had anything wlse but these in this exact colorway. Dudes everywhere had them.

Back
Top Bottom