Low key, what nike A L P H A project shoes were...or will be..retroed?

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

I guess they're down now for a while. I took them from this site which is OG in itself by interweb standards http://airpippen18.tripod.com/pics.html.
lol.....everything about that site screams 1999
pimp.gif

I could've sworn the seismics WERE Retroed?

Originally Posted by bootleg ed

I swear that nike buried any mention of tn air...the air max tn upper has been reused but the actual tuned air? No way.

IIRC, Nike don't own the rights to Tuned Air.

So you can throw in the Big Flyers, Tuned Forces and Air Force Max Plus too.

I do believe i have a DS pair of Flyers at home somewhere.

Originally Posted by swingshot

I could've sworn the seismics WERE Retroed?

Originally Posted by bootleg ed

I swear that nike buried any mention of tn air...the air max tn upper has been reused but the actual tuned air? No way.

IIRC, Nike don't own the rights to Tuned Air.

So you can throw in the Big Flyers, Tuned Forces and Air Force Max Plus too.

I do believe i have a DS pair of Flyers at home somewhere.

Can you explain further? If they don't own the rights who does? I just read Lawlor v. Nike and it looks like Nike won.

I think they did retro the seismics, but they weren't viz zoom. I believe they had a heel max air unit, and i am not sure if it was a womens only or overseas release. i still wear mine and they are still comfy, and they still break necks.

i would like to know about the Tn Air thing as well
nerd.gif

and yea, they redid the Seismics with an Air Burst tooling....

5092693288_2a543c0e2d_b.jpg

^ They did the Seismic Burst, but they also retroed the original Zoom Seismic. I wanna say '03 or '04? But they were mostly fruity colorways. Asia exclusive I think too.
img55859030.jpg

img55859021.jpg

sb2262

Burgundys were decent:

!B)IDF!w!2k~%24(KGrHqV,!hkEv1+0GBZ+BMMKyU8Gsw~~_35.JPG

I LOVE my vis air Zooms.
Had them OG, and now have a pair in storage I haven't sadly seen in a while.

Some of the most comfortable shoes ever.

seismics are dope but yeah...can a brotha get a black and white or gray or navy pair? i have enough neon shoes in my life...

Don't forget the Yeungling dunk...

Someone make a rift thread, maybe we'll get to see Dirtylicious.

Can you explain further? If they don't own the rights who does? I just read Lawlor v. Nike and it looks like Nike won.

(Again with the) IIRC, last i heard Footlocker owned Tuned Air.

If i'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Whatever the deal with it, i think we can count tuned air hoops shoes as dead and buried.

Just got these in today. Zoom Seismic from '99.
axk2vd.jpg

Dots FTW:

23mq10.jpg

Always love Alpha Project insoles too:

dew5r4.jpg

Those Seismics are nice larrivee7. Here's some Alpha Project commercials.

DAMN breh, i forgot ALL about that second ad...beyond epic...

As crazy as it sounds, those Air Vis Zoom Uptempos are my grails. Every colorway was awesome and there were so many NBA players rocking them back then, my fav PE was Alan Houstons by far. My favorite Nike of all time.

I'm going to guess NOBODY remembers these: Air Zoom Drive (not the basketball Drive - no relation).  I bought these at Footlocker in 1999 when I was trying on shoes for running, although I should have gone with the Kukinis.  After some good experiences running in them, I bought this second pair in the pic below, but ended up selling them instead.  $100 retail, had viszoom on the side AND had somewhat "visible" zoom on the bottom.  The arch was crazy high, and there was a heel clip a la Trunner LX (but the Drives didn't get recalled).  I remember the description of them said the forefoot has something called "Waffle Fill" for wet weather traction, but no clue what that really meant.  They are definitely NOT a good shoe to retro, as 1. no one remembers them, 2. it was hard to get your foot in since the collar and tongue were one piece, 3. the insole slipped around a bit, and 4. the laces NEVER stayed tied unless you tucked them.  I still thought they were pretty comfortable runners though.

Back
Top Bottom