LUNARGLIDE 5 JULY '13 RELEASE

Good eye ^^^. I cannot say much besides that the upper is not exactly an engineered mesh on that catalog picture. While it may be an error, it may also mean it is a special "EXT" or "NSW" release where it is merely a fashion add on rather than a performance add on. I will be interested to see live pictures of that model. It is very peculiar that the pull tab on the tongue runs all the way down the top, it is something I certainly have never seen on a shoe

I have no idea! haha They have to be an NSW release!

EXTs release at Nike Harajuku tomorrow (via Nike Harajuku).
http://nikeharajuku.jp/blog/2013/06/21/170600.php

MEN

599469-001,002

599469-003,206

WMN

599907-064,331

599907-446,663

Flat laces look HORRIBLE on these!
mean.gif
The blue camo look underwhelming compared to the initial pictures. Maybe they're better in person?

The upper on the camos are all mesh? The tongue has a durasheen finish? I don't like the camos one bit.

Grabbed the black/blue/green cw at fnl 

I like the new tongue/sockliner material 

Grabbed the black/blue/green cw at fnl 

I like the new tongue/sockliner material 

Please elaborate. :D I'm really interested in trying these out.

Is the cushioning the same as the 4s or back to the cushy feel of the 3s?

I'd think it'd be the same as the 4s with a better lockdown. Personally, I actually find the 4s to be more "cushy" than the 3s, as they have more "soft" Lunar than the 3s, especially under the forefoot.

Please elaborate.
happy.gif
I'm really interested in trying these out.
I'd think it'd be the same as the 4s with a better lockdown. Personally, I actually find the 4s to be more "cushy" than the 3s, as they have more "soft" Lunar than the 3s, especially under the forefoot.
Yeah, they feel similar to the 4's, except the sockliner is made of a firm/smooth material like neoprene, and the flywire is actually glued down 

Yeah, they feel similar to the 4's, except the sockliner is made of a firm/smooth material like neoprene, and the flywire is actually glued down 

Good to know! So the liner material transition is just like the FR2 to FR3? If so, I can dig it!

Also, I'm not a fan of the exposed FW. I don't mind the ones on the lace panel, but the first and last sets annoy me haha. Is it possible to tuck in the first and last sets of FW?

Last edited:
Yeah those 2 can be tucked

nm just saw that you could tuck them under the lace holes, thought you were you just gonna tuck them in the shoe lol 

Last edited:
I got to see a pair in person today, and I'm sold. The liner feels more sleek than the LG4 due to the neoprene material, as Corey posted. This transition in material and feel is the same as the FR2 to the FR3.

Good eye! I'd like to see either of those cws in person. I'm also REALLY GLAD the Swooshes aren't reflective! :nthat:

Last edited:
I loved the reflective swooshes on the 4s. Didn't expect them to use it again. Need to try them on to see if the tapping noise I had with the 4s is there again. Pretty sure it'll happen again since it has the same outsole/midsole. Mainly the culprit are the 3 black pieces on the heel. I never tried the 4s half size down to see if that alleviated the problem.

Up on NDC officially
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/l...01417136486&et_sid=ENK0627LG5_NS_M_aPrby_aRun

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom