Lupe Fiasco-Say Something Freestyle Appreciation

Originally Posted by TheHype

Originally Posted by grownmendonthate

Still not convinced,everything about these cats is just soft,its not there skill,they have skills lyrically,its just that there personality and voices are just straight up soft,not my choice of music,thats all,i need that real gangsta music,not something made up from the standpoint of a person that hasnt been through anything[Grownmendonthate goes to cd collection and pops in ''Ghost of rich porter'' ]something with some realistic feel to it.
If that's how you feel, okay. But that reasoning makes no sense.
laugh.gif

On another note...

"I'm ballin like the tops of pawns,
Circle of in-fluence gettin bigger like ripples thats on top of ponds"

The wordplay just made that line so much better. I feel like dude's flow is catching up to the lyrics.
One of my favorite lines too but its "ballin like the tops of Palms"....double meaning hear when your are ballin (playing basketball) your Palm is atop the ball as your dribble and the top of the Palms hotel in Vegas (penthouse suite) is for ballers.

Dude is just filthy.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Still not convinced,everything about these cats is just soft,its not there skill,they have skills lyrically,its just that there personality and voices are just straight up soft,not my choice of music,thats all,i need that real gangsta music,not something made up from the standpoint of a person that hasnt been through anything[Grownmendonthate goes to cd collection and pops in ''Ghost of rich porter'' ]something with some realistic feel to it.
laugh.gif

On another note...

The wordplay just made that line so much better. I feel like dude's flow is catching up to the lyrics.
One of my favorite lines too but its "ballin like the tops of Palms"....double meaning hear when your are ballin (playing basketball) your Palm is atop the ball as your dribble and the top of the Palms hotel in Vegas (penthouse suite) is for ballers.

Dude is just filthy.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

On another note...

Dude is just filthy.

I thought he meant pawns like the chess pieces.

pawn.jpg

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif

On another note...

Dude is just filthy.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I swear this dude's lyrics STAY flying over dude's heads...if you don't like his music, then I'm 99% sure you can't comprehend what he's actually saying...

EASILY the best rapper in the game [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]right now[/color].
sick.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

laugh.gif

On another note...

Dude is just filthy.

pawn.jpg
laugh.gif
 That's what I thought, Cause the top of a pawn is a ball.
eek.gif
 Triple meaning.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif

On another note...

Dude is just filthy.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
It can easily be all three explanations.
The elusive Triple Entendre, though?
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

I prefer my men hard as well.
vfl1xz.gif

Fever's getting feverish, PAIN IS GROWING SEAVERISH (As in the Seavers are the family in Growing Pains)....that line made me screw my face up something crazy, MUCH appreciated.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

laugh.gif

On another note...

Dude is just filthy.

pawn.jpg

It is "pawns". Don't listen to that other guy... I actually heard Lupe's version before I heard Timbo/Drake's.... Can't even listen to the original now... This tape was like another stepping stone of Lupe's flow getting closer to Eminem's... Like watching LeBron get a jumpshot...

Let me get this straight. You don't like lupe cuz he's too soft so you give jim jones play time? (pause) 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  Tsk, tsk, tsk, kid's
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
visualmusiC wrote:

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

I prefer my men hard as well.
vfl1xz.gif

laugh.gif
 , Ayo?

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

smh.gif
Probably my favorite song on this tape. Not to mention, the tape is incredible. Dude is too talented.

'Events recent that lit a fire under him like pots and pans,
rockets and, I [eye] up in the sky like helicopter cam....
and you down there in the traffic jam, from here I've
seen a bunch of fake %@#* like avid wrestling fans
came up from the bottom of the eye exam zooom,
now I'm like the biggest G up in the room
Still hard to see me like the truth on TV
or the roof from the sidewalk, I don't flo [floor], I ceiling..
My ma'ma said they need me, cause...
I'm made from the best stuff on earth like Snapple Tea Leaves
They glass is half full so I spit into them like Celie.."

smh.gif
Dude said he spits into you like Celie. Sheesh.

smh.gif
this didn't even hit me until now. how is he going to body a track from a literary standpoint too. not fair at all. and lightweight pause on that line
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by backpacker23

Let me get this straight. You don't like lupe cuz he's too soft so you give jim jones play time? (pause) 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  Tsk, tsk, tsk, kid's
laugh.gif
Ok background info to people say he is soft

He is a trained black belt in karate.  He could kick your favorite rappers a#$
His father was a Black Panther
Lupe's mentor Charles Paton is serving 44 years for a case where the cops seized 6 kilos of heroin (estimated street value of $1 million)
When lupe references "the yellow or red ones" its slang for different heroin.

And you thought kick push was completely about skateboarding.....
ohwell.gif

Dude has been through a lot and the best part about him is that he still makes positive music.  He doesn't dwell on the bad parts of life.  He, to me, is the best rapper living right now.  PS go see him live it will make you like him even more.

"brave and fly, u back boneless n wingless,
buncha chickens on the strip im comin for they fingers,
...til wat they throwing up is meaningless"

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by backpacker23

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  Tsk, tsk, tsk, kid's
laugh.gif
Ok background info to people say he is soft

He is a trained black belt in karate.  He could kick your favorite rappers a#$
His father was a Black Panther
Lupe's mentor Charles Paton is serving 44 years for a case where the cops seized 6 kilos of heroin (estimated street value of $1 million)
When lupe references "the yellow or red ones" its slang for different heroin.

And you thought kick push was completely about skateboarding.....
ohwell.gif

Dude has been through a lot and the best part about him is that he still makes positive music.  He doesn't dwell on the bad parts of life.  He, to me, is the best rapper living right now.  PS go see him live it will make you like him even more.
Co-sign. Can't wait 'til 4/13.  Seeing him in DC
pimp.gif

on this mixtape lupe just made everyone whos beats he jacked look mediocre

WHAT IS THIS AMATEUR HOUR?

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

on this mixtape lupe just made everyone whos beats he jacked look mediocre[/b[

WHAT IS THIS AMATEUR HOUR?

co-sign. this tape is easily appreciated
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

i cant get down with his flow on this at all but its cool.
agreed flow seems a bit off on this track, but the wordplay and lyricism is just on a different level, so i let it slide
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

BREWSTER's PLACE..He used to stick his fingers in the sockets, damn..

..If you've seen that movie, u understand. I was in the car when shorty  told me to rewind asap and she yelled out dammmmnnn this guy just took me back to that Oprah movie lol

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom